Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

Just a heads up that although this issue of Caravan’s “In the Land of Grey and Pink” is listed as a CD, it has the ISBN of the double grey and pink vinyl issue - I don’t think Klimt issued a CD version. In case anyone feels like risking it and ordering one...

Caravan In the Land of Grey & Pink [Import] on DeepDiscount

Lethrus and black sheriff like this.
  2. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I received my first 7 LPS today. Some of the corners are pretty dented, anyone else experiencing that? I guess it's to be expected these days.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Satanic Majesties is the black vinyl by the way. That one picked up the worst damage probably because it's a thick gatefold.

lennonfan1 likes this.
  4. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Unfortunately they are not known for robust packaging.

5. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

omg I saw a great deal on ebay, green vinyl Peanuts Christmas so for $8 I bit....the album, sold as new, arrives with no shrink wrap, no box, no bag, no nothing but postage taped to the cover, and the cover has the opening edge taped shut...with packing tape. all 4 corners smashed to bits and filthy like it was dragged on the ground. vinyl wasn't broken surprisingly but has bad noise 1st track side 2. I'm not going through the hassle of returning it, even though I should.
    I did take the time to write the seller and tell him to find a box, don't do this to others. just couldn't believe it....

zongo likes this.
  6. Sane Man

Sane Man Forum Resident

Put in an order for Satanic Majesties, the (second) self titled STP, and the 13th Floor Elevators tribute, which just got me to the free shipping threshold. Shame I already have the Mastodon one on sale or I'd have grabbed that as well. Thanks for the heads up.

black sheriff likes this.
  7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Deep Discount's Blowout Sale is offered through eBay as well? If so, why did you purchase via eBay and not directly from Deep Discount?? Was the price even lower?

8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

What does that have to do with DeepDiscount which is the actual topic of this thread?

There's an eBay thread where this should be posted along with the seller's info so others can avoid buying from him.

9. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

it had just happened while I was viewing this thread so it really should have gone in some other thread, sorry.

black sheriff and Strat-Mangler like this.
  10. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

this was a best price I could find through ebay, it was a private seller selling a 'new' lp. no official dealer has ever done something so stupid as to send a completely unprotected album. but you can get to deep discount through ebay

11. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

No big deal. Thought maybe I was missing something that made posting it in this thread relevant so figured I'd ask.

12. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

lol I was reading and responding in this thread when that arrived in the mail, I was just so dumbfounded I had to type about it...
    literally over 20 years on ebay but nobody ever just sent me a raw lp like that...

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  13. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the heads up. I gave it a shot. Either way, I don’t have that album on any format.

Here’s what I got this round.

7936 South Rodes [Import]
    Eddie Boyd
    8718469536566 LP

Greatest Hits [Import]
    Family
    5014797897106 LP

In the Land of Grey & Pink [Import]
    Caravan
    889397272913 CD

Live At The Hollywood Bowl
    Jeff Beck
    603497865017 LP

Love And Theft
    Bob Dylan
    889854552916 LP

Mike6565 likes this.
  14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I managed to grab:

Blue Velvet (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Angelo Badalamenti
    It'll End In Tears - This Mortal Coil
    Filigree & Shadow - This Mortal Coil
    Blood - This Mortal Coil
    Love And Theft - Bob Dylan
    Street-Legal - Bob Dylan
    There's A Riot Going On - Yo La Tengo
    Torn Down: Mixed Up Extras 2018 - The Cure

15. Dan

Dan Senior Member

First two orders showed up. The copy I received of Johnny Marr's "Playland" album looks odd. It's not factory sealed and was received in an aftermarket plastic sleeve. It doesn't exactly look new. I'll see how it plays.

16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Bummer. I expect that some of us will occasionally get an oddity like that -- something from the back of the shelves, a prior return that was put back into inventory, an overrun directly from the manufacturer, etc. I hope the quality of the record works out for you in this case!

(As you know, factory- sealed shrinkwrap is no guarantee either. This past weekend, I took the plastic off a brand-new LP of a recent Randy Newman LP ... and the damn thing had a loud pop all the way through the first song. :hurlleft: )

17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow. I placed my order on Saturday and the box is already here. That’s pretty damn fast for free shipping!

CraigVC and SJP like this.
  18. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Dylan's "Street Legal" seems to be cancelled.

19. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Got three boxes in today:

Afghan Whigs- Black Love 20th anniversary
    Afghan Whigs- Up In It
    Afghan Whigs- Uptown Avondale
    Bob Dylan- Love And Theft
    Bob Dylan- Planet Waves
    LCD Soundsystem- Electric Lady Sessions (a crime at $10- I already had this but got another as a gift)
    Rolling Stones- Voodoo Lounge Uncut
    Lightnin' Hopkins- s/t 70th anniversary
    Yo La Tengo- There's A Riot Going On
    Craig Finn- Faith In the Future
    Cloud Nothings- Life Without Sound
    Los Campesinos! - Hold On There, Youngster 10th anniversary
    Warpaint- Heads Up
    The Breeders- All Nerve

got one more box on the way

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  20. hutlock

I should add—mine was VERY well packed with a Whiplash-style box form-fitted inside a larger box with no wiggle room and some padding/paper behind the vinyl too. No dinged corners or anything like that.

SJP and black sheriff like this.
  21. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

well this makes me feel bad, I wish I could say the same thing but they really weren't packaged well. Just 7 LPS shoved in a kind of flimsy cardboard mailer.

hutlock likes this.
  22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I placed two orders, each containing two LPs. The first one arrived yesterday, and the two LPs were packaged in a cardboard mailer like the ones Amazon typically uses. Corners were very slightly dinged.

23. hutlock

Yeah, mine was only 7 LPs and one 10” so I’m not sure why I got the royal treatment and you didn’t. Sucks that they can’t just keep it consistently good like mine was....

24. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

Could be dependent on who does the packing job there I guess.

25. hutlock

Probably right. Are you returning anything?