Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Decware ZP3

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lonson, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfsh00ter

Golfsh00ter Well-Known Member

I'm newer to the forum and thankful for your posts, they've been very helpful.

I just ordered a ZP3 (my wife doesn't know it yet but it's her Christmas present to me). :)

I'm considering changing the order to add the beeswax cap upgrade - do you have any experience with the beeswax caps in your ZP3's? I'm upgrading from a Hagerman Coronet 3 phono, which feeds into a Rouge Audio Cronos Magnum integrated with Wharfedale Jade 3 speakers (which tend to be sparkly but not fatiguing). Thanks -

beowulf likes this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson Just a Lucky So-and-so Thread Starter

I don't have personal experience with the beeswax caps in the Juptier. BUT I did add these caps to a very seasoned Torii Mk III amp and it was a definite positive step. One day I may have these added to my ZP3. . . . It sounds fantastic with the "stock" caps but others on the Decware forum had said the beeswax are an improvement. . . and I believe them.

beowulf likes this.
  3. Golfsh00ter

Thanks Lonson, I'm leaning towards the upgrade, I will let you all know how it works out when I eventually get my hands on the unit. Next system upgrade to consider is the Zen Mystery w, separate preamp... in a few years when my kids are out of college. One goes to Bradley in Peoria, 10 min down the road from Decware - I just may have to visit her more often!

Lonson likes this.
  4. Lonson

Lonson Just a Lucky So-and-so Thread Starter

Sounds like a plan!

5. attym

attym Forum Resident

I have a Decware ZP3 and it delivers the exact sound I was searching for. I use it in a solid state system and its extremely responsive to tube rolling. The two 12AX7 tubes (one input and one output) don't need to match. I use two Telefunken 12AX7 tubes and swap the 12AU7 buffer tube and that really changes the sound.
    I've been tempted to swap in the beeswax caps but I don't want to mess with something that is working so well... one day maybe. Its only two caps that need to be changed.
    I can confidently say that no matter what pieces I change in my system, the ZP3 won't be going anywhere.

IanL, beowulf, rischa and 1 other person like this.
  6. Golfsh00ter

That's good to hear - and I have some pretty sweet Mullard and Amperex tubes that I'm looking forward to rolling in after I establish a baseline with their factory tubes. Anticipation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.