Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

FYI for non-US customers of Deep Discount:

After seeing no movement on my order after a week, I sent them an email asking why there was a delay in shipping. My credit card already showed a pre-auth, suggesting there was no issue with payment. The answer I got back was that they were going to cancel the order because I was shipping to my US mailbox...considered a "freight forwarder" to them. The cancellation email I received said it was because of "credit issues". Bullsh*t! I have had hundreds of items shipping to my US address over the years, from Amazon, to Elusive Disc, to small mom and pop shops. NEVER have I been denied because of my address. It was also poor form to wait for ME to contact them. Anyway, another company added to my **** list. Too bad as the deals are great. And no, I have no interest in shipping to my Canadian address and giving DHL $$$. :(

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  2. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

There's one in there from a former bandmate of mine... who also performed the wedding ceremony for my wife and I. I already have it but I've alerted our mutual friends!

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  3. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Davidmk5, black sheriff and SJP like this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Nice add, thanks for sharing!

The CD/DVD version has been in a cart, price was $14-ish. Glad to have the box version including vinyl for such a steal.

5. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks ! i too have been on the fence on this Deluxe set ................ I'm in + some other stuff .............

Weird they won't give me free shipping ? $1.99 ............ oh well , no big deal .

SJP likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Deep Discount charges a small shipping surcharge for "heavy" items, usually in the $2-4 range and typically isn't remotely close to being a deal killer.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  7. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

9. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Gotta say Deep Discount is kind of a new discovery for me. I've been delving into 'em 'cause of this and the Amazon forum. I think some Amazon's prices go down to match other sites people have mentioned.

I browzed the discounted music stuff. 50-69 percent and 70 percent. Lots of stuff. Lots. I went there because i was searching for a reasonably priced cd of The Ohio Players Live 1977. Found the record label. They directed me to two sites, not Amazon or Deep. They had a cool Nico live thing too. Ended up at Deep Discount on a search. Made my first order adding the two disc Guess Who American Woman which isn't on Amazon with the Nico and Ohio Players. Good prices accross the board. Free shipping too. 17, Guess Who, 13 Nico, 13 Ohio Players.

Last night found the two discount music sections went through much of it. Ordered 2 lps, Blue Velvet soundtrack, Willie Mitchell Ooo Baby You Turn Me On, (5 . 50 each ) 2 cds Dexter Gordon, Both Sides Of Midnight, Steven Stills , Just Roll the Tape, (4 . 30 each ) 2 45s, The Move and The Kinks. (3. 99 each).

New avenue for me on interesting stuff. Lots of variety. Seems like they have similar prices to what some of the smaller labels charge. Unlike Amazon on similar items. Fun discovery for me. Good and bad. Not like i need this to feed my obsession. ;)

10. Deepdiscount is ostensibly the biggest video storefront for the last remaining media distributor left, Alliance. It's the same people that own ImportCDs and other web fronts. They carry practically everything available, as they supply Amazon for about 1/3rd of the giant's media inventory.

11. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Just got my third box of records and you were correct. The Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink is the Klimt color vinyl 2xLP. Thank you for mentioning it in this thread. :):thumbsup:

rararabbits, SJP and Mike6565 like this.
  12. Sane Man

Sane Man Forum Resident

Got mine today. No damage to the corners of any. Small lip warps on the Elevators records and a slight dish warp on the STP. Stones record is perfect. None effect play so it is what it is.

13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

One of my orders came with Johnny Marr's Call The Comet.

Johnny Marr Call The Comet on DeepDiscount

Upon first listen, this album is pretty great. I already had Playland on CD but this was the first time I had heard the new album. Instant classic...Morrissey who???

14. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

alright when back for 4ths

elle king, josh ritter, blue velvet, will ackerman and BNQT vol 1 ... $37 shipped...

I think thats it for now.... maybe :righton:

black sheriff and Greenalishi like this.
  15. Greenalishi

The Elle King is Great, i have it on cd already, great record. I ordered the Blue Velvet should be coming soon. Nice haul.

keef00, black sheriff and Mike6565 like this.
  16. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

went back for X and Julia Holter which I swear weren't there before

17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

X was deep in the pages.

Bloom and hutlock like this.
  18. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Found some nice scores for $55...

James Taylor - Before This World LP $7.36
    Carroll - S/T LP $6.22
    Band of Spice - Economic Dancers LP $5.16
    Blues Traveler - Hurry Up & Hang Around LP $6.36
    Bob Dylan - Love And Theft LP $7.50
    Jenn Bostic - Revival LP $6.71
    Blitzen Trapper - Wild And Reckless LP $6.03
    Samantha Crain - You Had Me At Goodbye LP $6.33

Greenalishi likes this.
  19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I grabbed it after you posted. Just arrived today. $5 is ridiculous.

black sheriff likes this.
  20. hutlock

As mentioned above my second LP shipment arrived today—different mailer, not as many records, but everything looks good.

EXCEPT my copy of Johnny Marr’s Playland, which is no longer sealed, has a little corner ding and some minor scuffs on the LP itself. Clearly purchased and then returned but for $6 I really can’t be bothered to return it. I’ll see how it plays after I clean it but if I saw a used copy that looked like this in a shop for $6 I would have bought it without even thinking twice. Just irks me that they are selling used albums as new but whatever...

panasoffkee, black sheriff and SJP like this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

My Playland was exactly the same. The vinyl looks like crap and the sleeve has a bunch of pressure dings. Surprised it sounds terrific but it’ll be going back on principle. Already ordered another though, thought there’s no way more than one would be like this.

22. hutlock

Wow, definitely let me know if you get ANOTHER one like that. Crazy.

SJP likes this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I’ll let you know, and Deep Discount as well!

For what it’s worth, this is the first WTF from them. Lots of good stuff shipped safely. Probably a 99% success rate.

hutlock likes this.
  24. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I just ordered another batch of 15 albums (sheesh) and only one was out of print, Louis Armstrong Satchmo at Symphony". Also, the Neko Case albums have been removed from the blowout bin-- both went up from $9 to $23 in my cart, so I removed those.

I did get the Paul Weller box, the Tucky Buzzard box, and a load of under $10 items: O Jays, King Curtis, Willie Mitchell, Eurythmics, Liz Phair, Bill Wyman, Milt Jackson, Rumer and Joanne Shaw Taylor.

25. Greenalishi

I had to stop. Two orders was enough. Gonna put the breaks for a rest and let the stuff marinate before i pull another trigger. ;)

black sheriff likes this.