Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

WOW! I didn't even know about this thread. Thanks to you guys I just scored this!

[​IMG]

If this isn't a bloody steal, I don't know what is! Two of these are 2-LP MOV Imports. Best price on Amazon would have been somewhere in the neighbourhood of $85! Even at Discogs, it still would have easily been about $50-$60! :)

Thanks kindly guys! [​IMG]

2. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

yeah I grabbed the Scorpio Rising last time they ran a coupon—fantastic deal!

latheofheaven likes this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Almost want to buy those Death In Vegas sound-unheard based on that reaction. Nice score!

latheofheaven, Juggsnelson and Tjazz like this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

OK, dug into Death In Vegas and between the vibe and guest vocalists, I’m in. Added a triple LP Kent b-sided vinyl set (a Swedish pop/rock band I’ve been into for years) and the 15% discount, I’m out the door for about $35. Thanks for the lead!

And it seems we have made the above mentioned Teenage Fanclub albums the bargain bin best sellers (when sorted by music).

6. hutlock

So I have original Merge vinyl on those two Teenage Fanclub LPs, but I would like the bonus 7” singles (even though I have those tracks already but for the price...) Has anyone compared the sound on these new reissues to the Merge releases?

7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Any 15% codes that are working right now?

8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I think the discount expired earlier today. DD codes usually expire at noon-ish on the ending date.

9. hutlock

I have to think there will be another one before Halloween. Seems they do one every two weeks or so.

10. latheofheaven

That's awesome, but how the heck could one possibly condense 50 years of the mighty Jethro Tull on ONE disc...???! No frigg'n way... [​IMG]

I mean, don't you think that at LEAST it should have been a 2-LP set?

Lethrus, mike65!, sennj and 2 others like this.
  11. latheofheaven

Thanks my Brother! Well, I've always really loved the Tripp Hopp/Leftfield sound that came upon the scene about 25 years ago. Even with my quite extensive FLAC collection and even having an entire folder dedicated to this Genre, I only had some really old MP3's that I'd downloaded probably 20 years ago, and nothing on vinyl. So, it is an amazing opportunity to shag these now at these unbelievably low prices!

I would suggest, though, definitely give the streams a listen first on Amazon to make sure that you would even like this rather minimalist / Shoegaze hybrid type of sound before purchasing. I did likewise on the also very low priced Levellers and Teenage Fanclub albums that you kindly suggested above. I really liked some of it. They both sounded pretty good and rather tempting... :)

SJP likes this.
  12. latheofheaven

Hey, that's great man! I'm glad you liked the 'Vibe' That's a good word I think to describe that type of sound. I think that is why I like the Genre so much, because it has a very distinctive mood and feel to it... I mean, there ARE other groups that do it probably much better, but these guys are pretty good. Something more heavily layered and deeply moody like Massive Attack or Tricky or even say the Sneaker Pimps or Portishead, would likely be stronger examples.

SJP likes this.
  13. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

3 days of the condor is a fun record, jazz, funk... worth the flyer on your next blowout bin coupon binge if it's still there and your still searching...

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  15. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

And they’ve added a bunch of new titles, including Elvis Presley’s debut LP on Friday Music blue vinyl, and a couple of lesser-loved Dylan albums.

16. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

As noted in another thread in the forums, Deep Discount also has the Bear Family "At the Louisiana Hayride Tonight" box set (20 discs and book) for $92.69 before the discount or $83.42 after the discount (not factoring in shipping). Great price for this box set.

17. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Amazing value!

18. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Using the MISTLETOE code brings the new Beatles Singles set down to $186.07.

Just sayin'...

- Kevin

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I know I'm always looking here for something to add to the cart. Here's what I picked up today.

Buffalo Tom - Big Red Letter Day
    LP 1 $7.38

Sand - Golem
    LP 1 $11.64

The Carter Family: 1927-1934
    5xCD $11.81

Plus 10% off. Thanks for the heads up @SJP

Here's a great deal on a 2017 RSD Flat Duo Jets box $15.51.

I paid $47 for it on release. I'm a fan.

This is the first time "The Outtakes" and "(In Stereo)" have been released on vinyl.

[​IMG]
    Flat Duo Jets ‎– Wild Wild Love
    Label:
    Daniel 13 ‎– D13-004
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, 10", Compilation, Reissue
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Vinyl, 12", EP, Reissue, Remastered
    Box Set, Compilation, Limited Edition
    US
    Released:
    22 Apr 2017
    Genre:
    Rock

Flat Duo Jets - Wild Wild Love

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

21. hutlock

Oh DAMN!!! Ordering that NOW! Thanks for the tip guys!

EDIT: says it is on back order now... knowing how DD usually works that means I missed it, right?

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yep, backorder pretty much means you missed it.

latheofheaven and John Lloyd like this.
  23. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I ordered the Duo Jets, didn't say backordered when i ordered, guess we'll see, thanks. I also ordered a Moving Sidewalks comp, i'd been eyeing but had not checked out on Deep Discount, it was 16 bucks. Good price. Thanks all.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

And they're now showing a price of $47.41 if you click on that link. You might want to cancel the order, lest they get some more in stock and charge you full price!

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  25. hutlock

The bargain price was still there but it definitely said Backorder when I checked it.