Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

5:40AM in Los Angeles, and hundreds of new listings in the Bin ...

As an example, that 4xLP Yes 'Union - Live' colored vinyl set, was $150 list, was $100 on Amazon - $36 today
    Yes Union 30 Live (Ltd Ed 180gm Colored 4 LP + DVD) [Import] on DeepDiscount

... also some Belinda Carlisle reissues ...
    ... at least one more Dream Theater ...
    ... Star Wars - Rise Of Skywalker - Picture Discs ...

Lots of titles on sale that seemed too expensive to begin with. Anne Murray's 2LP Christmas reissue, deeply discounted but still expensive.

Mono's 'Pilgrimage' limited colored:
    Mono Pilgrimage of the Soul (Limited Edition) (Opaque White with Orange Splatter) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Pretty Things - 5disc Box Set, CD + 10" vinyl for $22
    The Pretty Things Final Bow (52pg Hardbound Book Package, 2CD+2DVD+10-inch Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Midnight Rev - Snowflake Midnight - 5CD Deluxe Seet for $13.34
    Mercury Rev Snowflake Midnight: Deluxe Edition [Import] on DeepDiscount

Britpop band The Bluetones - 6xCD set, says they're signed, $18
    The Bluetones Superior Quality Recordings 1994-2002 - Limited Signed 6CD Boxset [Import] on DeepDiscount

A Cool 4xCD 'Lost 80's Vol. 2' set on Edsel for $12
    Various Artists Gary Crowley's Lost 80s Vol. 2 / Various [Boxset] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Hawkwind's 'Dust Of Time' 6xCD set for $17. Reviews are blehhhh but it costs $78 at Amazon today ...
    Hawkwind Dust Of Time: An Anthology Boxset [Import] on DeepDiscount

A big 9xCD 'The Sounds Of Philadelphia' CD set for $17 - costs $99 on Amazon:
    Various Artists Satisfaction Guaranteed: The Sound of Philadelphia International Records Vol 2 / Various [Import] on DeepDiscount
    =================

The same titles are on sale at Popmarket but at different prices. For me, the Deep Discount checkout was cheaper ...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  2. DapperGentleman

More from the Deep Discount Bin. This is a little tougher list to work. Most of the new titles seem to be Italian, or Classical?

Art Of Noise on MOV, 2LP, white vinyl numbered 'Noise In The City - Live In Tokyo' for $14.36
    The Art of Noise Noise In The City: Live In Tokyo 1986 [180-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Canterbury / prog band Caravan's comeback album from 2021 for $10.18:
    Caravan It`S None Of Your Business (140gm Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

That Dream Theater Live LP is kind-of cool, it's the live recording of their first album, in its entirety, for $14:
    Dream Theater Lost Not Forgotten Archives: When Dream And Day Reunite (Live) (Red Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Britpop band Gene's 'To See The Lights' 2LP for $14 - we've seen this before I think?
    Gene To See The Lights [Limited 180-Gram Clear Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Wishbone Ash - another live LP, but this is from 1980 and well-reviewed, live in Porstmouth 2LP for $14. Wishbone Ash's LP's normally carry very high prices for some reason...
    Wishbone Ash Portsmouth 1980 (140gm Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Insta-buy for me: Hooverphonic 'Ultimate Collection' for $10
    Hooverphonic Their Ultimate Collection [180-Gram Silver Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Searchers 2LP remastered hits, 24 songs across 2LP's, A & B Sides 1963-1967 for $13
    The Searchers A & B Sides 1963-1967 (180gm Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

This is a vinyl reissue of a classic drone / ambient project from Kyle Bobby Dunn called 'Bring Me The Head', 3LPs for $17.23
    Kyle Bobby Dunn Bring Me The Head Of Kyle Bobby Dunn [Import] on DeepDiscount

Wow - Echobelly had a comeback album? 'Anarchy & Alchemy' for $11:
    Echobelly Anarchy & Alchemy [Import] on DeepDiscount

I've been struggling to find something I hadn't heard before that I really liked. This is worth a listen: band called 'Wyndow', it's the gal from Trembling Bells. The write-up mentions "La Dusseldorf", "Robert Wyatt", "Cluster", and The Roches. Makes sense. $11:
    WYNDOW Wyndow [Import] on DeepDiscount

Donna Summer 'All Systems Go' reissue on colored wax for $11:
    Donna Summer All Systems Go [180-Gram Translucent Orange Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Hans Zimmer's 2LP score to 'No Time To Die', it's over $50 at Amazon, $23 here:
    Hans Zimmer No Time to Die (Limited Edition) (White Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

This was on my want list! Spirale s/t, reissue of a 1974 Italian jazz-rock LP, long jammy stuff, worth a listen, for $12:
    Spirale Spirale [Gatefold] [Import] on DeepDiscount

John Mayall & Bluesbreaker's 2022 album 'Stories' for #13.27:
    John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers Stories [Import] on DeepDiscount

If you collect the Italians Do It Better label, the After Dark 3 compilation 3LP is down to $17:
    Various Artists After Dark 3 / Various [Purple Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

CD: Tony Kaye of Yes - End Of Innocence - 2021 solo album on CD for $7:
    Tony Kaye End Of Innocence [Import] on DeepDiscount

CD: Peter Hesslein of Lucifer's Friend - 2020 Solo album 'Night Drive' on CD for $5. This is instrumental rock guitar, pretty simplistic, sounds like improvised rehearsals:
    Peter Hesslein Night Drive [Import] on DeepDiscount

jamesc, samwisefan, Mike6565 and 11 others like this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Thanks @DapperGentleman!

The pricing in the bin is decent overall. I really tried to pick and choose so there wasn't as much "get it because it looks cool for the price and figure it out later" as before which kept my total down quite a bit. Here are some highlights that I came across.

Sex Pistols "rarities" CD box, I passed based on the Discogs reviews but someone may be into it.
    The Sex Pistols 76-77 [Import] on DeepDiscount

Steve Hackett fans may appreciate this album by Nad Sylvan, Hackett's "Genesis" vocalist.
    The Sex Pistols 76-77 [Import] on DeepDiscount

Second volume of the Lost 80s CD box set many of us picked up a couple years ago.
    Various Artists Gary Crowley's Lost 80s Vol. 2 / Various [Boxset] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Dire Straits recent RSD pink vinyl ep.
    Dire Straits Encores [Pink Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

I love Primitives!
    The Primitives Galore [140-Gram Red Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Mercury Rev "Snowflake Midnight" deluxe reissue.
    Mercury Rev Snowflake Midnight: Deluxe Edition [Import] on DeepDiscount

samwisefan, imarcq, mur and 5 others like this.
  4. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Thanks for mentioning the TSOP set! It's currently $35.58 on Deep Discount, which is still a great deal, but I am bummed that I missed getting it for $17. That would have been a major score.

5. DapperGentleman

Some more - I'm getting a little further into the list, so the deals are not so great perhaps ...

Echo And The Bunnymen - Flowers reissue for $11
    Echo & the Bunnymen Flowers [180-Gram White Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Both Black Country Communion LP's reissued on colored wax for $14/each
    first: Black Country Communion Black Country Communion ['Glow In The Dark' Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount
    second: Black Country Communion 2 ['Glow In The Dark' Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Vapors - Magnets reissue for $11
    The Vapors Magnets [180-Gram Clear Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Cool Italy prog reissue, with lyrics in English and vocals by Bernardo Lanzetti of PFM:
    Acqua Fragile - Mass Media Stars reissue for $12
    Acqua Fragile Mass Media Stars [Limited 180-Gram Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

ANOTHER cool Italian prog rock LP reissue: Gruppo D'Alternative 'Ipoteosi' for $12.38!
    Gruppo d'Alternativa Ipotesi [Import] on DeepDiscount

Pretty Things 3xLP 'Live At The BBC' for $19:
    The Pretty Things Live At The BBC (White Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Jean-Michel Jarre 'Welcome To The Other Side - Live At Notre Dame' 2021 for $13:
    Jean-Michel Jarre Welcome To The Other Side [Import] on DeepDiscount

Heavy Stereo 'Deja Voodoo', a pretty good rockin' band on Creation label, reissue for $11:
    Heavy Stereo Deja Voodoo: 25th Anniversary [180-Gram Clear Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Unexpecteed 2LP live album from Antony (of Antony And The Johnsons) with Italian prog rock legend Franco Battiato, AND a symphony orchestra ? ! ? for $14:
    Battiato & Antony Del Suo Veloce Volo [Import] on DeepDiscount

Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream with Jehnny Beth of Savages - Utopian Ashes for $11. This is worth a listen I think:
    GILLESPIE,BOBBY / BETH,JEHNNY Utopian Ashes (Transparent Vinyl) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Mick Farren's Deviants s/t reissue on MOV 2021 for $12.52:
    The Deviants Deviants [180-Gram Black Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

Prog / psyche reissue from The Way We Live (50th Anniversary!) for $12.41:
    TRACTOR / WAY WE LIVE A Candle For Judith (50th Anniversary Edition, Bonus 12) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Nad Sylvan is the vocalist for Steve Hackett for the last several years. His latest solo album is $12: Nad Sylvan Spiritus Mundi (Gatefold black LP+CD & LP-Booklet) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Kim Mitchell of Max Webster fame - looks like the 2-disc version with bonus 7"? - The Big Fantasize for $14:
    Kim Mitchell Big Fantasize [Import] on DeepDiscount

Thelonious Monster's 2020 comeback album for $12:
    Thelonious Monster Oh That Monster [Import] on DeepDiscount

BJ Ward's 'Vocal Ease', female vocals 70s' pop on MOV for $12:
    B.J. Ward Vocal Ease [Limited 180-Gram Silver Colored Vinyl [Import] on DeepDiscount

More prog rock: reissues from Pain Of Salvation (their acoustic album), It Bites ...

samwisefan, mur, SJP and 6 others like this.
  6. DapperGentleman

... I'm not going to spend much time on the CD's, so please post some stuff if you see them!

As for the pricing on the TSOP - I might have typed it wrong, I was doing several things at once. The set was probably $36, not $17 when I first saw it ... sorry.

.. and it's 8AM in Los Angeles, and I've received my first cancellation notice from Deep Discount. Oh, well ...

samwisefan, SJP, Biff Jones and 2 others like this.
  7. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Some decent deals overall, but not much that grabs me. Think I'll wait for these to hit the Walmart bins at a fraction of the "blowout" price.

Here's an interesting glitch though... If you use the code "TOTL%EONTNW" at checkout, it brings your total down to $0.00! When you get to the final checkout screen, however, it goes back to your actual total. If anyone can figure out how to force the full discount through, please let us know :)

mur likes this.
  8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

9. DapperGentleman

This is a vinyl collection: Philly Soul - The Ultimate Collection, looks legit, from 2018 for $9.66
    Various Artists Philly Soul: The Ultimate Collection / Various [180-Gram Blue Colored Vinyl] [Import] on DeepDiscount

This is a REALLY good instrumental prog rock band from Sweden: Gösta Berlings Saga 'Konkret Musik' for $10.24:
    Gösta Berlings Saga Konkret Musik (Black LP+CD) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Iron Maiden - big 3LP 'Best Of' for under $20:
    Iron Maiden From Fear to Eternity: The Best of 1990-10 [Import] on DeepDiscount

Suede's 'Coming Up' reissue for $10.76
    Suede Coming Up [Import] on DeepDiscount

CD: 'John Lennon In Jazz' covers CD from Germany for $6.52:
    Various Artists John Lennon In Jazz / Various [Import] on DeepDiscount

samwisefan, mur, SJP and 3 others like this.
  10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Missed the Searchers! If anyone here decided to hog all the copies, I'd love to get one.

Edit: If it says "Add to Wish List" does it mean it's out of stock? I can still add to my cart. But I don't want to check out and it not be available.

latheofheaven likes this.
  11. Biittner Hair Flyin'

You can add an item to your Wish List whether it's in stock or out of stock, and the "Add to Wish List" box does not mean something is out of stock.

mur, latheofheaven and cwitt1980 like this.
  12. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

After looking around, I figured that was the case. I'm just used to seeing that on other sites meaning the item is gone. I just placed an order so I assume what I wanted is still in stock.

13. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

14. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

West coast pop art experimental band - child’s garden LP for 11.38

Percy Mayfield - Walking On a Tightrope LP $10

The foundations - pye As and Bs 2CD (BGO) $6

Roger Taylor - outsider SHMCD 9.99

Jansch/Renbourn/Pentangle 3CD Gold $4.86

America - Hat Trick LP (color vinyl + poster) 12.43

Swansea Sound - live at the rum puncheon LP $10 (great indiepop, not a live album)

Primal Scream - Demodelica LP 13.45

V/a Air o Plane Ride CD (great sunshine / soft pop comp on teensville) $6.06

Stray As and bs 70-76 CD 6.66

Ripple - s/t CD (1973 funk, Japan import) $7.40

Alice Coltrane - transcendence CD $6.17

15. Comicsanstombstone

Criminal not to own that for $11! I have it already and I paid quite a lot more for it (before it was re-pressed). Life enhancing stuff, obv.

latheofheaven and CrazyBrown like this.
  16. Comicsanstombstone

Galore was the ones Prims LP I’m missing, I was happy to remedy that for a good price.

Found another Teensville CD lurking in the bin for $6.06 - they’re a great label, like the Ace songwriters series but leaning more obscure. There’s a bunch of new arrivals in the classical bin, too (I posted some in the classical thread, kinda off topic here,
    I suppose).

SJP and hutlock like this.
  17. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

FYI, DEEP10 worked for me for 10% off on one of the emails I hadn't used for a few months for DD purchases. Thank you everyone for posting the deals, now I need to go buy something for the wife to balance it out o_O

mur and superstar19 like this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Thanks for all of your hard work!!!!! Orders placed!

samwisefan, mur, SJP and 1 other person like this.
  19. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

20. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Discogs shows two entries for this UPC, one made in Brazil and the other made in Argentina. No comments by anybody for either one.

samwisefan likes this.
  21. Jesse O Taylor

...Aaaaand a lot of these have now hit the Walmart bins at a fraction of the "blowout" price.

My poor wallet.

J Luc and Tjazz like this.
  22. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

That's where I had bought a few.

Another I found was

Candlebox - Happy Pills [Limited 180-Gram Gold Colored Vinyl] Robot or human?

$9.56

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah I just dropped an order for 15 LPs like it was nothing. Plenty of great stuff in the Bin.

Also: If you want to go the Wal-Mart route to save some extra $$, go for it by all means, but be advised that they are getting their stock from DD anyway, so it is very possible that stuff might be out of stock by the time your order from Wally World gets to DD, especially on titles where there might only be 1-2 copies there to begin with.

24. Jesse O Taylor

The Walmart listings are sold via DeepDiscount's Walmart store - they come in the same packaging with the same shipping receipts, directly from DD. Literally the only thing that's different is the price :)

Also, they DO seem to keep up with the inventory. I received everything I ordered the last time they stocked their WM store, and a couple of the albums I ordered just now said "only 1 remaining" or "only 3 remaining" at the check out screen.

samwisefan, GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  25. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I've ordered quite a few recently. Stock hasn't been an issue, but I did get an empty mailer, it had stickers from USPS saying damaged and empty when received. I contacted Walmart and they said it was still on its way. I contacted DD and sent them a pic of the box, they said they would reship. A couple of days later I received the lp in a USPS box where I assume they found it with the order slip and sent it on to me? It was an odd situation.

samwisefan and slipkid like this.