David Cassidy, RIP.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

RIP David.

When I first started collecting vinyl records in the 80s, the DC/PF records were some of the first I sought out (along with Bobby Sherman & The Osmonds).
    I had a pretty large collection of records & other memorabilia on these groups (including many import records from around the glove).
    Wish I had those import records now.
    Here's a pic of my friend Jim's collection.

[​IMG]

Darryl

2. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Very sad! :(

3. motownboy

motownboy Senior Member

One of David's best PF songs...

MikaelaArsenault and Grant like this.
  4. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

RIP, I wanted to date his (TV) teen sister, play with his tambourine toting younger sister (AS a TEN YEAR OLD LOL), and hopefully be the enxt Mr.Partridge (unless Ruben Kincaid married Shirley first-ly).

A year after Florence Henerosn.Interesting, that of the Brady & Partridge older daughters..(double teen sigh) both Maureen McCormick and Susan Dey (along with McM's younger star Eve Plumb,aka Jan who carries the TV rivalry into rea life) are still alive. So is the recently late (Partridge) Suzanne Crough (Tracy P)'s Brady equivalent, Susan Olsen (Cindy).

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

That's really bad news, especially for his fans and family. Cassidy had a great voice. I have all of the PF albums and at least two of them are genuinely great.

6. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

RIP David. When news broke 2 months after they admitted his organs were failing, we knew his time was coming. At peace now. Getting to the point, scared to look at a newspaper or a web page. Who is next? Me might have seen some of the greatest entertainers of a generation, but we're watching them all die now.

7. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

This times 1,000! I recently re-watched almost the entire series, and that really stood out. So great.

8. ronm

ronm audiofreak

RIP D.C.Always was envious of him as a 11-12 year old.He had all these girls that wanted him.

9. John54

John54 Senior Member

Rest in peace. I'm a little more affected by this than I normally would be for someone like him. The Partridge Family had some great songs to which he made a major contribution, and I'm certainly never going to forget those.

10. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Couldn't ask for anything better growing up. Great television, catchy pop tunes, velvet outfits, the coolest bus around and my first tv crush (Shirley Jones). God Bless Mr Cassidy and thank you for being a part of my childhood soundtrack. Good thoughts.

11. Syd Avett

Syd Avett Forum Resident

R.I.P. David!

I have never been ashamed to claim you as my first Pop star when I was just 8 years old. Suffer no more dear David!

12. JoeRockhead

always loved his version of this tune:

13. JoeRockhead

Friday nights growing up, ABC was the place to be!
    [​IMG]

14. RandyP

RandyP Forum Resident

When I was about 10, the Partridge Family show was on TV. I bought their first album, which I still have, including the photo inside. I even wrote them a little note on the back of the photo. Of course, I thought they played all those instruments and had no idea who the real musicians were. David was one of my wife's favorite singers and she had a major crush on him, probably around the same time I was spinning their first album on my turntable. Years later, I discovered this great song buried as b-side. It remains my favorite song of theirs. Rest in peace.

MikaelaArsenault, Grant and motownboy like this.
  15. LaserKen

LaserKen Senior Member

I was a huge fan -had a chance to interview him via satellite 23 yrs ago

16. varitone

varitone Forum Resident

R.I.P. David.

From the height of Cassidysteria, a fine choice of cover.

17. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

So sad! I considered him as forever young. RIP David.

MikaelaArsenault and Grant like this.
  18. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

If I'm completely honest, he was my very first rock idol. I've not thought about it a lot and certainly have not revisited his music since way before puberty, but he was a really, really big part of my childhood and my inspiration toward music.

A very sad passing, but it's happy to think of him free of the many pains he endured for so long. R.I.P.

19. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

The Partridge Family thing passed me by--I was more of an Alice Cooper man by that time. But I did see David Cassidy perform in Las Vegas about 15 years ago, in a musical with Sheena Easton. He was a force of nature. RIP.

There's a dementia tsunami coming and our economy may not be able to survive it.

20. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

It was certainly contrived - and we were perfectly willing to accept the illusion. But behind it all were real people with their own agendas and good luck to them. What a snapshot of our innocence.

21. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

I remember showing up to elementary school the next Monday after the first Partridge Family show debuted on what I remember to be a Friday night. I was nine years old and this show was just the coolest thing we had ever seen. Miss those times and the people that made it all so special. RIP David.

22. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

Great voice....made some great records. RIP David...thanks for the music you're leaving with us.

23. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Rest easy David. You left some great entertainment and memories. I was born in '72 so I dont remember the heyday of the show but got to know it in reruns.

24. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

David had a big hit with 'The Last Kiss' in 1985 with none other than George Michael on backing voc.

Darryl

25. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

One of my earliest heroes on TV as a 4 or 5 year-old kid. The Partridge Family made some great pop records. RIP David.

MikaelaArsenault and adad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.