DCC Archive DCC LP Release Numbers?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andy, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy New Member Thread Starter

Has DCC ever released the final print totals for the #ed LP releases?

2. Ronald

Ronald Senior Member

I was told the number was 5000 when I was at a record show in 1994 when BC beat UNC and Marquette beat Kentucky in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

I can't really say. The largest number I ever saw was 1587 on my copy of "For Whom the Bell Tolls."

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest

UK plays Duke tonight for the first time since '98 (ESPN, 9 PM EST). May the sun shine on Mr. Prince again (like in the UNC game). Please!

-Patrick, UK alumnus, Duke-hater

4. Ronald

Ronald Senior Member

Go Cats! I hope Prince sinks his first five three point shots against Duke like he did against UNC earlier this year! What a game!

I am at the University of Arizona, also a Wildcat institution, and I thought our basketball team was jobbed by the refs in last years NCAA Final against Duke. I agreed with Gary Williams when he thought that Shane Battier was going to be given the NCAA tournament title as a reward for staying four years.
    Jason Williams should have fouled out of the game in the first half!

5. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I realize I am totally OT here, but I'm understandably upset in the wake of that OT loss.

So my question is: how many steps does Jason get before they call a walk? 4? 5? Certainly not '3,' cause he got that many multiple times. Ugh.

Incidentally, I thought the officiating was bad in the '97 NCAA championship, but that's another story.

Someone beat Duke!!! Please! Soon!

6. Ronald

Ronald Senior Member

I think we were lucky in the '97 NCAA Finals. The Minnesota-UK game was a slugfest. UK's speed eventually prevailed against the linebacking style of the Gophers. The UK players were still recovering two days later. I have never seen a more physical game since then, other than Stanford-UK in 1998.

If we played Minnesota and UK played UNC, I think UK would have had the three-peat ('96, '97 and '98).

At 59-47, I thought Duke was cooked last night, but J-Will took over. You'll get your shot again against them in March. I hope you'll kick their butt then.

7. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member

Don't know about official numbers, but the highest LP I have out of 35+ DCC platters is the Elvis Presley 24KT hits at #7,029.

It's the only one I have over #5,000.

Don't get me started on basketball. I was at UCLA when Reggie Miller was there, and Walt Hazzard couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He had 3 NBA players on that team. Agghh

8. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I like Reggie Miller. I kept wanting the Pacers to get a championship -- under Bird would have been sweeeeeet. (I hate the Lakers.) Interestingly, people around here, or at least some of them, don't like Indiana because of Rose. Yeah, they're still ticked that Michigan took UK out in Mashburn's last year. Nothing like a grudge, huh?

Losing the '97 championship *was* a real bummer. Would have been a great way to send off Pitino and Mercer (one of my favorite all-time UK players). And it would have put us ahead of Duke for championships in the 90s.

When UCONN beat them a couple of years ago, I was absolutely ecstatic. What a great game, and "my" team won for once!

So, good look to Arizona (unless you're playing UK), and good luck to anyone playing Duke. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.