Dead & Company: The Grateful Dead Is Resurrected (Again), This Time With John Mayer *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Aug 5, 2015.

1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

budwhite, Claxton and Dennis0675 like this.
  2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Did this stream go in the ditch after Bertha for anyone else? I was watching the YouTube stream and now it’s over. Damn shame, it was hot.

3. RayS

They shut off YouTube after 2 songs. If you go to relix.com you can continue. Oteil just sang a couple - Althea and Fire on the Mountain.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  4. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Thanks! I found it on their fb page, that linkyou posted above wouldn’t load for me. Very hot set.

RayS likes this.
  5. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

They're never gonna let you into the venue with all that important info scribbled out of your ticket.

;)

6. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Just got this email:

[​IMG]
    Well, I'll be! We're kicking off the year with some big news on behalf of our brethren Dead & Company. Over the next two months, we'll be truckin' along with the Dead & Company Digital Concert Series featuring all 19 complete shows from the group’s Fall/Winter 2017-18 tour. The series begins today with the release of all three of the original “Playing In The Sand” shows that were recorded February 15, 17, and 18, 2018, in advance of the second annual “Playing In The Sand” all-inclusive concert vacation in Riviera Maya, Mexico next weekend. The band will release two more complete live shows digitally every week.
    Live audio for these recordings was mixed and remastered by Dead & Company’s Front of House Engineer, Derek Featherstone, and the band’s Recording Engineer, Ross Harris. Longtime Grateful Dead family member and Tales From The Golden Road host Gary Lambert will be serving up show notes right over yonder.
    Listen now and when you want: all shows will be available on all digital download and streaming services.
    Have to have hi-def? Download Apple Lossless and FLAC at Dead.net.

Coltrane811 and Dennis0675 like this.
  7. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I subscribe to nugs.net streaming service, it looks like it is that content they are giving away.

8. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I hope they actually get an artist page up on Spotify. Those first three Playing in the Sand releases are on there, but kinda hard to find. Nothing comes up if you search either "Dead & Company" or "Dead and Company", you have search specifically for "Playing in the Sand" and scroll down to the Albums category. Hope they fix that moving forward to make it easier to find.

9. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

Those three shows at now on iTunes...

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  10. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Also listed on Tidal; also a pain in the butt to find by searching on Dead & Company.

ianuaditis and GuidedByJonO))) like this.
  11. Ellsworth

Ellsworth Forum Resident

I have bought a few shows from bugs.net but wasn't really thrilled with the sound quality. They are fine for the car but not on the big rig. I wonder if these are any different or the same as what has previously been available.

12. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

The email uses the word "remastered". Whether that actually happened is another question.

13. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

This not my experience at all. I have the HQ streaming subscription and it sounds stunning, I believe it is hi-res MQA. I actually can’t play the subscription in my car because the cellular network isn’t strong enough for the files, it only buffers. All other artists come through just fine ( and sound good).

If I’m around this weekend I will likely pay to watch the webcast from Mexico. Although last time that was bug.net and the refunded my money.

14. MonkeyMan

I'll be down there at those shows. Look for the guy crawling out of a watermelon front and center.

JuanTCB, budwhite, adamos and 4 others like this.
  15. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

SOB!! I'd love to but it's too rich for my blood, I ran the numbers and It was going to be a very big number for a couple. Like enough money to go to Europe for a couple weeks. It may very well be worth it, it certainly looks amazing but after so many years of going to shows its tough keep throwing money at it. Have a great time and post some pic's here if you can.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  16. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

When you guys are typing bug.net or bugs.net, are you really meaning nugs.net or nugs.tv? Just checking.

17. MonkeyMan

We're watching the sound check right now they're playing H.C. Sunshine, and now New Speedway

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    adamos, Dennis0675, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  18. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

19. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

$30 for single show. :biglaugh:

20. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Cheaper than a trip to mexico.

21. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Also, that is the going rate for HD steaming. Phish is $40 if you stream 4K. Also, I was in Manhattan last weekend and paid $25 for cocktails. Welcome to 2019.

BayingRidges, wavethatflag and RayS like this.
  22. RayS

With popcorn and gasoline, that's about the price of the movies for me. Live Dead (and Co.) > Comic Book Franchise Sequel, any day :)

BayingRidges, Claxton and Dennis0675 like this.
  23. In the 60's live internet streams cost .25 cents!

24. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

Yes, but the internet streams of today are 10 to 25 times MORE POTENT than the streams we had in the 60's and 70's...so do take careful precautions.

25. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!