Deciding whether to keep my KEF LS50 Metas

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by dennis1077, Feb 3, 2022.

1. AmericanHIFI

AmericanHIFI Long live analog (and current digital).

LS50's, Meta or not, need room to breathe/open up, IME. Bass and soundscape size come to life. You may want to choose a different speaker that is better suited to your current venue compromise. I have a pair of Meta's and my wife loves them (they're hers).
    Driven by Arcam Solo (latest gen before being discontinued). I hope this helps.

2. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Since you live in an apartment you may want speakers with minimal bass output.
    The less bass the more hours in a day or night you may be able to listen to music and at a slightly higher volume level.

3. Same thing happened to me so I can totally relate.

I also bought a fairly expensive pair of Harbeth C7ES3 and loved what they did...only some of the time. My old Wharfedale TSR-110.2 just hit the pleasure points more often so after a few years of trying to make them work, I sold the Harbeths. I have done much work to these old Wharfedales to keep them relevant-rewired, recapped, tweeter upgrade, etc and I will state the Harbeths were the more quality product but at the end of the day, the C7ES3 just didn't convey enough of the emotional delivery as often as the TSR 110.2. The Wharfedales have their limitations but until something across the board better comes along, I'll stick with them.