Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I'll keep this thread informed on how it plays out. Looks like some others on here had a similar thing happen but I didn't see anyone post a resolution.

Mike6565 likes this.
  2. Reese

Reese Why did you say 'Burma'?

Use code TRICKRTREAT15 through Wednesday for 15% off. That's just creepy.

[​IMG]

3. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

thanks loaded up 7 more from the bargain bin for $50 shipped

joseph, blinded by the light, golden earring, 3 days condor, middle kids, tull, took a shot on the Nina for under $5...

we shall see!

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  4. Tjazz

Tjazz Music is my Mistress

5. granola

granola Forum Resident

Time to gobble up more deals at Deep Discount:

15% Off All Orders - Use Coupon Code: TURKEYDAY

"Coupon expires Saturday, November 30, 2019 at noon CT and cannot be combined with any other offers."

PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
  6. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Forum Resident

Thanks all in here I ordered the mudhoney live one which I didn't realize was alive record until stated in this discussion just got it I'm loving it really cool thank you thank you thank you.

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  7. Marvin

Marvin Forum Resident Thread Starter

JOLLY15

15% off until 12/27 noon CST

8. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Thanks!

9. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain

If you like T Shirts they have good prices on vintage looking shirts too.

Davidmk5 and Greenalishi like this.
  10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just took a stroll through the old Bargain Bin and found a BUNCH of new stuff there... thanks for the new code.

Juggsnelson and Greenalishi like this.
  11. hutlock

Placed an order this morning and paid via PayPal... instead of the $48 purchase I had lined up, it charged me $240. I checked the PayPal invoice and it had the entire contents of an OLD shopping cart in there—stuff I had deleted from the cart weeks ago, including several items that I had already purchased elsewhere since then. I immediately contacted DD to cancel the order but I haven’t heard a word yet. I’m going to be SUPER PISSED if they ship all this out and don’t just refund me. Grrrrrr.

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

good god

hutlock and Greenalishi like this.
  13. hutlock

Update: they issued me a refund for $39 for a record they sold out of. So now I’m down to them owing me $200. EYE ROLL.

Greenalishi and GentleSenator like this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

thanks for the laugh. sorry it was at your expense!

Greenalishi and hutlock like this.
  15. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Sounds like S.O.P. for DD

Greenalishi and hutlock like this.
  16. hutlock

Yeah, I’m just hoping they cancel the order before they ship it all out. I don’t want to go through the hassle of sending like 90% back for an order I tried to cancel literally 3 minutes after it was placed.

Greenalishi likes this.
  17. moomoomoomoo

Good luck. While I do order from them at times due to my low income level, I have several major resentments against DD's parent companies that are not going to go away soon. fyi: They have the same owners as blowitoughtahere, import cd's, collector's choice & a number of others.

slipkid and Greenalishi like this.
  18. hutlock

Yep. I really only use them if the prices are clearance level, as this order was SUPPOSED to be. Ugh.

Greenalishi likes this.
  19. slipkid

slipkid Forum Resident

Ugh. I feel your pain. Their customer service can be a pain to deal with btw, especially in email, could be forever until you hear back. You need to speak to them on the phone IMO (even then they may still screw things up in my experience though, but at least you will get some kind of immediate attention). You should never pay them with paypal though if you have other means. Via paypal the $$ goes to them immediately and you then have to wait (& wait & wait & fight) to get the $$ back. Ordering via a credit card makes it a lot easier to avoid that part of the hassle since they don't charge until the order ships and gives more time to try to get things sorted b4 you are out any $$. Good luck!

Greenalishi, hutlock and moomoomoomoo like this.
  20. moomoomoomoo

Good point on Card VS Paypal with any shady retailers.

slipkid and hutlock like this.
  21. hutlock

Ugh, yeah, I didn’t even think of that! Well, live and learn. Hopefully I don’t get burned on this one in the end.

22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You’ll be fine. Just be diligent in your follow-up and all should be good.

23. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains A bird in the hand is like a man in the sand

i wouldnt call DD shady at all

Planbee, Matt I, Juggsnelson and 2 others like this.
  24. moomoomoomoo

Someday I'll post some background. I'm not in the mood right now; but the short version is they destroyed most of their competition with shady business practices. DD is owned by Alliance. They are a wholesaler, previously known as Phantom & then Super D. Alliance bought up Super D & almost all of the larger mid sized net retailers except Movie Mars & one other who's name I can't remember at the moment, & just long enough to put a lot of us out of business, lowered their retail prices on 10-15 major sites to below wholesale. Once they'd killed off a number of retailers (including myself) they raised the prices back up on all of the sites.

slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sounds like capitalism to me. I've never been disappointed with prices or service from these entities. If I were, I wouldn't be a frequent customer.