Decware ZP3

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lonson, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfsh00ter

Golfsh00ter Well-Known Member

I'm newer to the forum and thankful for your posts, they've been very helpful.

I just ordered a ZP3 (my wife doesn't know it yet but it's her Christmas present to me). :)

I'm considering changing the order to add the beeswax cap upgrade - do you have any experience with the beeswax caps in your ZP3's? I'm upgrading from a Hagerman Coronet 3 phono, which feeds into a Rouge Audio Cronos Magnum integrated with Wharfedale Jade 3 speakers (which tend to be sparkly but not fatiguing). Thanks -

beowulf likes this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

I don't have personal experience with the beeswax caps in the Juptier. BUT I did add these caps to a very seasoned Torii Mk III amp and it was a definite positive step. One day I may have these added to my ZP3. . . . It sounds fantastic with the "stock" caps but others on the Decware forum had said the beeswax are an improvement. . . and I believe them.

beowulf likes this.
  3. Golfsh00ter

Thanks Lonson, I'm leaning towards the upgrade, I will let you all know how it works out when I eventually get my hands on the unit. Next system upgrade to consider is the Zen Mystery w, separate preamp... in a few years when my kids are out of college. One goes to Bradley in Peoria, 10 min down the road from Decware - I just may have to visit her more often!

Lonson likes this.
  4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

Sounds like a plan!

5. attym

attym Forum Resident

I have a Decware ZP3 and it delivers the exact sound I was searching for. I use it in a solid state system and its extremely responsive to tube rolling. The two 12AX7 tubes (one input and one output) don't need to match. I use two Telefunken 12AX7 tubes and swap the 12AU7 buffer tube and that really changes the sound.
    I've been tempted to swap in the beeswax caps but I don't want to mess with something that is working so well... one day maybe. Its only two caps that need to be changed.
    I can confidently say that no matter what pieces I change in my system, the ZP3 won't be going anywhere.

IanL, beowulf, rischa and 1 other person like this.
  6. Golfsh00ter

That's good to hear - and I have some pretty sweet Mullard and Amperex tubes that I'm looking forward to rolling in after I establish a baseline with their factory tubes. Anticipation...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.