David Bowie upcoming release announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tingman, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Byrne

Rob Byrne British, music lover

Agreed - I listened to my vinyl copy tonight and it sounds terrific. Really great bass on Nuts & Stay in particular.

I’ve got the ‘95 7” of Strangers When We Meet with TMWSTW on the b-side, so I’ll have to compare it with this new pressing when I get a chance.

Overall, a really great release.

2. MrBitey

MrBitey Forum Resident

I think the version they should have included is the Fun (Fade 2 Mix). That's the version which is based on Fame and includes the 'Is It Any Wonder?' vocals (at about 1:55)

3. _David_

_David_ Forum Resident

My CD copy turned up last week from the Bowie store and I gave it a proper listen yesterday.

It feels so strange that at this crazy time in the world, as the record stores are closing, Bowie drops this dystopic little posthumous EP (almost an album). The reworked songs sound different enough to feel new - for me it's like the missing link between 1. Outside and Earthling. I can't think of another Bowie CD that I'll remember so well for the moment in history it was released into (Blackstar excepted of course).

Inevitably depressing that people are already flipping this on ebay but that said, at least it gives fans a second chance to buy a copy... worth grabbing a copy now, while the supply is still fairly high, as the value of this will only go up (imo).

Thorpy, Curveboy and croquetlawns like this.
  4. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

And here is the Fun (Dillinja Mix) released on Friday:
    Fun (Dillinja mix) single out now — David Bowie

Groovy and _David_ like this.
  5. MGW

MGW Less travelling, more listening

I believe that the CD is already sold out (in the UK/Europe at least).

6. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

It took a week but my CD arrived...packaging for a $25 CD should have been better but luckily no damage.

croquetlawns likes this.
  7. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

New playlist: Earthling On Fire

Baby Universal '97
    Little Wonder (Danny Saber Remix)
    Battle For Britain (The Letter)
    Seven Years In Tibet
    The Man Who Sold The World (Live Eno Mix)
    Dead Man Walking (this ones not dead yet mix)
    Fun (Clownboy Mix)
    I'm Afraid Of Americans (V1)
    I Can't Read '97
    Stay '97

croquetlawns likes this.
  8. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Has anybody who bought from Warner Australia had a shipping notice. I've not heard a peep from them, I know there are bigger things to worry about at the moment but emailed them on Thursday morning and got no reply.

9. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Don't worry, maybe the logistics barcode sticker got detached, they'll find it.

[​IMG]

trumpet sounds, scobb and jhm like this.
  10. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

Did anybody in the USA get this . My package got lost , then showed up but no vinyl in it, just two t-shirts. It's quite on Discogs and nothing on Amazon. The Bowie store hasn't responded.

11. Innocent Smith

Innocent Smith Always crashing in the same car

I'm in the US and ordered from the official Bowie Store. I got mine last Friday (a week late?), but I only ordered the CD.

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  12. sparkmeister

sparkmeister Forum Resident

I ordered from Warners UK about a month or two ago. I arranged delivery to my work address. Two days before release day, I contacted them to say I’m now working from home and that there wouldn’t be anyone there to collect it. I asked if they could deliver to my home address instead. They said my order had already been processed and that if nobody took delivery it would get sent back. I would then be looking at a refund or a redelivery subject to availability(!). I haven’t heard anything since and they haven’t responded to emails.

13. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Well Warner au did reply a few days after I emailed them. Apparently they don't have the t-shirt yet and they will update me when ready to ship, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt given that all shipping seems to be delayed so may not have arrived in Australia yet, however, I will be pissed if they end up cancelling it as it will be hard to come by on the second hand market. Note to self - don't order a t-shirt next time!

croquetlawns likes this.
  14. Knicknack

Knicknack Forum Resident

Question: is anyone else experiencing sibilance on any of the tracks? Maybe I got a bad copy? This is the only record that has given me trouble since I got my Nagaoka MP110.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.