David Bowie: Does Anyone Know If "Is It Any Wonder" Will Ever Be Available for Purchase?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by moomoomoomoo, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agn

agn Forum Resident

2. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo Thread Starter

As I mentioned above please blame the USA postal service & their regulators, not Rhino. And again if what I've read is accurate, I will not be able to afford to order anything from outside the USA starting July 1. THAT SUCKS.

croquetlawns likes this.
  3. ljohnfoxx123

ljohnfoxx123 Lord Foxx Of Chorley

I got myself a download of the EP in lossless.

Also just pre ordered the CD from the UK Rhino site.

Happy days

TonyCzar likes this.
  4. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Damn! Pre-ordered on Bowie.com and the two were well over £30 with postage. Will file that away for the future.
    Anyone know if Rhino UK usually do RSD releases? I will be away from home on the day and unable to get to a physical store.

5. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I did that as well. Rhino didn’t list the bundle until later on yesterday and they also originally had the release date of the vinyl down for some time in May

MGW likes this.
  6. MGW

I have since tried cancelling the bowie.com order ... we shall see!

7. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Hmm. Might be interesting to add a few of the Earthling bonus tracks and make this into more of an album.

croquetlawns likes this.
  8. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

I successfully cancelled the Bowie store order and had a confirmation today.

parman and MGW like this.
  9. MGW

Excellent, still waiting for mine it it had only been about five hours.

Markyp likes this.
  10. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I ordered it from the Bowie store. Either way it was basically the same price,at least in the U.S.

11. moomoomoomoo

I'm in the USA. Last year on RSD there was a Grateful Dead cd I really wanted. While limited in the USA, it was a common item in the UK.

MGW likes this.
  12. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I just ordered the vinyl/cd bundle from the Rhino UK/EU store, £27 delivered, so not too bad.

13. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

The Man Who Sold The World (Live Eno Mix)

Is this a mix of the same recording that was initially the track 2 of the 1995 "Strangers When We Meet" CD single ?

14. MGW

Including p&p, the cd/vinyl set was exactly 1/3 more on Bowie.com than on Rhino UK.

15. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I believe that is the same song/version. On the physical Is It Any Wonder? release it is replaced by another track, probably because that live version was released before.

Lost In The Flood and Purple Jim like this.
  16. moomoomoomoo

I've read it was replaced because it's going to be on BowieNow.

17. MGW

Physical
    Baby Universal ‘97
    Fun (Clownboy Mix)
    Stay ’97
    I Can’t Read ’97
    Nuts
    The Man Who Sold The World (Live Eno Mix)

So the live Eno mix is on both and Fun (Clownboy Mix) is on the physical release in place of the CHANGESNOWBOWIE version of The Man Who Sold The World, which is on the streaming version of Is It Any Wonder? and will be, obviously, on CHANGESNOWBOWIE..

Source:
    Is It Any Wonder? EP streaming and physical — David Bowie

jfeldt and moomoomoomoo like this.
  18. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Ah thanks. It is getting a bit confusing now. :) If I understand it correctly, the Live Eno Mix of The Man Who Sold The World was indeed released previously on the Strangers When We Meet single (which was the original question). But this previously released song is included on the Is It Any Wonder? EP. Whereas a previous version of The Man Who Sold The World (which is still physically unreleased, for now) is replaced by Fun (Clownboy Mix). That live version of The Man Who Sold The World will become available on another exclusive David Bowie release on Record Store Day. I think I got it... :)

19. MGW

Seems to be so ...

20. moomoomoomoo

I don't remember who is the retailer selling it, but a 16/44 (cd quality) physical download of Is It Any Wonder is already out.

21. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

A physical download? I've always wondered how those bits and bytes feel! :D

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  22. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

For what it's worth, the official Bowie site is now saying that the CD-only option is sold out, and the UK Rhino site is also sold out of the CD+vinyl option. The US Rhino store still has the CD+vinyl bundle available but that looks to be about it.

croquetlawns likes this.
  23. moomoomoomoo

Wow, they must have gone limited in a major way.

24. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Highly predictable, they need to sell the bigger sets with caps, hoodies, T-shirts, water bottles, etc etc. The bastards should be ashamed of themselves and the Estate with them. Plenty of time of course to right this wrong before release date.

sortvinyl likes this.
  25. moomoomoomoo

Is it the estate? I thought DB sold his future royalties to some consortium years ago.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.