Deadwood Coming back!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mazzy, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

by the end of season 3, my opinion on who was "nasty" and who wasn't changed quite a bit!

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Season 1 over: my opinion of Al Swearengen hasn't changed but now he's surrounded by characters who are just as bad if not worse...I wouldn't last five minutes in that world. I fully expect Seth Bullock to go full out postal at some point, whether he recovers from his HULK like rage or not I don't know, dude has serious anger management issues.

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Season 2, ep. 1 is insane!;)

Deuce66 likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Part of what makes this show so good is that most of the characters are quite nuanced. The good characters have their bad aspects, and the bad characters have their redeeming aspects. There are some exceptions, but they are exceptions.

Deuce66 and Dave Hoos like this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this is exactly how i felt when i was at this point the first time. better hold on tight for the rest of the ride!

GodShifter and Deuce66 like this.
  6. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I watched Deadwood over 10 years ago (renting each DVD from Blockbuster), but only recently gave it another viewing. I loved it the 1st time but was left depressed from all the murder and human agony. The dark impression it made on me kept me from watching it again - even though I thought it was as good as The Wire (my other favorite drama).

This time around I am savoring every bit of dialog and acting. Especially Ian McShane...and Ralph Richeson (Richardson) for some reason. He's hilarious. Too bad he won't be in the new movie.

Can't wait for the new movie, or updates.

Dave Hoos likes this.
  7. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Got an issue? See Alice...

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Nuanced as a neurosurgeons' scalpel, subtle as a 5 pound sledgehammer between the eyes. No shortage of jaw dropping moments, if people spoke like this in 2018 :laugh:.

Dave Hoos and asdf35 like this.
  9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

First look at the movie!!!!

'Deadwood' movie exclusive first photos revealed: Ian McShane, Timothy Olyphant return

Rise and shine hoopleheads! EW has the first photos from HBO’s long, long, long-awaited Deadwood movie. Below are shots of Ian McShane reprising his role as Al Swearengen and Timothy Olyphant back as Seth Bullock.

It’s a revelation 12 years in the making, as that’s how long Deadwood fans have waited for something new from the acclaimed Emmy-winning Western drama that was axed after three seasons in 2006 and now, against all odds, is being revived for a feature-length movie with the original cast.

First, here is Swearengen, back at his Gem Theater bar, looking no worse for the ages, giving his deadly dark-eyed stare:

[​IMG]

And here’s Bullock on the streets of Deadwood. Bullock has done quite well for himself; he’s now a U.S. Marshal (and sports a dapper grey-ish ‘stash):

[​IMG]

The rest of the core cast is back on board as well, including Molly Parker (Alma Ellsworth), Paula Malcomson (Trixie), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Anna Gunn (Martha Bullock), Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter), Brad Dourif (Doc Cochran), Robin Weigert (“Calamity” Jane Canary), William Sanderson (E.B. Farnum), Kim Dickens (Joanie Stubbs) and Gerald McRaney (George Hearst). There’s also a new castmember played by Jade Pettyjohn (Destroyer). The script is by series creator David Milch.

AmosM, x2zero, GodShifter and 7 others like this.
  10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Now that's what I wanted to hear.

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

and it looks like the whole team is back including Darth Vader (Hearst).....:righton: I can't wait to see this

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Ian McShane looks a perpetual 55/65. Olyphant has aged a good 20 years.

Ghostworld and Dave Hoos like this.
  13. alexpop

Link ? Darn cookie thing.

14. alexpop

Wonder if there'll be outdoor location scenery filming. Makes sense on the big screen, may come off a tad Hateful 8 otherwise visually.

15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Olyphant was 38 when the series ended, he's 50 now so yeah it's not surprising to see the added years especially in the world of the late 1800's, McShane was 64 now 76 looking a little more weathered.

alexpop likes this.
  16. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

I hope Dan, Johnny and Tom Nuttall are back too.

asdf35 likes this.
  17. Dave Hoos

He looks great for 76.

alexpop likes this.
  18. alexpop

A boyish 38 I may add.

19. alexpop

Looks younger than Robert De Niro.

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

asdf35 and Dave Hoos like this.
  21. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Nice! Do they have a projected airdate for this yet? I hoping for no later than this Fall.

Woulda been a cool in-joke if Timothy was wearing the hat he wore in the final episode of Justified (or even the trademark hat he wore the rest of the show). Although that hat in the above photo looks like the hat from the last episode except it is the wrong color.

GodShifter and Dave Hoos like this.
  22. Dave Hoos

Ghostworld and alexpop like this.
  23. alexpop

Mr.Wu ....CS .:D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Ghostworld, slipkid and Dave Hoos like this.
  24. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

I have the complete BD series but haven't opened it yet. Am I going to have to clear a few days once I start?

25. Dave Hoos

Yes. Yes you are.

marmalade166 and MrSka57 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.