Decware's news & developments

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by beowulf, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

Get 10% off and pray your still alive in 2025 when your amp is ready!! LOL

jfine, SandAndGlass and Oddiofyl like this.
  2. Considering their backlog I’m kinda surprised they’d do a coupon like this. Do they really need to drive additional sales above and beyond what they’re already getting, at a 10% discount no less?

SandAndGlass and Oddiofyl like this.
  3. brubacca

brubacca Forum Resident

1950 on the amp list. 10 amps a week approximately. 195 weeks. Look at between 3 to 4 years to get your amp. I'll be generous and say if you order tomorrow you are looking at an amp in 2026.

I'm on that list, but Damn.

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm on the list too. People who just got their stuff seem to have spent 15 to 17 months before getting their components. I had two orders, one from 10/21 and one from 5/22 and I canceled 5/22 which was for the 300B and moved that 300B to the 10/21. I should get the fifth 300B, right behind a "Johnathon K" who may be here too. Those "numbers" may well change, people may change from another amp to the 300B that have older orders in the queue. I think I may have an amp in about 6 months. That would be great.

People can do all sorts of "voodoo economics" and math to come up with how long these will take, Steve says 1.5 to 2 years currently; I believe his estimations more than those of others. People will get on the list, drop off the list, Decware will make further improvements to get the wait shorter but. . . I personally think these are worth waiting for, always have been for me, and people can decide to get on the list or get something else (or both, as some do). The only fault that Steve has is that he put a few items out there for review--and good words spread and attracted customers. He doesn't have to become Peachtree Audio or Pass Audio if he doesn't want to, and I don't think he is going to change his business model. Nor is he going to stop exploring and discovering and designing new products and new modifications to the old products. I've been a customer over 25 years and in that time I tried a few other manufacturers. . . and sold those items. . . for me this is the deal, and worth the wait.

And in the meantime there will be on this thread inaccurate information, misunderstandings of what Steve says and does, snide remarks, silly attempts at humor, severely redundant comments. I'm really looking forward to the 300B "Sarah" (though I might rename it!)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    bloodlemons likes this.
  5. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Despite mathematical guesstimates, you have to admit that they have an incredibly long que!

It is very unusual for a company, as specially a small manufacturer, to have a que this long and then to turn around and offer a coupon?

I would say that it goes beyond unusual to the realm of very bizarre!

Shawn and Oddiofyl like this.
  6. Lonson

They have been doing a coupon this time of year for many years. In several ways this is a company that follows tradition. I don't find it very bizarre at all to be honest.

bloodlemons likes this.
  7. jfine

jfine Forum Resident

+1,000,000

8. YouCantWin

YouCantWin Lacking in Some Direction

There’s no question that the list is long, but like I’ve said before, I knew what I was getting into when I placed my order. I suppose the alternative would be to not take orders until they get caught up, which would be annoying in a different way.

As a point of comparison, I’m also currently on the waiting list for the Analog Man King of Tone guitar pedal. They’re currently filling orders from January 2018. King Of Tone Waiting List

bloodlemons and Lonson like this.
  9. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

You have a lot of patience....

10. YouCantWin

YouCantWin Lacking in Some Direction

I suppose if I didn’t, I’d buy something else instead.

11. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

Yeah, that's the problem with niche products... but hopefully they both are worth the wait.

12. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I'm about 75 down from the top of the list and I put my order in 07/2022. I still have enough time to move my Klipsch Epic CF3s into my mancave.

SandAndGlass and Lonson like this.
  13. Leao

Leao Forum Resident

Not possible if your order is from 7/22. More like 1500 or so.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  14. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

These amps just aren't worth the wait and hassle. I owned one. There's nothing wrong with the product but the company is so badly mismanaged you're truly much better off just buying something nice from a real company with the ability to manufacture and service product in a reasonable timeframe.

Billion$Baby, jfine and Oddiofyl like this.
  15. Lonson

Perhaps it's a typo and 7/2021 is the correct date.

fmfxray373 likes this.
  16. Lonson

Wow. Not my experience at all. Even if I could pay three times as much I think I'd prefer to have a Decware component. I've completely bonded with those I have owned the last five years, just dream playback for me. We're all different.

17. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Oh sorry it was 7/2021.

Lonson likes this.
  18. brubacca

brubacca Forum Resident

They have moved 524 people off the queue since I got in 9 months. Not voodoo I look at it every couple of weeks and keep a log as to my position. So more than I said in my original post, but still only about 58 per month. Its a long wait. They are moving about 700 queue positions a year.

19. Lonson

Okay. I believe Steve when he says it will be 1.5 to 2 years.

20. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

When I was buying my Decware gear, I always made sure I placed my order before the Black Friday coupon came out. It's nice to save money, but it's even nicer to listen to music through great gear.

Lonson likes this.