David Bowie Is: Brooklyn Museum Exclusive Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mBen989, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Is there any artist who announces six upcoming releases in (I think) 2 days. Unbelievable...

2. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Yes, apparently. Stage was a pretty fast job, released in September '78 between the US/EU and Downunder/Japan tour leg. Probably to reduce damage from bootleggers, with the eastern leg probably sold out already.

I would spend a fortune to have the London show(s) in perfect sound AND vision, even after all this time. Hope the audio quality is excellent.

3. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

As a gumby fan it is a bit of a shame that some unreleased 1978 recordings are only going to be available via going to a museum or attending a RSD event. I bought the recent New Career box on vinyl and cd and at this point in time I do not feel that well disposed towards the Bowie management of his catalogue. Fortunately for me I stop after Scary Monsters. Moan over. The exhibition should be great fun if not too crowded.

bobdylansbarber and oldturkey like this.
  4. footprintsinthesand

Looks like the Brooklyn Museum has added an additional 100 items to the exhibition, including personal notes about Blackstar.

audiotom, Alfie Noakes and oldturkey like this.
  5. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

[​IMG]

It's making my brain hurt!

6. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Excellent that is a gumby. In reality I am just too old to run around tracking down a track here or a track there for this type of release. If they are not part of a recent deluxe expensive box then I am not surprised that folk like me complain.

audiotom and oldturkey like this.
  7. footprintsinthesand

Still, a good thing that bloke and his brother taped all those 70's Bowie shows for us and their bootlegger boss (Idle). In full stereo no less ... their noses must have hurt more than their ringing ears

oldturkey likes this.
  8. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Also add in the Changestwo and Aladdin Sane reissues due in early April.

Pim likes this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Neither press release says that. Only release format/colour is exclusive. Half of Berlin was previously released. I think it's been stated the eventual London CD will happen later this year.

The Let's Dance demo will be the first Bowie RSD I've ever bought. Already released digitally at the start of the year.

10. Coley

Coley Well-Known Member

Don’t know if people are aware of a site called Bowie station if not check it out.

11. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Amateur. I bought three (download, sleeved, and jewel box, the last of which I never actually saw because it was a gift for someone else.)

Wish I had gotten the jewel box for myself. I hate "fake LP" sleeve packaging used for CDs. With a red hot fury.

(Listening to that YouTube of Earl's Court '78... yeah, this is definitely running fast, and I mostly don't care... it only occasionally gets comical.)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    will_b_free likes this.
  12. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Well, it's been assumed.

13. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

so with London being the RSD release (and presumptive cd release), that seems to leave berlin to be a exclusive only release for the time being. hard to imagine there being a broad market for 3 different shows from the same tour.

scobb likes this.
  14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

In Tokyo, you could buy the releases without entering the exhibit. But surprisingly, most people were actually not that interested in the vinyl. There was a long line at the checkout counter, but I seemed to be the only one clutching a yellow vinyl Next Day album and two copies of the red vinyl 12” Blackstar. Imagine that!

15. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Everybody wanted a 'Lazarus' hutch?

16. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

My daughter bought a Ziggy t-shirt and one of those little square refrigerator magnets. My wife bought a cafe latte and waited outside.

sortvinyl, Mazzy and Coley like this.
  17. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

This year, the Philadelphia Flower Show is offering tea in a garden by appointment. There should have been some way to have your wife enjoy her latte sticking her face through a cutout based on this:

[​IMG]

At $10 a photo, a veritable bargain!

18. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Yeah, on November 9th. 1989. Keep on rockin' in the free world!!! :righton::righton::righton:

TonyCzar and footprintsinthesand like this.
  19. Every Museum I've been to in the US has separate book/gift shops. You never need to attend the museum to shop

Chellovek likes this.
  20. "relentless exploitation" That's amusing :tiphat:

oldturkey likes this.
  21. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

That's true, but as Arndur posted upthread, the Bowie items are only available in the exhibit. This is a good thing.

22. OK interesting. Then I assume they will keep them in stock through most of the show if they can. I have tix for mid May...

ralphb likes this.
  23. ralphb

I hope this prevents ebay flippers from getting their hands on those items. I'm also going mid May so I'm keeping my fingers crossed as to product availability.
    I want a Ziggy t-shirt!

24. Friday May 18th. See you there :tiphat:

TonyCzar likes this.
  25. ralphb

Just checked my calendar, I'm going on the 10th. I'll let you know what's left.:)
    NYC Gay Men's Chorus is doing a show on the 19th called Queer Genius, featuring the work of guess who?

Mazzy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.