David Crosby (Cameron Crowe)- Croz's life, "Remember My Name" documentary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lemonade kid, Feb 8, 2019.

1. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Yes, I elsed this doc. Not a big Crosby fan but I really enjoyed it.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  2. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Forum Resident

Billy James

3. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

I hope the fella is unemployed now. Easily replaceable, unless gossip and triviality is their thing. Not a word about the last 4 albums or the documentary, and would never have gotten there anyway.

steve722 likes this.
  4. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Forum Resident

Yes but Crosby acts like a child anyway - he should have just stood up and walked out

5. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I saw the film 3 weeks ago in a theater. A first gen Byrds fan so I’ve followed Crosby’s exploits since 1965. However I found his narcissism a wee bit off putting. And the multiple references about dying soon, I might be dead, I’ll be dead tomorrow - very tiring. I wanted to like this film more.

6. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

Yikes. What does that guy think he's contributing? Who wants to see the reaction of someone ignorant of the subject?

7. jumboshrimp

jumboshrimp Forum Resident

Saw the documentary in a multiplex in Kalamazoo , MI a couple nights back.
    Couldn't believe it was booked. One showing per night.
    Me and my bud were the
    only two there. Anyway, I thought it was totally worthy & I'm glad to have seen it on a big screen rather than my TV.

During the segment about Kent State there was a spare/acoustic version of Ohio playing before shifting to
    the full CSNY song . It was cool. I waited to see if the credits would help ID this version, but I didn't see it listed amongst the
    many others that scrolled by. Did I miss it or wasn't it there?

Anyway , does anyone know for certain the source of that "acoustic" Ohio which was used?

jeremylr likes this.