De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

From a personal viewpoint that album is the best sounding one out of the lot, amazing really blew me away when I first heard it.

2. RichC6

RichC6 Member

Yeah all this has rather distracted from what a bloody great cut of a great album it is. Oh well...

3. RichC6

RichC6 Member

My replacement AHDN arrived this morning. Still broken. Bah! Refund and 2012 issue it is then.

4. Jimbo Jobson

Jimbo Jobson Forum Resident

You’ve got a refund? Did you send it back?

5. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

If mine ever arrives I don’t see the point of opening it, giving it to the local Hospice shop to sell , well two to sell as I bought two.

6. RichC6

RichC6 Member

Just requested a refund via a senior type in South Africa who I tend to get sense out of. Doubt he will ask for 2 faulty copies to be sent back, but will let you know.

7. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

I think that this should be sorted out , hopefully if they do another years run of these further down the line they will look at it?.

8. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

did you think they had gone to the effort of making new stampers, pressing new records, re pressing the artwork and labels just for you?

seanjennings and Jimbo Jobson like this.
  9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Did the initial run of this De Agostini Hard Days Night have the intro messed up?

10. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

You won’t believe this Deagostini have done it again - only sent me 2x Revolver instead of AHDN, this just beggars belief !, I’m speechless at their incompetence!.

Do you think they do it on purpose !!

If they’d sent two white albums I’d have been more than happy but for Heavens sake Revolver is the one out of the set I’ve not enjoyed !. They must have people from Mars working in customer services who have a problem with basic understanding of requests , I mean how hard is it to understand “A Hard days night” issue no 10!!!. And the covers are creased (re packs) after being sent back to them?”. Maybe they have now run out of AHDN and are sending out anything left over?..

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  11. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

We were first alerted to this when the series was first releaased in Italy, so there was no surprise.

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Oh ok.

Well, they arent going to do a recut. So Im not sure why people would think getting a replacement copy is going to be any different. This isnt a scratch or non-fill etc...this cant be fixed by a replacement copy. The cut is what it is.

13. Jimbo Jobson

People thought they would get something different because several of us phoned them up, explained the problem and they told us the issue had been fixed and that replacements would be sent out.

Quite reasonable to assume it had been recut methinks :)

LivingForever likes this.
  14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I hope it is, and maybe they can fix the original problem with the intro when these were first reissued. But I seriously doubt they have recut this to appease a few hardcore fans. Should they? Yes. Did they and will they? I highly doubt it.

15. Jimbo Jobson

We know that they didn’t as I have received the replacement and it’s the same. I admit it was always unlikely but now we know it’ll never get sorted.

16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Too bad, sorry for that.

17. deanb64

deanb64 Active Member

Just got another copy of AHDN through the post and it is the same as the first, Iv'e been getting these from tesco so at least this one is free, It's a bit odd how this company works but I will now give up on the AHDN thing and just finish off the collection at tesco. I hope.

18. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member Thread Starter

I thought they could do a recut, as it wasn't yet 'released' to the other countries that they begun to put this collection out in. But then, I thought it was possible they'd just acquire a load of 2012s and mail them to us... I'm now not surprised at all that they are just sending us copies of the one we already have though.

I've not received my so-called replacement yet BUT I did get this email, a few days after they replied to tell me I'd be getting another AHDN (which was also a few days after my first message to them):

Dear Subscriber,

At DeAgostini we are constantly seeking ways to improve our customer experience.

Please take a moment to rate the quality of service you recently received from Charmaine Ratiba.

Online Questionnaire

Kind regards
    Customer Service Team

DeAgostini Publishing UK Ltd

I posted this because I can't recall anyone else mention they've had the same. Have to say I'm quite satisfied in the fairly short time they took to reply but as for anything else..? I think others are better placed (ie. subscribers) to tell them how they feel - and so I left the online link in! Obviously, I'm not going to give them any ratings they ask for there before receiving the 'replacement.' Which with them, carries no guarantee. :sigh:

19. Jimbo Jobson

I've received this email after every email conversation I've ever had with them. I give the same feedback every time. And nothing changes.

Mr. Explorer and OneStepBeyond like this.
  20. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks, Jimbo. It's as I might have guessed then. Makes no difference as to what 'rating' anyone gives but I wonder what one could type in answer to the question... " If there was one thing we could do to improve your contact centre service experience, what would it be?" JUST to see if anyone there actually reads the thing?! I think I will give it a shot at some point (!)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Despite the opening chord issue which Sean Magee admits was his fault, the pressing is superb. Crazy that this mistake was not picked up but doesn't stop me enjoying this version.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

He has been made aware of it, is aware of it, had put his hands up and confessed that it was his fault.

To be fair on everyone here we thought a mixture of DeAgostini then removing the offending issue from online sales and responding to all those who asked, that yes, it was fixed and yes, we’ll send you a fresh copy did tend to make us think that they just might have done it... and though I and a few others expressed our doubts all along, there was still some slight hope.

23. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

what’s the end game here?, it’s done, my replacements are at the charity shop in the window, win win?, it is still a wonderful sound baring 1 second ( what a great album ) , I’m butting out all the best.

24. PrinceofSE10

PrinceofSE10 New Member

Hi all,

I've just signed-up after reading this thread over the last few months. I've been toying with subscribing to this series since I saw Abbey Road in my local newsagent in April(?). Anyway, I've been a bit busy and procrastinating away so am now going to make a choice.... to do it or not.

I've obviously seen various mails for and against on here, but I would like your opinions.

To give you a bit of background to my level of collecting, I have both stereo and mono vinyl and CD boxsets and a growing collection of original and interesting pressings, from an ex+ fourth proof to an original Indian Revolver to a terrible condition Uruguan Beatles for Sale. So I have everything in every format. And I think I have 14 vinyl copies of Pepper.

But something is drawing me towards buying this series....

So, for fear of questions of my sanity, please give me your opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

25. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

well, we are at 100 pages of whining now. may as well carry on.

I'm 100% happy with everything I have received.

grimble and fabwill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.