Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Can't buy...clown will eat me.

2. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

mur, Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  3. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

They are still around $20 with DD at Walmart

GentleSenator, J Luc, SJP and 2 others like this.
  4. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

These sets are fantastic.

mur, SJP, bRETT and 1 other person like this.
  5. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

$7.89 for this comp by 60s mods Fleur de Lys (about the same on ebay, more at Walmart)

$10 for this 3CD set by Edgar Jones/Summertyme, chap from garage revivalists the Stairs (cheaper at Walmart)

For the "punx not dead" crowd, this double 10" reissue of UK Subs' Endangered Species is $11 (misleadingly listed as a single)

6. UnknownEric

UnknownEric did not put the ram in the rama-lama-ding-dong

He was walking around with his head in the clouds. It made no sense at all.

7. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

On that note, mine's out for delivery! So far Ace of Base, Bob Mould, and Faith No More have come through for me. Still bummed about that Gene box set.

8. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Walmart also confirmed shipping of my Mould box, which I thoroughly expected them to cancel.

Hoping most of all that Bob already got paid...

9. killerofgiants

For sure, I would think (trying not to be cynical here) he's already been paid and these are just being written off. There were only 750 of the signed versions of this set and it seems like the warehouse had a ton of them. Bob came out with some absolute gems during this era and getting it all for ~$30 is insane. Hopefully some people unfamiliar with him picked it up during the sale and become new fans (how could you not after hearing these amazing albums?) - I'm sure Bob would love that.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yup, I'm sure Bob got paid, since these are not cutouts but retail overstock. Once the distributor bought them (one way), the label got paid, and Bob got paid.

In a just world, or in a better musical world, this deluxe box would have long ago sold out at full price. Sadly, with very few B&M stores and with sales of long-tail and even mid-tail items off a cliff, it's the reality of today: If you don't sell out in first few months, you gather dust.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  11. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

Mine is still "Preparing" at Wal Mart - I expect it to be cancelled.

12. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

The human mind is a strange animal. I received a total of five cancellations, none of which I was searching for that day, none of which I really ned, but I am here today, still stewing and grumbling about them and feeling somehow inadequate.

====================================

The Bob Dylan 'Triplicate' 3xLP Deluxe Box is showing in stock again at Popmarket and at DD. (I am not seeing it under that UPC 889854135119 at either WalMart or at EBay.)

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

has anyone had orders via walmart canceled?

i just placed another for some things that said only one left in stock. so far over the last couple months nothing from dd via wm has been canceled for me.

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  14. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I bought everything I had my eye on, assuming a good half would get cancelled. But apparently I am getting (and paying for) all of it!

15. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

After hearing everyone talk about the ace of base box, I saw a single copy on Walmart and ordered. That was on the 2nd and it's still "preparing." I ordered the mould and a few black francis lps at the same time, and they are on my doorstep. No cancelations yet.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  16. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I can relate to this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  17. Ringin

Ringin Well-Known Member

Received my Bob Dylan 'Triplicate' 3xLP Deluxe Box today from DD.

Biff Jones and latheofheaven like this.
  18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Got the Caravan box (plus Toyah Posh Pop, Grid/Fripp, Giancarlo Erra, and Yello 40 Yrs) today, from DD/Ebay. Still waiting for the Toyah/Humans box, which hasn't been cancelled yet, but hasn't shipped.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  19. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Style Council SHM was canceled; don't much care, I'll pick up the regular release for cheap at some point. Caught Beneath the Landslide is still "pending" at Walmart. I take cancellations as a sign from the universe that I need to take my foot off the pedal a bit (and any refunds will likely be spaffed away at the record store in due course).

20. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I just got a "delayed check back for updates" alert on the ace of base box. Probably a cancelation coming, I'm assuming.

latheofheaven likes this.
  21. Ringin

Ringin Well-Known Member

I received the Bob Mould box today from get_imports ebay. Ordered it before the Walmart listing, so I may have paid $10 more, but still a killer deal, in my opinion!

22. killerofgiants

Received it today too! Amazing set and the signature is the cherry on top. Love when box sets come with the perfectly molded styrofoam type thing so they arrive in good shape no matter how bad the warehouse mangles packing it.

samwisefan, latheofheaven and Ringin like this.
  23. Ringin

Ringin Well-Known Member

24. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Got my Mayall and my Caravan. Beautiful pieces and though I paid more at DD gan I would have at Walmart, I still feel I made out like a bandit.

Caravan is in a loose fitting, sealed PVC which makes me think it may have been opened. Everything is there, though. The Mayall is shrinkwrapped.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Mike6565, samwisefan, jhm and 3 others like this.
  25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

This was out of stock a few days ago. It's back in stock for $ 19.79 at Deep Discount, $22.00 at Popmarket.

[​IMG]
    • SAVE 65%
    • The Gregg Allman Tour (Limited Edition) (Grey & White Marble Vinyl) [Import]
    • (Limited Edition, 180 Gram Vinyl, Gray, White)
    • Artist: Gregg Allman
    • Format: LP

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    mur, Mike6565, samwisefan and 3 others like this.