David Bowie: Does Anyone Know If "Is It Any Wonder" Will Ever Be Available for Purchase?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by moomoomoomoo, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

I have some kind suspicion that this release is going to be part of some bigger release down the line. We saw what happend with the 1969 demo releases, which were also ‘limited’ and then appeared on the ‘Conversation Piece’ boxed set. That’s why I’m reserved to buy this one, though I like the music and I’m a big fan.

croquetlawns likes this.
  2. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

We don’t know how many CDs they set aside for bundles, possibly far fewer than the CD only option and additionally the CD only option sold out quicker because many more people were interested in it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  3. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

I just ordered the cd from Rhino. I ordered the vinyl yesterday from Bowie.com because I did not realize the Rhino US site had copies... oh well. I really only want the cd for this, and could have gotten a bundle from Rhino for cheaper... but so it goes.

vonwegen likes this.
  4. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

Though with the 1969 stuff they announced in advance that it would come out on a cd box at a later date.... I have not seen that with this release. Of course, it could be... and if they do a 1990s box, it may as well be included. But I have no idea. I find the way they are dealing with Bowie releases these days to be very chaotic. At least this one is somewhat interesting to me...

croquetlawns likes this.
  5. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Better running order:

Fun (Clownboy Mix)
    Baby Universal ‘97
    The Man Who Sold The World (Live Eno Mix)
    Stay ’97
    I Can’t Read ’97
    Nuts

Add Pallas Athena (Tao Jones Index) and V2 Schneider (Tao Jones Index) at your discretion.

seasonsinthesky and croquetlawns like this.
  6. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

I really like Stay '97 version. Very nice bottom chugging the song along with that raunchy guitar.

MGW likes this.
  7. dumaisaudio

dumaisaudio Forum Resident

Why is Amazon not selling the vinyl? I can only find pre-order links at Bowie's Shop (sold out), Rhino's webstore, and Target's website. I didn't think this was limited edition.

8. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

I know people have a hard time reading things on Bowie's website and social media but really? We've known the physical release was a Limited Edition for more than a month...

MGW likes this.
  9. dumaisaudio

I pre-ordered from Target, but now my order is delayed for two weeks. Has anyone received shipping notices yet? I'm tempted to cancel with Target and order with Rhino if they are still shipping it on time.

10. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Aren't all disc sold out by now? So cancelling wouldn't be wise, plus if you end up with two sets many Bowie fans will gladly buy one.

vonwegen and NightGoatToCairo like this.
  11. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I ordered from Rhino and they shipped it on Tuesday apparently.

12. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

My order via Rhino also shipped Tuesday with a target delivery date of tomorrow.

13. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

I pre-ordered from Rhino UK but have no word on shipping as yet!
    Just logged in to check, "Not yet shipped".

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  14. mretrain

mretrain Forum Resident

Mine's shipped from the Rhino Eurostore

MGW likes this.
  15. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I received a shipment notice from Rhino Eurostore store a few days ago

16. dumaisaudio

I went ahead and placed an order on the Rhino store too, we'll see if it gets fulfilled.

17. Bfunkthe1

Bfunkthe1 Forum Resident

After ready this information I went to order on Rhino site but I thought I read there was free shipping in the US? It wants to charge me $6.99. For those in the US who ordered from Rhino, is this what you were charged?
    I really want to get this as it's a companion piece of sorts to the Earthling album. Which I love.

18. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I read that too but I think it was only for European orders. I paid $6.99 shipping to the U.S.

19. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I have a hard ponying up almost $25 out the door for this. This release will move to my wish/eventually list.

Bfunkthe1 likes this.
  20. Bfunkthe1

Bfunkthe1 Forum Resident

Oh ok. Thanks for that information. I hope others retailers in the US will eventually have this as $23 -$24 total (shipping+tax) is a bit much for a 6 track EP. Imo.
    Amazon will probably not get this anytime soon as I've just read they are not receiving new music shipments due to COVID-19.

croquetlawns likes this.
  21. Bfunkthe1

Bfunkthe1 Forum Resident

Agreed. See my post. :agree:

22. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

It’s apparently only available from Rhino, not available in stores or Amazon.

scobb and johnnyyen like this.
  23. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

Now showing as "Shipped".

24. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Yes, especially since Baby Universal ‘97 was originally meant to be on Earthling, but was replaced by The Last Thing You Should Do.

25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I forgot all about this until I got shipping email from Rhino this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.