Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

dang, with tax its a $4 difference, gonna keep the DD order not worth the hassle as they take forever to cancel, but I have to remember to check Pop Market next time, thanks for the tip! so much to keep track of.. lol

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Trust me, cancelling a DD order takes an act of Congress. You are good with your deal! I passed on this one because I'm simply running out of room for these large box sets.

3. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

If the reviews regarding quality control weren't so spotty I would have already ordered. The price is so good though I am debating whether to play the lottery on getting a decent set. Also whether my wife will let me live after it arrives.

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Mike6565, J Luc, jason202 and 5 others like this.
  5. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

At that price, it was worth it for me to take a chance. Hopefully the copy I end up with isn't completely horrible. I have a bunch of the Billy Joel color vinyl reissues arriving tomorrow from Walmart, so hopefully they are decent as well. Not holding my breath though!

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

at ~$8 per album it seems like a gamble worth taking!

7. LaBowe

LaBowe Forum Resident

I have only ordered CDs from DD; what is the general opinion on their Vinyl packaging? Thanks in advance!

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Never had an issue. Packed in a thick cardboard mailer with internal padding or in a box with padding for larger orders. Pretty consistent unlike Amazon (I have had over 2o orders). Only issue I have had is the Canadian tax and duty that sometimes gets applied on the way through!

9. LaBowe

LaBowe Forum Resident

Many thanks that is good to know. To date I have managed to avoid duty when purchasing music from outside Canada unless I get into the $100+ range. Cheers!

10. allbrosca

I try to keep my orders under $70 but they still get dinged sometimes! Happy shopping. Any active codes out there right now?

LaBowe and latheofheaven like this.
  11. RyanX

RyanX and get the priest as well

82BT4X2D9 and PLUNGE both give 10% off and seem to both work on preorders. Both of these have been around for awhile and are probably only single use but I haven't used either one yet so I'm not sure.

12. allbrosca

Thanks. Apparently I have already used both!

13. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

I've found with DD, it's always best to reduce the risk of getting a bent package by having more than a single album in it -- not fond of their mailer for small orders.

LaBowe and latheofheaven like this.
  14. allbrosca

Good to know. I have only ordered multiples before. I assume a single would come in the same packaging as you would get from Popmarket or Import CDs, which are pretty flimsy for single orders.

latheofheaven and LaBowe like this.
  15. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

For the same reasons, I'm more comfortable buying boxsets from DD. My last one (the Tone Poet Ornette Coleman set) was loose in the box with no padding, but was in almost perfect condition just because it was sturdy and in the plastic wrap.

Greenalishi, latheofheaven and LaBowe like this.
  16. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

10% of instock items, code HATTER...good thru 3/7 at noon ct

17. allbrosca

Thanks! Noticed a few new titles in the bin. Nothing But The Truth vinyl from The Pineapple Thief for $10.50. Sympathetic Magic by Typhoon for $8,12 and Wonderbloom by Becca Stevens for $8.37, all vinyl, are the ones I picked up.

18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

19. RyanX

add this one to the Deep Discount codes:

N87X4N63 gives $5 off purchase of $30 or more, looks to work on preorders

In addition to the three above:

PopMarket
    7KR5ZKUY gives 10% off and works for preorders
    PM68LE753 gives $5 off purchase of $25 or more, works for preorders

importCDs
    4F3V56NV gives 10% off and works for preorders

I assume all of these are single use but have not actually completed a purchase with any of them yet.

20. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Buy 3 or more in-stock items
    and SAVE 10%!

Enter coupon code TEAPOT at checkout.

Coupon valid through 3/14/22 at noon CT. The order must contain 3 or more in-stock items for the coupon to apply. 10% savings applies to IN-STOCK items only.
    Savings do not apply to shipping and taxes. May not be combined with other offers.
    Some restrictions apply*

21. RyanX

just got this one in an email from Pop Market:
    P5NQ73BQ for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more and it looks like it will work on preorders

also THANKS10 still works for 10% off at Pop Market

22. RyanX

I have 4 items I am looking at (one is a preorder) and I have been playing around with different options on Deep Discount, importCDs, PopMarket and Blowitoutahere trying to come up with the cheapest total. In checking out some combination trying the various codes, I have noticed that some of these are now showing as codes I have already used even when I haven't used them. The two I am having problems with are the 10% off at iCD and the $5 off at DD. I even tried with a private browser tab without signing in and they are still showing as ones that have been used.

Greenalishi and samwisefan like this.
  23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

One time use coupon, expires tomorrow.
    $5 off order over $30

7KFQ6353

24. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

CD69FV852 is another 10% off code for ImportCDs.

SJP, Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  25. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident