Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Wow. The Sabotage box is SO much better than Technical Ecstasy.

Money well spent.
    Probably the band's most interesting album.
    Haven't listened to the live set yet, but I'm not expecting much.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Anyone else that ordered the Bowie-Brilliant Adventures box still waiting on a ship confirmation? I ordered on 04/14 with a delivery date of 04/19 - 04/24.

I also ordered the Prince-Sign of the Times 4LP set on the same day, but with a delivery date of 04/18 - 04/19. When 04/19 hit, it was cancelled and I was refunded. Kind of thinking the Bowie set will automatically cancel on the 24th. It seems like if it does not go out by the last delivery date, their system automatically cancels and refunds your order.

I wish they would cancel ahead of time if it is no longer available and in stock. I may have been able to get it from Walmart still.

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  4. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

WM it is expensive now.

5. aoxomoxoa

6. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

where did you order from ? I got the silent Refund on ebay through my paypal but the order still says it has the shipping/arrival dates , check your payment to see if you got refunded . I tried for one through ebay & then one for my girl through walmart & both got canned days ago .

8. aoxomoxoa

I bought it during the 15 percent off sale and got free shipping. I ain't no chump! :laugh:

jim249 and latheofheaven like this.
  9. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Yeah, I know it is now, but at the time it wasn't. That's what I mean, if they would have contacted me sooner that it was no longer in stock, I could have bought it from Walmart instead. But no chance now. That being said, they have still not cancelled my Ebay order, but still have not sent it either. Porbably will not cancel until it passes the delivery date, system generated.

10. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

From Ebay, the GetImportcds/etc. site on Ebay. I have not even gotten the silent refund yet. No cancellation nothing. I think that it is system generated through the Ebay site and won't officially cancel until the delivery date hits. Just my guess though. If they don't have it, why just cancel it noe and be done with it? Who know, maybe I will get lucky and it will still ship....but it's been a week and all of my other items are delivered already except the Prince LP which cancelled on the delivery date.

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  11. For me and others the live set was the biggest selling point of this Deluxe Box presentation. Tony's guitar tone is superb and it's a really good set list. Be aware though ... the live portion is made from an MP3 source. Sounds great to me (and I have the CD version of the Box), but there are many who feel cheated because of that and there are boots out there that surpass the sound quality of the one presented on this Box Set.

And yes ... Sabotage is interesting and a favorite of many. Enjoy!

12. DLD

DLD Senior Member

13. aoxomoxoa

Wait. What? They used an mp3 source? How did that happen?

Edit : I'm listening to this now. Sounds pretty ok to me.
    The performance is much better than the live set in the TE box. This was a killer deal for under $40.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Nothing like buying an inconvenient and perishable medium like vinyl, to find out it's mastered from a sub-CD source.

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

You probably wouldn’t have gotten it from Wal-Mart either though—remember this is all coming from the same warehouse.

Deep Discount filled the orders for Wal-Mart on the Bowie box, so if you didn’t get it from one Alliance-owned source (ImportCDs), chances are that you wouldn’t get it from a different one (Deep Discount through Wal-Mart).

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  16. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Most likely 100% true, but would have been nice to try. The biggest complaint I really have is, just let me know that it is no longer available instead of dangling this awhile. Anyway, fully expecting it to cancel on the 24th and have my payment refunded, so I'm not really losing anything.

latheofheaven, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  17. Well, yeah ... It's just one small part of the continuing saga that is the re-issues of the Black Sabbath catalog. :winkgrin:

18. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Well, they followed through and sent one of the two things they didn’t the first time around (Tattoo You). No actual shipping notification/tracking number but it came. The other is the Sabbath Sabotage which has been sold out for a while and I expected wouldn’t be available. However, no note, no refund, nothing. So I expect it will be back on the phone with them Monday asking for a refund. I’m a little glad, as this one was more of an impulse buy because of the price and I’m out of shelf room, but I’ve learned a good lesson here that a bargain can be more trouble than it’s worth. I doubt I’ll remember it next DD dump though!

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  19. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

20. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Got my Let It Be today through the media mail. You can all probably know what happened. Two corners crushed on the book, corners on the box and all four record sleeves. It wasn't packed very well and was obviously thrown. For the price paid I can live with it. Why I keep buying records mail order I don't know. I guess I will never learn.

21. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

My LIB outer box was beat to Hell, but the inner box protected everything 100%, no damage whatsoever.

22. Myke

Sure is, my Walmart DD and my direct DD travelled together, literally from Louisville to Hendersonville, down to the minute on tracking.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  23. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Mine was not in an inner box. It was in an open cardboard sleeve with the outer box. It was a loose mess that was not restrained at all. I live in Utah so mine traveled further and was handled more times also.

24. Myke

Sorry to hear that.

25. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

Looking closer at the packaging, it was actually shipped in the original box it was packed in. It has the sticker on the box from the pressing plant. it was not double boxed at all.