DCC Archive DCC Fresh Cream

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Todd Fredericks, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

I got my vinyl copy this weekend and gave it a spin. Again, another fantastic DCC release. I've heard these songs on tons of different vinyl/CD pressings yet this has so much more definition and clarity. Clapton's guitar is wonderful to listen to. Every time I put on a newly aquired DCC title it just amazes me how big and solid the music sounds. I know Steve is partying in Las Vegas but does anyone know the full story of why the mono version of "Rollin' And Tumblin'" was removed from later pressings (my copy doesn't have it). I also got "Paul Simon" and the Jim Croce albums (both are suprise/suprise wonderul too.).

Todd

2. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Eh? Are you thinking of I'm So Glad? That song is mono only...

I wasn't aware of the mono Rollin' And Tumblin being on any pressings. But I could be wrong...

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

Luke,

The vinyl version (I'm not sure about the CD), "Rollin' And Tumblin'" (mono) was the "4th" bonus track on early pressings then it was removed I think because of legal reasons. I was curious if anyone knows the full story?

Todd

4. feinstein

feinstein Member

I have number 1565 of the vinyl "Fresh Cream" and the mono version of "Rollin'" is on there. How many copies of this release did DCC make? Number 1565 is not particularly an early pressing, so I'm surprised that mine has it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.