De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member Thread Starter

Not a stupid question at all. Others have asked something very similar and there was a thread on 'pre-echo.' :) Could be one of a few reasons and print through on magnetic tape does occur. Likely it's something to do with the cut of the record. What track is it you're hearing it on? I'll look out for it when I get mine.

2. OneStepBeyond

That's what I was thinking. I have PPM, WTB & MMTn their stereo 2012 LP reissues and very nice (if not early) copies of others, so I'm not fussed about too many of the original albums. But I'd really like the BBC and Past Masters sets. The 'gifts' are no incentive for me to subscribe.

Man at C&A likes this.
  3. Jack932102

Jack932102 Active Member

You never give me your money.

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  4. OneStepBeyond

:D I almost responded to that with the next line, until I looked at my quote above... That's what this forum does to you! :shh:

Seriously, thank you for the reply and I'm sure others will post that whether or not their copy has the same thing occurring.

5. Just bought issue 1 from the local newsagent (Wakering, Essex) and ordered the next one. Obviously I haven't learned a thing after years of disappointment and being ripped off with similar offers, as to me it looks Fab and I'm quite excited about it all. One day I'll learn.

NumberEight likes this.
  6. correctodad

correctodad Forum Resident

Spotted one copy of Abbey Road in a nearby newsagents this morning so obviously grabbed it. I have to say that the vinyl is perfectly flat, silent and plays beautifully. But then I never had any problems with the quality of the DeAgostini Jazz on 33 series either - just with their customer service.
    I won't be buying any more of this series but am well pleased with the purchase I did make.

Man at C&A likes this.
  7. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

By the standards of this forum my Beatles collection is modest, possibly even kept to a sane level. To most people it would be obsessive! I have a full set of original UK 45s, LPs and EPs as well as the vinyl mono box. My originals are a mix of mono & stereo and are mostly in a strong VG condition with no major faults. The mono box was irresistible, the best music purchase I've made as well as the most expensive.

The only ones I don't have on vinyl are the Beatles On Air because it's so expensive, the new Hollywood Bowl because the cover is so bad! as well as the ones I don't have enough interest in (Love, Let It Be... Naked (awful title), 1 & Yellow Submarine songtrack).

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  8. James H.

James H. Forum Resident

Instead of 'vinyl' or 'vinyls', just called them records. That's what we called them when I was a kid in the '70's. We had a record player not a vinyl player.

rxcory, mc7t, andrewskyDE and 7 others like this.
  9. enfield

enfield Forum Resident

10. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

How do you order the storage box, is there more than one ?

Where can you order these online and will they have all the apple labels on the vinyls ? I read it was endorsed by apple and universal as well.

Trying to find out abit more but not sure I can justify the expense as I already bought the stereo and mono boxes. How many have been released so far ?

11. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

I went into my local W H Smith and they do not know anything about it. So not sure if any retailers will be stocking.

Carl80 likes this.
  12. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

I saw a stack of Abbey Roads in a local newsagents this morning.

Carl80 likes this.
  13. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

So the first one is in the shops now ? I've just looked at the site to subscribe and it says one 1-5, will they send the first five if you subscribe ? Can you only get the boxes to store them by subscribing online ?

14. minibreakfast

I think subscribers get one package per month with two albums plus whichever gift is due. Am also pretty sure the boxes are sub only.

Carl80 likes this.
  15. PIGGIES

PIGGIES Forum Resident

Only available online here it seems:
    The Beatles Vinyl Collection

Carl80 likes this.
  16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

It's 'vinyl' or 'records'. Not 'vinyls', no plural.

17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I don't really see the point of this when you can just walk into any record shop and buy all the Beatles releases from the racks. You are hardly getting anything unique or very special.

The Jazz series they did was good as it was like an introduction and a curated record collection, so ideal for new Jazz fans or people newish to vinyl. Plus many of the titles were not dead common.

But for the Beatles it doesn't make much sense.

Daveymoore likes this.
  18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I've just looked at Abbey Road in WH Smith's and it comes with the storage box folded behind it.

19. minibreakfast

I think that's a binder for the magazines. The website says the "high quality" storage boxes for the LPs are for premium subscribers only.

Carl80 likes this.
  20. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Whats the sound quality like ?

21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Oh right, thanks. Should have thought the vinyl storage box would be too big for with the magazine in the shop, wonder if the storage boxes are of the same quality as stereo vinyl box, they look like it on the site.

22. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

There was a big pile of Abbey Road LPs in WHSmith Middlesbrough this morning.

23. OneStepBeyond

@Jack932102 I got my copy a couple of hours ago and have played it through. I had to crank it up to about 3x I'd normally play music but the 'pre-echo' before You Never Give Me Your Money is on my copy as well.

24. OneStepBeyond

I can't comment on that, due to the lack of 'quality' of my listening apparatus. :shh:

But as another poster noted earlier on in the thread, these are from the 2012 stereo remasters. Pressed in France by MPO.

Says it's the 2nd in the series but that was before the new relaunch.

The Beatles - Abbey Road

And the 2012:

The Beatles - Abbey Road (pressed at Optimal, Germany.)

MPO

So, the quality should be equal to the 2012 EU issues. Anyone have both and can verify... or not? Hope this helps. :)

Maidenpriest likes this.
  25. culabula

culabula Unread author.

As I already have Abbey Road and The Beatles, I can assure you that a dark green Apple label appears on these (as it did in 2012).

Carl80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.