Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Haha! I was working at Tower Records Northridge when that PIL album came out and we had a giant version of the cover on the outside of the store. Lots of complaints on that one. :)

latheofheaven, SJP and hutlock like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

seems like the DD stock via walmart must be more accurate than their own sites. all 12 of the items i ordered were shipped. i think that's actually a first for me when shopping the blowout bin.

:pineapple:

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Hahahaha DD must be acting on their best behavior for the guests!

4. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Of course, they only included 6 of the 12 items in the actual package.

I had a situation a couple years ago in one of my Blowout Bin boxes where a CD was not included in the shipment even though it showed as shipped. I had the hardest time trying to explain this to the DD customer support representative - but after multiple calls, they finally refunded me for that item.

That raises a good question when ordered through Walmart - who handles Customer Service? DD or Walmart?​

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  5. HereIsNow

HereIsNow Forum Resident

It does show up for less than $9 on Walmart's Deepdiscount page for it... Robot or human?

Biff Jones, mur, jhm and 2 others like this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

To me, if you bought it from Wal-Mart, then Wal-Mart should handle it.

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Good luck with that.

They'll pass it through to the third party seller. If, at the end of the day, DeepDiscount didn't deliver and didn't refund your money, Walmart would step in as the adjudicator of last result. But you're gonna have to go through DD first.

8. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

OK, I bought two more. First time buying from DD via WalMart. It only saved me $1.00, I think, but I wanted to see how smooth the process went. It appears WalMart does not charge shipping? (I've never shopped at WalMart before.) Or they have an extremely low minimum purchase amount? Because I didn't have to pay shipping and my cost was less than $15.00 after taxes.

And I think these are two that haven't been spotlighted yet on this forum...

[​IMG]
    Donna Summer - I'm A Rainbow: Recovered & Recoloured [Book Pack] - CD

Qty 1
    $8.10

[​IMG]
    Yellow Magic Orchestra - BGM

Qty 1
    $5.38

I'm a little bummed I didn't buy that YES "Union 30 Live" set, but I saw on Discogs that I was released missing the DVD and I didn't want to bother trying to get a replacement. But I'm glad to see that those who did purchase it actually got the DVD.

yesstiles, mur, black sheriff and 2 others like this.
  9. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Walmart charges shipping for orders under $35 that are sold by them, not by any of their third-party sellers like Deep Discount. (Or you get free shipping for any purchase amount if you're a Walmart+ member.) But, I guess, some of the third-party sellers ship for free no matter what the purchase amount is.

It's strange (but I'm not complaining!) that Deep Discount ships for free for any of their sales through Walmart's site, whereas if you buy on Deep Discount's own site, free shipping is only given on "qualified" orders of at least $25. (They charge shipping no matter what for things like larger box sets.) So, not only can you get some music items from DD for less via Walmart's site than you can get on DD's website, but the free shipping can make it an even better deal.

10. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Good example of lower price via Walmart's site AND free shipping -- compared to a slightly higher price plus shipping on DD's website -- is the Satisfaction Guaranteed The Sound of Philadelphia 8CD box set. It's $30.35 + $3.99 shipping = $34.34 on DD's website and $28.25 with free shipping on Walmart's website (sold by DD, not Walmart).

jhm, latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  11. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Thank you for clarifying. Sounds like DD via WM is the way to go! :)

latheofheaven likes this.
  12. Weird. I went to the Walmart store (because of the DD connection) and I ended up purchasing four of those "Original Album Classics" boxes in one order on 9/22/22.

1) Heart - $16.57 (which was fulfilled by Walmart)

2) Testament - $12.85

3) The Monkees - $13.00

4) Sisters Of Mercy - $13.10 (Boxes 2 - 4 were fulfilled by Deep Discount)

The Heart Box was dispatched from a location in Florida and it just arrived today (sent via Priority Mail!). -- That's insanely cool.

The other three are being dispatched from Louisville, Kentucky via Media Mail.

13. Biittner Hair Flyin'

And as mentioned in one or more prior messages in this thread over the past few days, it might be easier and quicker to deal with returns or exchanges when buying from DD via Walmart instead of via their own website. I say this because whenever I've had to return something purchased from ImportCDs on ebay, it was a piece of cake, whereas doing so when buying something from ImportCDs' website is much more laborious and takes much longer to finally resolve. But maybe someone else can chime in about what it's like to return something bought from DD via Walmart.

14. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I can find their vendor page on the WM site but it only brings up 15-20 items. How do you get to their complete listing?

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

there are a few posts in the thread about this already. unfortunately not really a way to narrow things down and just see everything sold by DD. you have to search for deep discount then override the smart search then apply filters and go treasure hunting.

i honestly find it easier to just brows the DD site for items and then search walmart to see if its being sold cheaper by them there.

16. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

i think you're, some stuff doesn't appear unless you actually search the title

17. hype

hype Forum Resident

The Walmart site is a huge mess.. You can search like the Senator said and then select the music department and finally do a price range so it only shows up to whatever you put.

Even if you search the Walmart site with the full title there are times the first few results you see is the right item and might even be vinyl but not the exact one sold by DD and that could be on the 2nd or 3rd page after a bunch of random results in-between . You can put quotation marks as well which helps sometimes. Overall though, there is no perfect way so I prefer to search directly on DD, blowitoutahere on ebay, pop market etc. and know things will usually be a bit cheaper on Walmart (if I can find it).

It's kind of crazy how horrible these billion dollar businesses search engines still are but I'm just happy to see some good deals lately so I'll take on the extra leg work I guess.

18. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

superstar19, samwisefan, mur and 4 others like this.
  19. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

20. ramonesfan

ramonesfan Forum Resident

21. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Not true at all. DD sent me the Nada Surf CD instead of the LP, and I just left Walmart getting a refund scanning their return code as if it were straight from them.

22. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Excellent. Based on that I may order from DD again, that is only if the item is being sold through Walmart. Being able to avoid DD's inept customer service is the key to reducing issues and spending hours/days/weeks trying to deal with them.

23. HereIsNow

HereIsNow Forum Resident

I see Deepdiscount's Walmart page is showing both the Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler Private Investigations compilation and the new Money for Nothing Greatest Hits on vinyl for similar prices ($24-27). Given the choice which one's the better deal?...

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That Hawkwind compilation isn't a live compilation (although there are some live tracks on it). It's a career-spanning overview of their career. It got very mixed reviews, partially because it doesn't really offer anything new...but if you don't already own a Hawkwind overview, this one is pretty unassailable for $15.

25. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Exactly. This is a great overview of an excellent band.