Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

I see it as more of a monopoly attempt than capitalism. (Yes Amazon, Walmart & Movie Mars do still exist).

jhm, slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Their customer service can be a hassle but they always did right by me in the end. Their prices are hard to beat usually, especially on some imported items.

Greenalishi likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Well, they shipped all of it except for the two that were out of stock. They refunded me for one of those already so I requested that they cancel the other. Guess this is going to get done the hard way.

4. Juggsnelson

Well.....I guess they ship fast.:sigh:

slipkid likes this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

That’s about the only good thing so far! I did get them to cancel the other record that didn’t ship and the refund is processing so that’s 2 down I guess. We shall see how easy the return process turns out to be.

slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  6. slipkid

slipkid Forum Resident

I had a similar experience as you with the cart thing btw, having things added that I was not expecting to be in there. I think that what happened to me - which might have happened to you - is that one night I added a bunch of things to the cart. I did not check out yet though for whatever reason. A couple days later I went back and the cart showed as empty. So I added them again, along with other stuff. Then I went to check out and apparently I was not logged in, so I logged in as prompted. That took me to the final order screen to enter shipping address/payment info and the finalization part of the order. Only then did I notice that there was a lot more in my order than what I just put in the cart that night. It had remembered what I ordered b4 and added all that in despite showing nothing in the cart b4. I think the cart actually stays associated with your account somehow, what happens depends on what you put in the cart b4/if you were logged in b4, if you are logged in now while shopping again etc....probably not explaining that right (I'm zzzleepy after some multiple 12 hour shifts)....

Matt I, hutlock and Greenalishi like this.
  7. moomoomoomoo

Yes, on many sites the cart is associated with your log in. On some, it's just cookies.

slipkid likes this.
  8. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Forum Resident

I try and check my cart carefully after similar experiences on many sites. The biggest mistake I've made is ordering several items of something I only wanted one of. Because of this I try to be more vigilant.

slipkid likes this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

This is exactly what happened. Only in my case the cart was from several weeks ago. But same thing basically.

Greenalishi and slipkid like this.
  10. Marvin

Marvin Forum Resident Thread Starter

NEWYEAR

15% off until 1/15 noon CST

11. moomoomoomoo

Anyone notice any great deals?

Greenalishi likes this.
  12. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

The Bargain Bin is full of them.

Greenalishi and GentleSenator like this.
  13. putz

putz Forum Resident

Yes, but nothing much added recently that I haven't already picked over.

Greenalishi likes this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

every time i try to start digging through that list i'm overwhelmed by the sheer volume of absolute crap. yes, i do realize that taste is subjective ;)

superstar19, imail724, Tjazz and 2 others like this.
  15. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Oh there is absolutely a massive amount of worthless junk in there. But if you have the patience...

Greenalishi and GentleSenator like this.
  16. Greenalishi

Not in a place now to browze but the hunt can be fun. Got lots of junk to sift through but the gems can shine. Not up to it now though. The hunt seems daunting. :)

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm astonished by all of the soundtracks pressed to vinyl for shows no one's ever watched. no wonder some absolute classic albums have yet to be reissued.

hutlock and Greenalishi like this.
  18. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

There’s also a disproportionate amount of foreign language LPs.

GentleSenator and Greenalishi like this.
  19. Greenalishi

Yea interesting point on the sountracks. I thought they must have a niche. I don't know many of em. Some of catch my eye. I got Blue Velvet it's great.

hutlock likes this.
  20. moomoomoomoo

Not doing vinyl anymore; I've got 4 cd's in my cart from last month (3 of which I actually want) & can't find the $2 to get free ship.

Greenalishi likes this.
  21. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Buy another copy of The Wall for $6 and change.

GentleSenator and Greenalishi like this.
  22. Synthfreek

Synthfreek Drum machines are not inherently evil.

I snagged a few copies of the 2014 Kiss Destroyer LP for $6.07 each.

Greenalishi and hutlock like this.
  23. Mike6565

Mike6565 Senior Member

I grabbed a Kiss Destroyer as well, I have a little blowout bin fatigue so just picked that up for $8.76 shipped

superstar19 likes this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yes. It seems as though Deep Discount vastly overestimated the demand in the US for Music On Vinyl's catalog of Dutch artists. I'm sure there's some great music among them, but it would take me far more time than it's worth to discover any of it.

Greenalishi, hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  25. Juggsnelson

If anyone is looking for an entry point into the amazing work of Willy Deville, the Collected 2LP is chock full of outstanding music. A steal at the Blowout Bin price.