Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

That's right, 15% off is expiring in 15 min. from now.

2. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

I have that and I think you'll enjoy it. Just be aware that the quad mix is quieter than the stereo presentation and also has more hiss present. That being said, it's a very active (think swirly sounds) quad mix at times. It makes for a fun listen IMO, however some folks have complained about the quality of the quad mix overall (I think about the overall sonics, not the mix itself).

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

There are two (2) albums by Santana in this series. The first Santana and Abraxis as well. I ordered them both but of course.

Which one are you giving me your impressions on?

4. GeraldB

GeraldB Forum Resident

Not sure if it's technicality the same series, but Lotus is also available in the same format (SACD w/quad mixes, 7" jacket).

5. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Sorry about that. I'm referring to Abaxas (I don't have the S/T).

6. Pali Gap

Pali Gap 'Why did you throw the Jack of Hea-arts awayyy?'

Ok, just saying 15% off $30 vinyl doesn’t do much for me..

7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

No, but if you can rack up enough to get free shipping, and then apply the 15% off, then you really are doing ok when compared to others' prices online.

SJP likes this.
  8. Pali Gap

Not Amazon, DD needs the discount to match Amazon prices...

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Sounds like you’re an Amazon shopper then. If you have a spot and you’re happy with it, just keep shopping there.

10. hutlock

New, not-as-good coupon just kicked off:
    TEAPOT gets you 10% off when you buy 3 or more in-stock items.

superstar19 and SJP like this.
  11. hype

hype Forum Resident

Most people here aren't going after new releases very often on DD so it's kind of irrelevant to talk about regular priced $30 albums tbh.. Much of these BargainBins and highly discounted records are much lower then Amazon or anywhere else (unless deepdiscount or one of there other stores are the seller on amazon, which also happens sometimes). If it still doesn't "do much for you" then hop back in the Amazon thread and ignore this one because it "does much for others".

SJP and hutlock like this.
  12. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I saved about $16 on the purchase of my two Japanese import SACDs, when you consider the $3.99 shipping on each and then add sales tax at Amazon.

hype, jhm and hutlock like this.
  13. Pali Gap

I'm just comparing vinyl prices, for the most part DD is higher. Please don't speak for 'most people here', I'm sure there are PLENTY of people buying new releases, considering the volume this company sells. But I can see Amazon makes people emotional around here lol...

14. hype

hype Forum Resident

I def. See "most" people discussing bargainbin items in the deep discount thread by a pretty large margin but alrighty.. sounds like you got all the answers anyways Pali pal. No reason to argue and nobodies getting emotional your replies just make no sense tbh for what "many" are going after. There's an amazon thread as well, js.

hutlock and SJP like this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what is wrong with you? this thread is about the deep discounts on deep discount. maybe try reading through it a bit more.

Gregalor, hutlock, hype and 4 others like this.
  16. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

:laugh:

I refrained from commenting something similar, but laughed when I saw your comment.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  17. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

If you have rakuten you get 3% back on deep discount, that adds up quickly. With sales + rakuten + frees hipping I do way better on deep discount than Amazon.

hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  18. Pali Gap

Lol, ok Senator. I'm don't think 10% off classifies as a deep discount by anyone's standards, so moot point.
    If you read my posts you'd know I'm talking only about vinyl, in which case 10/15% off their bloated vinyl prices (ie many titles around $30) is nothing to get excited over. Just my vinyl observation, YMMV obviously.

19. slipkid

slipkid Forum Resident

I've noticed that all of the sales alert emails that I've gotten from them for the past several weeks now specify IN STOCK ITEMS ONLY. Never used to say that. That means I can no longer use them for preorders which is what I mainly do. Oh well, the end of an era I guess.

20. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

The 10% code PLUNGE still works and works for preorders.

slipkid and Critter like this.
  21. slipkid

slipkid Forum Resident

Oh well, wish I knew that. I ended up buying some preorders elsewhere since all their coupons lately that were sent to me all specify IN STOCK ONLY. Actually I should have tried them anyway, who knows maybe it is just a bluff & they didn't restrict the coupon in the website purchasing code....

22. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

Heads up! I set an alert to notify me when The Triffids' Calenture 2 CD expanded edition came back in stock. Just received the email, and ordered for $5.45:

The Triffids Calenture [Import] on DeepDiscount

I also decided to use the PLUNGE promo code to pre-order the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and The Who Sell Out deluxe sets, even though I previously pre-ordered at Amazon. With the promo code, it's substantially cheaper at Deep Discount.

And (not that anyone really cares), after nearly a month's journey, Leo Sayer and Showaddywaddy arrived yesterday - the same day as the Gang Of Four box that they shipped on 3/10.

23. hutlock

Gang of Four, Leo Sayer, and Showaddywaddy all on the same day?! How will you choose what to play first?! LOL.

Juggsnelson and popscene like this.
  24. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

The answer was actually "none of the above." I also received the pink vinyl reissue of Dolly Mixture's Demonstration Tapes from Rough Trade yesterday, and that won out.

hutlock likes this.
  25. hutlock

Amen to that! Glad you got one! I got mine direct from the band about a month ago and it has been in constant rotation since (even though I’ve had the CD for a while now).

popscene likes this.