Deadwood Coming back!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mazzy, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that'll be cool...

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I agree. Why not? Everyone involved is busy working, but not a super-booked superstars. But i’m happy with just one movie to tie it up...sorta

3. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I liked both of them, but remember almost nothing from SB (need to see it again someday). LS was very memorable to me though.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The TV series complete DVD box ( not region 2 Blu Ray) is well worth a revisit. Endearing characters even with fireball expletives at the drop of a hat, cs. :)

slipkid, Dave Hoos and Ghostworld like this.
  5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Creative expletives, too.

Dave Hoos and alexpop like this.
  6. alexpop

Inspired indeed. Swearing was part of the Wild West survival kit.

Dave Hoos likes this.
  7. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

Hd.....

...fW.

8. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

The design of it is pretty cool too. As much as I do not like discs in sleeves because of scuffs/scratches it is really neat the way it is like a book, each page has photos of the characters along with various colorful quotes etc, and it has a weathered look to it like it did come from the old west. I put halfmoon protective sleeves around the discs but I'm afraid that has expanded and put pressure on the spine of the thing but oh well (maybe I should just take all the discs out and put them on a spindle, but I'm too lazy).

Anyway let's see if some of these quotes can get past the forum censor software with some creative spelling..

"Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek" - Al Swearengen

"Cocksocka!" - Mr. Wu

"Can you let me go to hell the way I want to?" - Wild Bill Hickok

"It's no picnic is it, honey, runnin' puszy?" - Cy Tolliver

"When I say fuk yourself Sheriff will you put that down to drunkenness or a high estimate of your athleticism?" - George Hearst

"Every day takes figuring out all over again how to fukin live" - Calamity Jane

"Leave your demons to God and trust your pain to me." - Doc Cochrane

"Puberty may bring you to understand what we take for mother-love is really murderous hatred and a desire for revenge." - E.B. Farnum

"I'm older and I'm much less friendly to fukin' change." - Dan Dority

9. Dave Hoos

You forgot...

"Get a fuqin' haircut. Looks like your mother fuqed a monkey." - Albert Swearengen.

"I am a sinner that does not expect forgiveness. But I am not a government official." - Francis Wolcott.

"Announcin' your plans is a good way to hear god laugh." - Albert Swearengen.

10. AmosM

AmosM Courtier to Queen Jane

Bullock looks more like a son of a bitc& than ever, still full of that self-righteous rage and certainty that bewildered Al. And now he’s in fancy federal duds with the power of the US government behind him. They both look fantastic. I can’t wait for this film.

marmalade166 and Dave Hoos like this.
  11. alexpop

TV movie.

12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Nice ones. I didn't see them just paging through the boxset though or I woulda posted 'em too!

Dave Hoos likes this.
  13. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I saw that years ago, I agree was pretty flat. ps amazon prime has tons of forgotten 70's films, you can go down a real rabbit hole

I think this is it.....especially if it ends in a final showdown (which im guessing it will, maybe al vs bullock...)

14. alexpop

Fans of s e X y b e a s t there's a prequel in the works, TV series with original cast of the original film.

15. AmosM

AmosM Courtier to Queen Jane

It’s David Milch. He doesn’t write TV movies.

Dave Hoos likes this.
  16. alexpop

HBO special listed as TV movie IMDb.

17. Dave Hoos

Yes, but it's a Deadwood TV movie. That's different.

18. Dave Hoos

There's so many. You could come up with a page just from one random episode. I don't think any other show can match it for dialogue.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's not TV, it's HBO. ;)

James Slattery likes this.
  20. alexpop

what if..I’m right. :) It’s listed as a TV movie.

Dave Hoos likes this.
  21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I finished my second viewing of this series last night and I agree with your sentiment. Without a doubt George Hearst wins the prize, I can find no redeeming quality in this character, none, he's a textbook psychopath in my opinion.

[​IMG]

22. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

For creative swearing, though, I’d give a slight edge to Veep.

23. Graham

Graham Senior Member

How can they make a prequel with the original cast 20 years later? Doesn’t make sense unless they CGI them, which would be worrying.

24. alexpop

The only one they would have a problem with is Ray Winstone.

25. Wasatch

Wasatch Music Lover!

Just finished watching this series a few weeks ago, funny ****, but had enough of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.