David Crosby Wants A CSNY Reunion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

seems like it is timed to publicize the documentary. comments like that are gold. didn't he sing background for phil collins a while back? phil knows how a well placed comment will get the pub mill working.

jlf, reb and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

The muse has smiled on Crosby for the last few years, and I'd hate to see anything break the streak he's riding. I can't imagine any scenario where a CSNY reunion works, with the possible exception of a one-off gig at Woodstock 50, where the nostalgia value would easily outweigh the dubious musical value.

Jack Lord, jlf and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

One off Woodstock 50 is the ticket. They should be able to get a million each to be the spirit of the original fest there. Then release a modern sounding autotuned version of the Joni tune with a hip young star doing a rap verse and take that to the bank.

4. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Almost Shaved My Head ;)

5. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

Mortgage due?

6. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Thinking the same thing. Don’t wanna disrupt His current streak -not even for a Byrds tour

scousette and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Could somebody please post what all the fights were about between members so that we can know how challenging and meaningful it may be for them to forgive each other and have a reunion?

I mean what emotional obstacles are we talking about here?

8. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

Crosby said that his insurance covered the settlement.

9. Pierino

Pierino Forum Resident

Almost every day we read about another old rock & roller who passed away and it makes you sad. I think Crosby is thinking, and I mean really thinking, about his mortality and maybe even Stills, Nash, and Young's, too. Doesn't that make you consider a lot of things - making as much music as you can with what time you have left, mending broken relationships with people you really care about, in the same vein trying to turn some wrongs into rights, and, yeah, one last shot at making a lot of money.

keyXVII, carlwm, Jarleboy and 5 others like this.
  10. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

No interest. Rather have him make another solo album.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. Musician95616

Musician95616 Forum Resident

My understanding on why there is so much strife in the CSNY camp is this:
    (1) Crosby said derogatory things about Daryl Hannah after she took up with Neil Young. Neil was offended and said that he wouldn't work with Crosby ever again (or something to that effect).
    (2) Nash is mad at Crosby for the way Crosby treated him after Nash's bio "Wild Tales" came out. According to Nash, Crosby was awful to him and Nash said that he wouldn't work with Crosby ever again (or something to that effect)
    (3) Not sure why or if Stills is mad at Crosby.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    The MEZ, Matthew Tate and Monasmee like this.
  12. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Would love it if they were able to reform and make some worthwhile music. I read another recent interview with Croz over the weekend where he said he wasn't interested in trodding the same old ground with the group.

If it never ends up happening, I'm quite content with Croz's new solo efforts. His latest is up there with his best work, IMO.

Very much looking forward to seeing the Croz documentary as well.

The MEZ and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Saw them in Vegas. Great show!

anth67 likes this.
  14. Chrome_Head

Funny post and all, but Croz did make a new version on his new album last year with Becca, Michelle & Michael that's pretty damn good:

keyXVII, Rfreeman and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert Forum Reconstructor

Roger, Chris, David, Mike Campbell, Bentmont Tench and Stan Lynch

The Byrdsbreakers :D

16. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

FYP

17. Dr. Robert

Added Stan because he and Roger have collaborated in other projects, and all. And those harmony vocals, man :D

linclink and Former Lee Warmer like this.
  18. Former Lee Warmer

Does Stan even play drums anymore? And I don't know who "Bentmont" is...:righton:

19. Dr. Robert

I think he does, and I always favored his drumming, when listening to the Heartbreakers

Former Lee Warmer and linclink like this.
  20. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I haven't been playing very close attention for many years, but it has seems to me that the musical weak link has been, for a long time, Stephen Stills. His voice, from what I've heard, has been gone gone gone in a way that sounds unrecoverable. His songwriting has been pretty uninteresting for a long time, too. Very disappointing to me, as his music was so fabulously brilliant in the Springfield and early CSN(Y) days and he seems to have lost it all. Neil Young can be overbearing, but I've always thought that his voice, unconventional as it may be, blends very well with the others. So, my proposal would be to join Crosby and Nash and Young. This assumes that Young could dial back his alpha side a few notches, besides forgiving Crosby his nasty comments about his wife.

In other words, a new CNY album featuring the three of them as equal songwriters, Crosby as primary lead vocalist, and he and Young as dual guitarists. Crosby as vocal arranger. I guess Nash winds up in the supporting position in this group.

I'm sure it can never happen, but if it did, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  21. Former Lee Warmer

Absolutely, I just haven't heard of him doing anything since that Don Henley record a few years ago and he didn't even play drums on that. Neither one of them did, actually.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Dr. Robert

Non-drumming drummers collaborating, not bad!

But the most recent drumming of his I could find was this video from April 2016:

mtvgeneration likes this.
  23. Chrome_Head

I haven't kept up with Stills, can't speak to his current singing ability. Didn't he cut a record with Judy Collins a couple years back?

I thought I did read somewhere that Stills' hearing is not what it used to be.

24. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

Any meaningful work from CSN and or Y ain’t gonna happen. That ship has sailed. And I would guess that not many people care anymore. It could have been different but 4 egos chose otherwise.

25. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Hillman is on record as considering himself politically aligned with Nugent, but has no problems working with Crosby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.