Decware's news & developments

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by beowulf, Apr 22, 2015.

1. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

I am aware of the wait but 100% certain that it is absolutely worth it.

Lonson and Melvin like this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Decware had a successful Black Friday sale . . . 81 new orders!

They are introducing a third interconnect type for sale. Steve Deckert writes:

t's true, we are introducing a new interconnect. The web page is done, the parts are here, I just have to add the cables to the main menus of the site.

These new cables should be well received since they fill a bit of a gap in our whopping two (now three) cable lineup.

While our Studio Grade cables are very stiff, these new cables are very flexible... almost as flexible and light weight as our Decware Silver Reference cables, except that these are shielded.

From a glance these new cables (model DAG) look like the studio grade (model DSG) cables... at least on the site pictures they do. In person, the diameter of the DAG is smaller, the color is warmer (orange under the sheath rather than black) and the sound is a touch more laid-back with nice textures and a more organic presentation.

[​IMG]

We have sold a lot of cables over the years and would (I'm sure) sell a lot more if they were priced higher. Most people in the market for the ultra hi-end sound potential of audiophile cables are looking for things priced with one more digit. This is because the retail cable market has lead everyone to believe that it takes 4 digits to create a worthy piece of cable. Of course this is a lie. Nevertheless, when someone researching, say interconnects that all cost a grand or more, comes across a cable (be it wholesale or not) priced around 5 times less, they wouldn't even consider trying it... it's just human nature.

There would be a lot more successes in this hobby if we could turn off things like; human nature, testosterone, gullibility.

DECWARE Studio Grade RCA Cables

Roger C, beowulf and james like this.
  3. james

james Summon The Queen

that's refreshing

Lonson likes this.
  4. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident Thread Starter

SandAndGlass, Ham Sandwich and Jtycho like this.
  5. Lonson

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

7. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

8. They are definitely their own beast!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  9. Lonson

Sorry, it was an unwelcome auto-correction of the yearly event Decware holds in E. Peoria called "DecFest."

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. SandAndGlass

Since, with traditional speakers, the cabinet has as much importance to the sound and frequency range, I just don't understand making a speaker with only a front baffle and no enclosure?

11. Hopefully in 2020 they’ll consider attending Axpona.

12. Lonson

I don't think they'll ever exhibit at those type of shows, or at least not in the near future. It's not a part of their business model or plan.

13. Too bad, their loss. I was in the market for a tube integrrated and would have given them serious consideration had they been at Axpoona a couple years ago for me to demo and see their offerings but instead went with someone else who did have a presence there.

14. Lonson

That's fine. Steve Deckert has slowly grown his business over 25 years and has arranged his life so that he can employ family members and friends and have the time to experiment and innovate and engineer and still control all aspects of his business. He's expanded a bit more the last few years to employ a few more persons to build, and he's really both perfected his original designs and come up with extraordinary new ones. His business is the size that he wants it to be, and he's following his business path and philosophy, he doesn't want to become a typical high end company. He wants to do what he loves and support his family and hobbies and he's accomplishing that and also bringing a lot of satisfaction to those who listen to his products.

I took a leap of faith after reading a few reviews 23 years ago and talking to him on the phone and bought the 27th amp he sold. I immediately noticed how different his product was from all other audio I had heard and the leap of faith was well-justified. I've followed his product line in the intervening years and have his amplification, pre-amplification and speakers exclusively in my systems, and have enjoyed excellent support that have included going above and beyond and being very generous to me as a customer. I don't attend audio shows and there are no audio stores near me, so I don't have an inclination or opportunity to do a lot of comparisons, but I envision sticking with Decware the rest of my listening life, I'm vey satisfied.

Dignan2000, Leigh, hi_watt and 4 others like this.
  15. attym

attym Forum Resident

The ZP3 Phono pre-amp is the one piece of equipment that I'll always have.

Roger C and SandAndGlass like this.
  16. Lonson

It's truly a great phono preamp. I'll likely have one again one day.

attym likes this.
  17. SandAndGlass

Note that the current build time for one of Steve's amplifier's is currently about 16-weeks (as mentioned in another ongoing thread).

It is also very costly to attend these shows and these shows are better reserved for higher volume products or expensive (I did not say necessarily better) products that usually have a lot more attention and expense dedicated the the case, knobs and other attributes.

Some feel that Steve's products have a D.I.Y. look that other professional amplifiers do not have and I can agree with that, but Steve seems to be more about build quality, sound quality, warranty and customer service, all at far more reasonable prices than some other more consumer orientated products.

Steve has developed and grown his company from scratch, doing things his way and it seems to be a very workable plan.

When you are a business, unless you are Disney, you can't be everything to everyone. In order to survive and make a profit for your efforts, you have to offer your goods and services to a particular market segment.

I have seen more small businesses fail trying to be all things to all people. Small businesses do not have the resources and the luxury to do that,

Mee too...

[​IMG]

18. Agree, although the thing is I called and would have driven to their shop to be able to listen to the model I was interested in but - at least at the time - was told it wasn't possible. I'm sure their equipment is really good, but I'm not going to plunk down $5K sound/sight unseen. Others are different, that's fine but it's not me.

19. Lonson

Don't know when that was, they now allow you to make an appointment to listen, and I know others who have done that more than a year ago.

Anyway it's a different type of company and market and I'm glad I took that chance years ago.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. It was 2 - 3 years ago, so glad to see there's a new option now.

Lonson likes this.
  21. Doesn’t Decware put in its own festival so that fans and prospective buyers can experience their equipment in person? It’s a pretty short drive for me and I’ve thought about going to visit a few times.

22. Lonson

Yes, you missed this year's which was 3 weeks ago. Next one is next October.

23. Lonson

Third annual Black Friday coupon from Decware

Save 10% on your entire on-line purchase!

BLACKFRIDAY3
    Valid ONLY from midnight on 11/28/19 to midnight on 11/29/19
    Offer applies to online purchases only.

To use the code, just type it into the coupon box of the shopping cart and hit re-calculate to see it applied to your total. NOTE: The code will only work during the specified 24 hour period. The clock is set by Eastern Standard Time Zone.

This is a one day only sale. Regrettably, since we have such a long waiting list for amplifiers it is impossible for us to apply this coupon to existing orders. If you have an item on order that we haven't pulled parts for yet, you can cancel it and place a new order on Black Friday with the coupon at the expense of losing your spot in line.

Also, of note - this is the second year we have had a 10% off everything sale on Black Friday. Last year we sold 81 amplifiers and or pairs of speakers during that 24 hour period. Our average build sheet ranges between 50 and 100 orders at any given time, with a 9 to12 week average wait. Last year our list was at about 80 prior to the sale. The next day it was at 160. That means that the people who used the coupon first thing in the morning had close to a 12 week wait, while people who used the coupon last thing that evening had a 22 week wait. All orders are entered by the date and time of day the order was placed.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  24. Lonson

25. SandAndGlass

beowulf, pscreed and Lonson like this.