DCC version of Al Green's-Greatist Hits available anywhere new?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomd

tomd Senior Member Thread Starter

I 'd love to pick up the DCC compact classics version of Al Green's Greatist Hits.I assume it's oop-is there any place other than ebay where I could buy a copy (audiophile mail order etc.) no too much over original price?

2. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

This one's on my short list too...

Also looking for Joni's "Blue" and The Doors' "Strange Days."

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

The sad truth: ALL DCC titles are OOP; the good news, however, is that, with some net-work(so to speak), you can usually find a good many still sealed on some web sites. The golds you find will tend to sell for $25-$35 for single discs, $40-$55 for the doubles. If I were you guys, I'd try Best Buy, CD Connection, CD Universe, and Tower, in that order. I've had some luck tracking down some titles I'd never gotten around to buying using those(but with Tower, a few aluminums; no golds). The Al Green is tough to find sealed(which is what I assume is meant here by *new*), but BLUE and STRANGE DAYS have turned up listed as available on these sites off and on, and are well worth checking out. It all comes down to how much seeking you want to do. (How much Sam Goody has left, I've no idea; I think the membership pretty muched sucked them dry).

Just get your CC's ready, and happy hunting!:)

ED:cool:

4. KLM

KLM Senior Member

This is a tough one to find new but well worth the search. I have seen some copies show up on ebay and half.com. I would recommend a new or gently used copy as this is a great cd and the DCC version sounds terrific. Good luck.

5. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Mine came from MediaPlay.com in the feeding frenzy of the last few weeks. Good luck, Tom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.