Dead & Company: The Grateful Dead Is Resurrected (Again), This Time With John Mayer *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Aug 5, 2015.

1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Far easier to sell 2 than 3, I bet she agrees.

2. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

LOL. I do the same thing. I started listening to them in late ‘86.
    I went to both ‘17 Wrigley shows. Pretty sure I got my (upper level) tickets on Stubhub. I can’t remember what they cost, but I’m sure it was under $100. It’s such a shame what has happened to the concert industry (and everything else - at least for the customers).

Guy Smiley likes this.
  3. Old Fart At Play

I bought a pit ticket on Stubhub and didn’t realize until it was transferred to me that it was a VIP ticket. It was kind of unclear as to whether it included VIP parking or not. But it said the VIP early admission to the lots started at 3:30, and you had to be checked in, inside the venue by 4:30 in order to participate in the lottery for first admission into the pit (which actually ended up not happening until 5:30…). I got there shortly after 3:30 and there was already a substantial line. I saw that premium parking sign, and it was unclear as to whether that was the VIP parking, so I just said “screw it” and stayed in the general admission line I was in. It said $20, but when I pulled in, they were just waving people in. No money charged.

The VIP experience was a bit messy, too, but ultimately was handled well after they finally got their act together. I was sweating it a little because I spent a fair amount on the ticket and drove six hours to get there, knowing it was my one and only shot to ever get a good spot at a Dead & Co. show.

Guy Smiley likes this.
  4. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

I streamed phoenix, was not impressed.

5. Old Fart At Play

Have you been impressed by anything? Ever?

jv66, Don Lucho, mikestar and 7 others like this.
  6. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

it was no different than any other DCo show.
    some life during set 2 thats it.

7. Jerfan13

Jerfan13 Makes wrinkles advertised as creases

I’m enjoying 5/30 quite a bit. Pretty fun Wheel…who knew? Warming up the couch for tonight.

adamos and Sean7777 like this.
  8. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

Has anyone here actually used cashortrade.org before?

I like it in theory, but you have to “Commit to Buy” with the seller, and they can apparently be entertaining multiple offers.

Also, if you’re interested in more than one offer (No guarantee the person I inquired with will sell to me) it appears I’d have to “commit to buy” with more than one seller? I could end up with/have to pay for multiple tickets I don’t want.

So I have one pending offer to buy, but there’s another, better one that just popped up. I have to wait on this other person to respond (Oh, if I want faster responses I can upgrade to a “Gold” - paid, natch - membership) or I may never hear back/seller may choose someone else.

So I take my chances, waiting, and potentially lose out on other offers as I can’t “commit” to multiple offers and hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Why can’t I just buy on the spot, like eBay or something? Anyone have some helpful tips?

9. Guy Smiley

Sorry for replying to myself, but after sending them an email I found the FAQ. You can rescind before an offer’s accepted, but once it is accepted you’re stuck. Of course, they are more than happy to then have you turn around sell your ticket through them. Huzzah.

Roll of the dice… Either my offer doesn’t get accepted, or I try for more than one and potentially get saddled with an extra I have to sell or eat. Almost makes we want to just go with Stubhub. Almost.

10. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Got pit tix for Philly for $250 including all fees today on TM. No complaints. Last year we were on the rail with those tix without much effort. Sure I'm not following a tour at those prices, but for one show I'm happy.

adamos, Old Fart At Play and Sean7777 like this.
  11. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I’ve used it. It’s the best site for buying and selling tickets imho. Most people respond quickly, the app notifies someone the moment they have an offer/ commit to buy. You can see if there are already multiple offers on a ticket. Put a request in and you will get an alert every time a ticket pops up for sale

12. Jerfan13

Bobby wearing a Jerry shirt tonight…never seen that. Cool shirt too….72 era Jer driving a car, taken from passenger side.

Jam > Helena Bouquet

13. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

volvo! P1800
    [​IMG]

14. Jerfan13

That was a very enjoyable 1st set.

adamos and fishcane like this.
  15. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

@Guy Smiley I’ve also bought and sold tickets on CashOrTrade several times and it’s always gone smoothly overall.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    fishcane likes this.
  16. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

all the hot models waving and dancing in the front, Weir still has it

17. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Star Lake setlist looks meh on paper…….(aside from “Viola Lee Blues”).

18. Guy Smiley

Thanks for the comments, all. Haven’t scored Wriglry tix yet. I guess the problem, as I see it with cashortrade.org, is no option just buy the tickets flat out if you want ‘em. You put in a “commit” with everyone else, and you might be one of 90 offers to buy. What’s the point? So dozens of people commit, but walk away emptyhanded.

Also, some people are selling for both nights in one listing. If you only want one of the nights, you’re screwed because there’s no option to buy just the one night you want. You’d have to commit to both.

I’ll keep on it, but I may end up with one of the ripoff sites just because I can buy immediately and be done.

19. Jerfan13

I’ve read a couple comments about undercover cops busting people in the lawn, for smoking weed, which seems like stepping back in time. That’s why I was on the couch and not 3hrs away, in godforesaken Pennsylvania.

20. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Just put in a request and select to receive alerts. You will be notified every time a ticket to that show is offered. The closer to the show, the more frequently you will get alerts, if you see one that interests you, commit right away and they will get an alert also. I’ve never had someone dilly dally and wait for other offers. Selling in the past, I sell to the first person to respond

US Blues and adamos like this.
  21. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

The thing to remember is that it’s not actually a purchasing site; it’s a community marketplace that lets potential buyers and sellers connect and make a deal without having to pay excessive fees. And so there needs to be an extra step to allow both sides to agree and then complete the transaction. It’s not perfect and for something highly sought after there can be a lot of competition. So it may or may not work out for you in this specific situation but on the whole it’s a decent alternative. Anyway hopefully you’ll find a ticket on one of these sites and get to attend.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Guy Smiley, RayS and fishcane like this.
  22. Jerfan13

Seems like the parking lots actually closed last night, keeping a lot of ticketed people from going in? Is that really possible?

Atl and Charlotte had issues…Virginia was a clusterF@ck…and now Star Lake doesn’t count on housing a sold out show?!!? My couch tour gig seems waaaay better.

Doggiedogma and Holler Wanderer like this.
  23. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

Bristow parking was fine if you arrived early enough. We had a great time.

24. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

the tempos were a bit faster with billy.

25. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Sometimes so, sometimes not