Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Sorry to take so long to respond. Fedex

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

boxes get moved through all shipping networks aggressively and quickly. welcome to logistics.

dd is known to pack inconsistently. that’s a risk we take for the great deals.

samwisefan, Myke and latheofheaven like this.
  3. DLD

DLD Senior Member

LIB boxes, FWIW -

The one I ordered from CD-Imports E-bay store came double boxed with other records (in LP mailers) in the outer box in the order to fill the void. Everthing perfect
    The one I ordered from Wal Mart (Deep Discount fulfilled) had no other records in the order and arrived in the regular LIB packing box which was a little dinged but the LIB boxset itself pristine

Couldn't happier, $74 all in for 2

4. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Update on my shipping problems (I received two partial boxes: one egregious- I received a single-LP mailer that was supposed to include several more LP's, and a less clear-cut example where I received a package that contained the two box sets I was expecting, but not the single LP's that were part of the same order and shipment.)

Good news: without further prodding on my part, get_importCDs refunded me on all the missing LP's from my first experience shown above.

On the other: they want to see a photograph of the mailing label. I'm not sure I still have that - I will search for it shortly.

5. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Re: missing items

I’m going to take inventory of everything I ordered vs. what I received tomorrow. It seems like they got everything right.

Well… almost everything.

I just got home from work, and the last of my shipments was sitting on my porch. Everything I ordered was included… but for some reason they also threw in about 15 extra copies of Widespread Panic’s “Everyday.”

Hope these weren’t meant for one of you guys, cuz you ain’t getting them :)

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

You should WIDESPREAD those while in such a panic :bdance:

How Bizarre :cop:

7. Ex-Oligarch

Ex-Oligarch Forum Resident

You know the distro really ordered too many copies when they start using them as packing flats.

8. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I thought I caught a similar, but much smaller, break. I ordered Coltrane's A Love Supreme from Wal Mart (fulfilled by DD). Received 2. Thought I got a freebie until I looked at my purchases. I bought, and was charged for 2. Looks like my son will be getting his first jazz album for his birfday

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Hey, that’s a pretty great first jazz album to get! A happy accident I say!

10. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

My second shipment with Mick Fleetwood/Peter Green and Live at Leeds came through unscathed. Packaged mucho better than my LIB shipment.

latheofheaven, hutlock and DLD like this.
  11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Glad to hear that! I see that the Live At Leeds is still there… I’ve been on the fence just because I already own SO many copies of it but if it hangs around until payday I might have to bite.

jim249 and latheofheaven like this.
  12. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Update to my shipping issues: without much problem, and without having to involve EBay or Paypal, get_importCDs refunded all of the records that did not make it into the packages they sent me. I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course, most of the records are 'irreplaceable' now since the prices have moved higher, but still I was relieved. I hope the others here who had similar issues had similar success.

cowboy72, ATMP, Davidmk5 and 2 others like this.
  13. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Same. Ultimately got everything I ordered but for Black Sabbath - Sabotage which was refunded two days ago. Irritating because I feel like I was in the early order group but probably not something I’d listen to often so I guess I’m better off spending the money on something else. I do wish their system was a bit more logical though.

14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Slightly unrelated, but my sabotage box had a really screwed up defective record.
    I just realized I bought it through pop market though on discogs.
    Now let's see how the return process goes

15. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

I sent something back bought via the EBay CDImports store and it was pretty seamless. It was unopened so I don’t know if that plays a factor or not.

16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You should, the sound is really really great. Bass lessons from The Ox himself.

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Do you have the whole concert on vinyl 3 LP? If not it's a no brainer

18. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

Just jumping in a few days late to say that Rejoice by Masekela and Allen is a fantastic album, and $12 is a ridiculous price.

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I already had the CD box w/a reissue of the original tracklist album , but couldn't resist the price.
    Now they sit side by side, just like the two Let It Be boxes.

20. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Alright, so between Ebay, DD, and Walmart, this is what i ended up with:

Black Sabbath - Sabotage LP box
    Black Sabbath - TE LP box
    Bowie - Brilliant Adventures LP box
    Rod Stewar LP Box
    The Black Keys - El Camino SDE LP Box
    ELP - Live LP Box
    Liquid Tension Experiment - LTE3 SDE Box
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Live in Paris 19 LP boxz
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Live in Brussels 19 Lp box
    Johnny Cash - Carousel Ballroom Lp box
    Overkill - Atlantic Year Lp box
    The Replacemets - Sorry Ma SDE box

220 Volt - Eye to Eye LP
    220 Volt - Power Games Lp
    220 Volt - Young & Wild Lp
    220 Volt - Mind Over Muscle Lp
    Angel Witch - s/t LP
    Annihilator - Set the World on Fire Lp
    Aretha Franklin - Yeah LP
    Aretha Franklin - Aretha LP
    Flotsam and Jetsam - No Place for Disgrace Lp
    Heathen - Victims of Deception LP
    Stanley Turrentine - Cherry LP
    Trey Anastasio - Burn it Down 3lp

Borknagar - s/t 2cd
    Degreed - Are You Ready CD (japan)
    Desultory - Into Eternity Cd (japan)
    Desultory - Bitterness Cd (japan)
    Iron Angel - Emeral Eyes Cd (japan)
    Lucifer - IV cd

mur, cowboy72, vinylvin and 6 others like this.
  21. harikamboji

harikamboji Forum Resident

Did anyone else get the live Can 3xLP set? I couldn't resist for like $15 or whatever it was. The golden swirled vinyl is absolutely beautiful. And as an added bonus, when you spin it on the turntable it plays noise! :laugh:

I haven't been able to bring myself to open the Black Sabbath Technical Ecstasy box set, after reading more about it here. The only albums of theirs I have are the first two and Heaven and Hell. I'd be interested to hear the album, but I don't think I need two versions, let alone 3 more LPs of a supposedly mediocre mp3-sourced performance. I'll have to decide whether I should try to sell it unopened to my local used record shop.

I guess my favorite purchase from this sale was the Marillion Fugazi box set. I'd never heard this band before, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

22. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

oh man Marillion is great, you cant go wrong with any of their albums from 83-95

23. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i had trouble with the qc and the sound was definitely not as great as 80s pressings, but for $10 it's worth a shot!