DCC Ray Charles Discrepancy

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeffrey, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Hi,

On the back of the DCC Ray Charles' Ingredients in a Recipe for Soul, the cd states that tracks 11-16 were originally released as...... There are only 14 tracks on the cd.... Were there originally gonna be 16 tracks and this was not revised or was this just a mistake??

-Jeffrey

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Sounds like the reverse of what happened on Cream Wheels Of Fire. Extra tracks not listed on the cd cover.

3. Jeffrey

Hi Ron,

Given the absence of any other explanations, you must be right. It must have been a pure mistake. Kinda surprised to see this given the attention to detail that DCC is known and frequently credited for on their pieces. Goes to show that nobody is perfect.

-Jeffrey

4. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

Hello Jeffrey,

You wrote:
    On the back of the DCC Ray Charles' Ingredients in a Recipe for Soul, the cd states that tracks 11-16 were originally released as......

I checked my copy and, sure enough, that's what it says. However, the cardboard outer slip case correctly states tracks 11 through 14. Perhaps no extra tracks ever, just a typo on the back cover?

5. Jeffrey

Hi Dan,

Yes, I also saw that the slip case was correct but thought there may be more to the story than just a typo. As we know, Steve did LOTSA stuff w/ Mr. Charles and Steve may have planned on the extra 2 tracks and the back cover was never revised.

Just A Thought,
    Jeffrey

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Probably just a typo.

Does the DCC Gold version match the Silver version in content?

I'm too lazy to look today....:laugh:

7. Jeffrey

Hi Steve,

Dunno, I only have the gold. The discography says the silver version is different mastering than the gold. Can you tell us the story on that... please. :)

-Jeffrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.