Dead To Me

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Girlpower, May 16, 2019.

1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

She's a cutey. I've always liked her since Freaks & Geeks.

Scowl likes this.
  2. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I looked up her bio to get a handle of who she was, as I knew I had seen her somewhere, and it turns out I recognized her as the waitress that Heath Ledger's character dates near the end of Brokeback Mountain.

rcsrich and GodShifter like this.
  3. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

I'm too scared to watch season 2! I haven't started yet but I accidentally went to this section of the forum and this was the first thread right now, so I saw you guys talking-I guess I should start watching this week. Season 1 had some of the best twists - they fooled me so bad. I jumped out of my seat on some moments. Great season 1.

GodShifter likes this.
  4. George Co-Stanza

Going back through this thread now that I am caught up, I totally agree with the below.

At some point, I stopped being fazed by those moments as I knew they were total cheap fake-outs, intended to build those 3 seconds of suspense and all for nothing. I agree that they should chuck those in the garbage can.

5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Oh my yes. I have been crazy about her since MAD MEN. Hubba hubba.

6. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

We blazed through season 2. Highly entertaining even with a goofy “Desperate Housewives”-style plot twist or two. It’s so good you just can’t help but totally suspend reality and enjoy the ride. That’s good escapism right there, just what I need.

dan c

rcsrich likes this.
  7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Cardellini is in “Bloodline”, too. She looks very good in that and does a great job of acting.

8. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Agreed. I’m up to ep 4 now. Love the chemistry between the two. Not really excited about the dead body disposal trauma.

9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I first saw her as the wife in the Green Book a couple of years ago and was really taken by her.

George Co-Stanza and George P like this.
  10. George P

George P Notable Member

Loved her in Freaks and Geeks.

Scowl, AngusStanley and chacha like this.
  11. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

I was wrong about them making a 2nd series. Glad they have. Enjoying it just as much as the first. Some marvellous giggles too.

12. George Co-Stanza

I caught that on cable this week. Enjoyable movie. I really liked her look in that film.

13. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

We finished up Season Two last night and while I enjoyed it I thought it was nowhere near as good as the first. The F-bombs were out of control and it just wasn't very well plotted or written IMHO. Too many distractions like the lesbian lover and the identical brother that just didn't pay off their screen time.

GodShifter likes this.
  14. George Co-Stanza

I thought the identical brother plot was a bit too contrived, especially with him being the one that hit them in the car at the end, but I still like everything else enough. I thought they did a good job with the lesbian girlfriend, as it was treated like it was normal and no big deal, instead of making it this big reveal, which is the way it should be. Plus, Judy is so desperate for love and acceptance that it's not shocking that she would open to love from a man or a woman.

chacha and GodShifter like this.
  15. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Reportedly canceled, now we'll never know...

16. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I read that season 3 will be their last so one more season to wrap things up.

17. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

That’s probably wise. It’s a good show, but the premise can only be taken so far. The introduction of the twin was a bit of an eye roll.

18. Andy Smith

Yeah, I did actually roll my eyes - then thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the series :)

19. George Co-Stanza

Yep, the intro of the twin, as well as the very end of Season 2, was pretty darn contrived (feels like I've said that already, lol), but it's still highly entertaining.

Scowl, GodShifter and Andy Smith like this.
  20. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Reopened by request.

George P likes this.
  21. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

This time, really, honest.

George P and George Co-Stanza like this.
  22. George Co-Stanza

Thanks for the reopen!

The 3rd and final season drops on Netflix next week. I will need their recap to remember exactly where the story is lol, but I liked the first two seasons enough to where I am excited for this last one.

Double E and Andy Smith like this.
  23. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

Sadly Christina Applegate has some serious health issues and can‘t barely walk. It‘ll be interesting to see how this works out in the upcoming season.

Double E likes this.
  24. Andy Smith

....is exactly what I said to my daughter.

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  25. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Great series - we'll be watching the 3rd season.