Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

I find inexpensive vinyl on DD all the time. Particularly on eBay with those 20% off coupons if you spend $65.

2. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

While I feel that referring to it as "deception" is greatly exaggerating the situation (as many others have expressed), I do have to say thanks for the Wayside reference on the King Crimson set. That is indeed a great price.

I had been looking for this set at a reasonable cost, so I do appreciate you letting people know about it.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Deep Discount has shut down their eBay store for some reason. Awfully strange timing, given the holiday season.

deepdiscount | eBay Stores

Old Rusty and latheofheaven like this.
  4. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Inventory?

5. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

Reopening on December 13, says the banner on the top of the page.

6. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

They're doing all the Pre-Christmas price hikes in anticipation of the Post-Christmas sales... probably. ;)

mur, black sheriff, JasonA and 3 others like this.
  7. Beholdentonoone

Just got a text from DD.

"VIP flash sale TODAY ONLY! 15% off in-stock items, use code VIP15. Expires 12/5 at 11:59 PM CT."

8. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Can you tell if there's any invisible text or text too small to read that says something like "...but we jacked up our prices beforehand to make you think you'll get a great deal!"

9. Beholdentonoone

My eyes were too blurry this AM to read the fine print at the bottom of the text so thank you for "translating" for me :tiphat:

10. TNhillbilly

TNhillbilly Doctor Wu

Awesome. Thanks!

Target screwed me on my Cats OJCs pre order, so I found it on DD and was holding it in my cart hoping they would send out a promo code this week. Under $30 with the code!

11. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

15% off with code JOLLY15

Have a great weekend everyone!

12. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Anyone have a new code?? I was looking to get some supplies but I just realized that the JOLLY15 code is expired

13. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

SANTAS gives you free expedited shipping on 2+ items.

14. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Yeah I ended up just using that one. I was hoping for the 15% off but with what I was getting the free expedited shipping might have been a better deal

latheofheaven and Dr. J. like this.
  15. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

About 600 new titles. A lot of European copyright expiration exploitation jazz and early rock LPs which are still overpriced. I’m sure there’s something in there for somebody but I looked at page 1 of Price sorted High to Low and vice versa and gave up.

16. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Thank you! Confirming from the left coast - not much there. Saving my money on the off chance Rough Trade does a blowout January sale.

17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’m actually finding a ton of stuff, but the discounts are all in the 20-25% range, so very much less than impressive. Adding a bunch to my wish list to keep an eye on in hopes that it drops more…

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  18. hutlock

19. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

20. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

21. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

This 2LP set of Brit electronica, Happy Land, looks kinda fun, but not super-cheap at 25.

the second Bluetones CD box is there for 28ish; I half-expect some of this stuff to pop up on Walmart for even cheaper in a day or two.

Windrush Rockers for $26, 3CD of black British music from the late 60s-early 70s, kinda similar to that Gotta Get a Good Thing Goin box in its scope. On Rubble, so probably good liner notes but questionable legality.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  22. Biittner Hair Flyin'

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  23. hutlock

I’m counting on that being the case because the markdowns on nearly all the stuff I want are pretty minimal.

24. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Thanks for the heads-up about the Bluetones set. I bought the first set for about $13 plus tax from Deep Discount on the Walmart site last year, and love it. I will do the same for this second set if it drops to a similar price there.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  25. hutlock

Bunch of the later albums are in the Bin on vinyl too, but that hardly makes financial sense unless you really really hate CDs!