Dead & Company: The Grateful Dead Is Resurrected (Again), This Time With John Mayer *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Aug 5, 2015.

1. sami

sami Mono still rules

Missed out on what?

2. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

The thing that we had to start

Dennis0675 and US Blues like this.
  3. sami

sami Mono still rules

Oh.

US Blues likes this.
  4. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

5. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

IWT. Nice encore. Bobby's amp broke during the China > Rider transition jam so Jerry, Brent, and Phil had time to play- a highlight of the evening.

Crispy Rob, adamos, bzfgt and 5 others like this.
  6. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

First Row Loge Center Right for 12/30:)

7. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

[​IMG]

Ten minute warning

ianuaditis, sami and Doggiedogma like this.
  8. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Why fire up the old machine for just four shows?

sami, Dennis0675 and Doggiedogma like this.
  9. Bart

Bart Forum Resident

I know -- that hardly seems a "run!" I may meet New York and Philly friends for a MSG show anyway. I missed this summer's show (not really into driving to Gillette Stadium and dealing with it) so maybe . . .

budwhite likes this.
  10. Bart

Bart Forum Resident

I've never seen DSO, and my standard response is 'I don't do tribute bands.' But obviously they have quite a following . . .

Dahabenzapple likes this.
  11. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

JRAD from Lock'n was streamed free last night on Relix but I wasn't home for it.

Bob & Wolf Brothers streaming free on Sunday.

sami, budwhite and Dennis0675 like this.
  12. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

I said the same thing about all Dead cover bands until I actually started going. 2 years later and it’s as exciting as ever. WAY better than I thought with all the bands including Phil’s bands, JRAD, Dark Star and a couple of excellent more local bands.

I’m considering Grateful Shred at Brooklyn Bowl in early November. Strong reputation and the video clips sound/look great.

US Blues, budwhite and Dennis0675 like this.
  13. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

If you're on Long Island, there's a free show at Jones Beach on 8/31 by Half Step...always a good time!

I was in the ticket queue for MSG earlier and the cheapest I saw were $200 a seat before fees. I just can't do it, I paid less than $30 a ticket for field level both nights at Citi Field in 2017 (probably cheap because they couldn't sell out two stadium shows).

guppy270 likes this.
  14. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I’d say it’s a tune up for the January shows in Mexico. To go into that without having played together since the first week of July might be a bad idea, too much rust. I do hold out some hope for a similar “run” on the west coast that would include NYE.

ianuaditis, sami and budwhite like this.
  15. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

ianuaditis, sami and RayS like this.
  16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

[​IMG]

I won’t be able to tune in for this but it looks like a good time. I’m hoping the Melvin today at 2:45 is on the webcast.

budwhite, sami and JuanTCB like this.
  17. guppy270

guppy270 Forum Resident

The situation with trying to buy tickets to MSG this morning was absolutely ridiculous.

Tix go on sale at 10:00 EST. I was in the queue. At 10:20 I'm finally put through, and am shown that only verified resellers tickets are left, and they are between $250-600. Same thing for Friday, except there were some $1200 tix for that one.

It should be illegal. And which genius decided to put Dead at MSG tickets on sale at the exact same time Phish at Nassau tickets went on sale??

ianuaditis and sami like this.
  18. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

The whole thing - from pre-sale through this morning - was a total joke.

My favorite bit was selecting a seat, getting the "someone else grabbed it message", and then seeing the same seat onsale again 30 seconds later. What a sh*tshow.

19. sami

sami Mono still rules

I watched the first set, first time I've seen them. Really good stuff, I need to find the second set, hopefully on YouTube.

US Blues, budwhite and RayS like this.
  20. sami

sami Mono still rules

Definitely up for the Oteil show. Might be a weather delay at the moment out there.

[​IMG]

Dennis0675 likes this.
  21. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

The entire ticketing industry is a disaster for fans. I’ll not get on my soapbox here but the ticketing company is organized to scalp their own tickets and charge you a fee to do so.

I love dead and co. And I do enjoy a large production but at the end of the day going to see the “tribute” bands is the better option for me. $50 for a ga ticket you can buy the day of the show, venues that were built for music, beer that doesn’t cost $15 and you can walk right up to the front anytime you want. All in, a night of Dead and Co. can cost over $1,000 and is a huge amount of effort/stress. It hard to choose that over two nonstop tickets to Colorado for a theatre show in boulder.

But really....it’s the frustration of buying tickets on the front end I can’t support. It’s like standing in line to get mugged.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  22. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Bob with a reggea band should be right up his alley 2019

ianuaditis, sami and Dennis0675 like this.
  23. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

You should get in on that Jason Isbell set on Sunday.

sami likes this.
  24. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I can’t even imagine. He is really bad about learning other people’s songs so it has to be all Dead songs with a reggae band.

ianuaditis and budwhite like this.
  25. sami

sami Mono still rules

Absolutely. Cheapest seats I saw were $220 for nosebleeds. C'mon man, as much as I like D&C, it's just not worth that kind of scratch. We paid $45 for lawn seats this summer (before the ridiculous fees), but by the time we parked and bought concessions, it was a $250-300 night. I'd do that again because it was a great time, but the Garden would be pushing $1000 when all is said and done. Not a chance.

Dennis0675 likes this.