David Crosby (Cameron Crowe)- Croz's life, "Remember My Name" documentary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lemonade kid, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Has this been posted ? Too lazy to search the thread, screw it.

2. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Jan Crosby is a lucky woman

3. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Again, I doubt he would have asked questions of a similarly salacious nature to anyone else, bar reality stars and teen idols. Why did he feel this was ok to do with Crosby?

I've already said that Crosby should have taken the highroad, and that the use of profanity was unnecessary.

4. roman.p

roman.p Forum Resident

A cool thing about the film is that many of the songs featured (mostly in the background) are either demo versions or what sounded to me like unique remixes — such as Deja Vu with only acoustic guitar and group vocals.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  5. Glass Candy

Glass Candy Forum Resident

This interview was horrible. Tho Crosby is a jerk.

TonyG likes this.
  6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I noticed that as well--great selection in the music, there were several rare-sounding demos and cuts I had never heard.

7. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing Thread Starter

So according to McGuinn, NO Byrds reunion...

Roger McGuinn Shoots Down David Crosby’s Byrds Reunion Idea (Again)
    “David Crosby is not hated,” McGuinn’s rep said in a statement. “But that doesn’t mean anyone wants to work with him”

Roger McGuinn Shoots Down (Again) David Crosby’s Byrds Reunion Idea – Rolling Stone

S'ok...the only Byrds reunion I'd care about can't happen: The five Byrds...McGuinn, Clark, Hillman, Crosby & Clarke

Mr. Tambourine Man

8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Still, it's pretty sad when 3 of the 5 original Byrds are alive, active and all still touring, and two of them already toured together the last few years. If 3 of the 4 Beatles were alive, and two of them were touring together but refused to work with the third, people would be like "WTF?".

lemonade kid, Chris DeVoe and The MEZ like this.
  9. fretbuzzed

fretbuzzed Forum Resident

some more promo tv,

most of the details in this video have already been covered in the ''screen times'' video I posted previously,
    but a few more anecdotes not covered earlier, definitely worth a watch

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Chrome_Head and George P like this.
  10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

And Nash, maybe the best of the lot ...

ARK likes this.
  11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I think Nash’s debut is his best, but I don’t think it has held up as well over time as Crosby’s and Stills’ debuts.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  12. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I love this guys voice. I can't wait to see this. I'm ok with what ever he says as long as it's true to what he feels.
    To many want to make Documentaries and soft sell everything, life for most of us doesn't work that way.
    I'm glad to see he has got his life together, gets to play music with his son. What Dad wouldn't want that?
    Is it for sale or released to theaters yet? I personally would like to buy it and watch it at home.
    I'm the last person who could judge a Rock star for their past, they didn't do anything I that I didn't do.
    Good for him.

13. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

It's being released on DVD. I have a hold on it at my local Library.

The MEZ and Larry Mc like this.
  14. lemonade kid

Well, Croz is up for it. Let's do it. Byrds/CSNY reunion music fest and international tour. :p

The MEZ and Chrome_Head like this.
  15. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

I just saw the movie and really enjoyed it. He comes across as very honest. The music was great, his voice is still there. But you never do get a sense of how he “destroyed the heart of CSN and CNSY”. It’s never explored. BTW-Michael Lang was directly ahead of me at the concession stand. I somehow thought they wouldn’t charge him but they did.

Chrome_Head and Myke like this.
  16. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Not the slightest bit surprising. Most people who work in movie theaters are under 21, and maybe their parents, or possibly grandparents would recognize him.

17. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

The concession person greeted him with Hi Michael. Woodstock is a small town and everyone knows everyone else.

ARK and Chris DeVoe like this.
  18. Chris DeVoe

Ah okay. Sounds like he's crossed the line from "celebrity" to "just another guy" ... at least in Woodstock. Besides, the movie theater business is a pretty marginal one; if they gave free popcorn to every legend in that neighborhood, they'd be out of business pretty quick.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  19. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

David Crosby: a hundred pounds of ego in a fifty-pound sack. Hard pass on this one. I can appreciate some of the music, but that's where it stops for me.

20. guppy270

guppy270 Forum Resident

I know Croz has this reputation, but I think by this point a lot of people just like piling on.

I've read a lot of books on these guys. I can count on one hand the amount of times I thought "well, that was a di** move by Crosby". However, I must've thought that about 20 times regarding Mr Young. If Croz had left a tour in the middle with no explanation, just a "eat a peach" note, it'd be the end of the world. But somehow when Neil does it, it's just "Neil being Neil". He "gets away" with things Crosby would never dream of. But everyone just shrugs and says "that's Neil".

21. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I just love the fact that Roger gets all of this attention from David, more power to Rog.

bonus likes this.
  22. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Library..good idea.

The CSNY camp are wealthy enough. No need to spend any more of my money on these guys.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  23. lemonade kid

Not sure if Croz has any bigger ego than the rest of CSNY, or Byrds...Croz just speaks his mind and can be an ar se. He' s mellowed a lot and I love his interviews; always interesting and up front. Never pulls any punches, especially about himself. (And I agree, why does Neil get away with his junk, when Croz has just been an ass (opinionated often and honest about it), not a deserter...and I love Neil, as well as Croz).

ARK and keyXVII like this.
  24. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

Precisely. It’s a tiny independent theater.

ARK and Chris DeVoe like this.
  25. Chris DeVoe

guppy270 likes this.