Decware ZLC Impressions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DyersEve726, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DyersEve726

DyersEve726 Schmo Diggy Thread Starter

Well, after more work than seemed necessary to get a line conditioner working, I'm finally enjoying my investment. I had issues with it tripping breakers when first plugged in and my attempts eventually popped the internal fuses somehow. I got some fuses and advice from the Decware forums, crossed my fingers and tried again today. It tripped my breaker twice more, but stayed on the third. Apparently it can draw significant current when starting up so I had to remove everything from the circuit to get it going.

Got everything turned on and I put my ears up to each piece of gear in my rack...dead silence! I'm used to the squealing of high pitched transformer whine, which clued me in that I could probably use a conditioner.

Good start.

I've been listening now for probably two hours and I'm not sure how much is placebo, but I'm liking what I hear. Everything sounds a little cleaner, bass has a little more boogie, and I'm really enjoying myself listening to music for the first time in a while. I've been in a lull since the thrill of building my system has worn off. Never thought a line conditioner could be an exciting purchase. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I do hope they address the start up issues. I wasn't the only one to complain about it, but I have serial #19, so I'm assuming there will be future modifications. The six month wait time was also not my favorite. Overall, though, I'm impressed with how effectively it calmed my transformers and the apparent sound improvement. Oh, and it's a ****in brick. Must weigh like 30 pounds. Definitely feels like it will outlive me.

waterclocker, rischa and SandAndGlass like this.
  2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I have three Decware products and really like them and Decware.

Lonson and DyersEve726 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.