David Crosby Wants A CSNY Reunion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

It was undisclosed. Perhaps the figure will leak at some point (probably will), but at this point, we can only guess. My guess would be in the $10 million range. It is unclear how much of his publishing Croz still controlled at the time of the sale, and that would certainly make a difference.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. teag

teag Forum Resident

3. Macca Havana

Macca Havana Forum Resident

Agree recent Stills/The Rides and Nash albums have been good. It has been the recent Neil Young albums that have been really disappointing. Hope the forthcoming NY release with Crazy Horse marks a return to form.

carlwm and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Agreed on Neil Young.

I quite like Fork In The Road and Americana but it's been slim pickings in recent years, apart from that.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Saw this equipment case at the king crimson show last night. At least their stuff is on tour….
    [​IMG]

6. I could imagine there would be room for both as long as CSN or CSNY would not do something like a year-long tour. Maybe rehearse a lot but scale down the volume and instead do a few but really big events. Having said that:

1) Stephen's recent stuff has been good, but in a controlled studio environment where he can hear really well.

2) Also thought Graham's recent one was good, but it's my least favorite of the recent batch from all three.

3) Don't see Neil doing it at all. The last of his that I really enjoyed through and through was "Prairie Wind" and that was a LONG time ago.

jeremylr and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

My guess is that it's probably closer to 1/3-1/4 of that. 90% of how much it was worth depends on David's financial participation in a handful of heavyweight copyrights/masters. The majority of the value comes from video licensing. The other 10% would depend on David's financial participation in high value streaming catalogs, primarily CSN(Y), but also The Byrds.

David is only a minority participant on a very small number of the big hits, which is why his catalog wouldn't likely have generated a huge valuation.

8. Exactly, and in that context, it was a pretty good jab at humor.

DTK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.