DCC Archive DCC Everly Best /Liner Notes / Praise...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bob g., Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob g.

bob g. Senior Member Thread Starter

Steve et al,
    I thought having the Varese/Cadence set plus the Warner/Walk Right Back set was going to be enough Everlys for this tin eared boomer. Man, was I wrong! Soundwise the DCC disc has to be worth more than those 4 discs plus any others. Don't have the Rhino box, wondered if I'd miss its booklet but I'm so happy/sad to see Todd Everett's understated yet fully appreciative notes for the DCC disc that I don't care. Sad because it reminds me of the loss of reading him in the Herald-Examiner (LA's former 2nd newsrag). Don't you think it would be neat if some of the guys scattered around this forum could view re-runs of Little Art's Poker Party on DVD? That comment won't register with most of them but this might: "The Everly Brothers' Best" is the ultimate double entendre.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ah, an LA boy!

Yes, I miss reading Todd in the old H. E. paper.

Heck, I miss the paper. It was a "nightly", and at least had up to the minute news when one came home after work. Too bad.

Had breakfast with Art a few weeks ago. He actually joined us just to hang with the Wrecking Crew/Gold Star guys, Hal Blaine, Lyle Ritz, Larry Levine and Stan Ross, but I'll pretend it was just me he wanted to see. Har har.

Glad you liked The Everly Bros. DCC disc. I still play it, too. Neat songs and a style of music that is really gone with the wind. Too bad.

I'd sure like to do an SACD of that title. Don't think anyone would buy it though.. :(

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Steve Hoffman ]

3. Ronald

Ronald Senior Member

Is the DCC Everly Bros. still available? I have the Rhino LP of their hits and that sound is much better than anything else I ever heard. The vocals are well detailed.

How about re-pressing it on DCC LP?

I guess I can scour the local stores to see if back stock still remains.

4. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Yea! Now we have "The Red Rag"
    Hope I don't start a polictical pissing contest. What's that my mother told me about never discussing religion or politics.
    Gotta throw this in.

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Larry Naramore ]

5. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Steve, Im not really a big advocate of SACD, but if you issued the Everly Bros that way, I WOULD buy it and I imagine most people here would buy it as well.

Thats a title thats needs a new mastering.
    The Evely Bros were the BEST at what they did, and thats enough reason.

Ps...Steve, how about a DCC Gold on The Ventures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.