Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

I know the more well known stuff by Golden Earring (Primarily Moontan and Cut) and I have dabbled in some of the other stuff but their catalog is so vast it's a challenge to really dive in. But that's the fun.

I really know nothing about New Musik. So that will be fun too I hope.

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  2. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I’m the opposite…I love the early pop stuff, and not much has grabbed me after they dropped the “s” from their name. Then again, I’m far more of a fan of concise ‘60s pop music than “classic rock,” when things got heavier and stretched out. I’m of that same opinion with a group like Status Quo.

Oh, and on topic, I picked up the New Musik LPs as well, so thanks to everyone for that tip off!

3. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yeah, definitely a challenge diving into their catalog. Don't do it blind. Check out the album by album thread for a lot of info about what different album styles etc are like.

P.S. I can't recommend their unplugged releases highly enough, especially the first one ("Naked" in all its flavors).

latheofheaven and wza97 like this.
  4. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

not sure if previously posted, but Moontan is $14.06

Robot or human?

I know absolutely nothing about this band, and this may seem trite to some, but these MOV reissues didn't even attempt to reproduce the original Polydor center labels. I might actually consider buying them had they done that. Instead it's a chintzy "Red Bullet" (?) label.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this pressing of moontan sounds very, very good.

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Dang, couldn’t pass this up (and not buy this, again) for the price!

7. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

mur, black sheriff, Tjazz and 3 others like this.
  8. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i picked ip the Bakersfield Sound and Merle Haggard Studio boxes yesterday, signed up with new email address for 10% off coupon and paid only $193 for the pair, been on my list awhile

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

when is DD going to finally get tired of storing those ridiculous achtung baby uber deluxe sets and discount them to $100/each??? i'm waiting!

10. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I'd certainly buy that for $100!

11. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Got the Yes Union 30 Live 4 LP vinyl set, the Iron Maiden From Fear to Eternity 3 LP picture disc set, and the Hawkwind 6cd Dust of Time box last week. All for $66, amazing price. Thanks for the heads up.

12. DapperGentleman

Next time your favorite Deep Discount item sells out before you can shag it, blame this guy. These were all listed to Discogs this afternoon ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  13. Mordax

Mordax Forum Resident

The seller must be a follower of the thread or of high quality deal searcher/posters like yourself @DapperGentleman .

I actually batted 100% on this sale and had no items cancelled. The last stuff arrived today.

Here is a completely unscientific opinion that I am not sure anyone has discussed earlier in the thread (I haven't looked). Some of these containers that were tied up in shipping for months due to the supply chain issues are starting to show up and there is an influx of supply hitting the distribution system here in the US. I think we could see some more regularity to blowouts in the coming months if they have nowhere to store all the product. I don't remember a past blowout having so much of any single product source (in this case MOV dominated the blowout from what I saw) which makes me think of container arrival even more as it would have all been shipped together.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i don't have any problem with someone doing as they see fit with the deals they take advantage of. sometimes i go a little too crazy with these sales and see that i can easily "flip" some of the items to recoup some of my $$$ and quell my buyer's remorse.

other times.... well, i have two crates full of stuff i've bought at closeout prices from DD, target, and urban outfitters that will probably be there for quite some time. oh well.

15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yea, I've flipped a handful of those "steals", maybe 10-20 but, have kept 200+.

16. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Luckily this big MOV blowout was posted all over the internet, from here to facebook to Bargains for the lovers of vinyl • r/VinylDeals

hoping most people who wanted any of this stuff grabbed it, and the flipper can sit on his inventory for a good long time.

17. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

A lot of that stuff is pretty obscure. I can't imagine they'll be selling much of it very quickly at those prices.

18. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

It is obscure - that's probably why it went for cheap

the question to me is why all those deals were posted to walmart.com (of all places) via deep discount - not their own site, not ebay, not importcds.com, popmarket, discogs, yadda yadda, whatever 26 other sites that company operates.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it has to just come down to their need to get rid of this stuff asap and walmart.com has a huge reach.

Starquest and latheofheaven like this.
  20. DapperGentleman

450 items just added to the Deep Discount Bin ...

... I'm not sure, they might have just enlarged the parameters for the Bin. I'm seeing lots of 30% discounts, new today to the bin. I don't think 30% discounts qualified before.

... I think they pulled the unsold inventory back to DD from Walmart's website. Most of the 'new' titles are ones we've seen before in the last several weeks. They have been re-stocked.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  21. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Seems like it’s been a long time since there’s been a deep discount coupon code. I swear I used to see one in my inbox every other week.

22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

23. DapperGentleman

24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

25. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

It's $258 on Pop Market. On DD, shipping is $25.99, so it's a total of $236.57 before sales tax there.