DeepDiscount Blowout Bin

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by elsanto, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Forum Resident

Just a comment on the last order, the JD Souther Tenderness is so awesome. Definition or sublime, and adult and really hittin it on the head. The Billy Childish single is so cool. Just a rockin double side. Great. The Folkways banjo reisssue is so cool. Short pieces from the 50s in the Scruggs style. Such a gem. The CD of Abelardo Barroso, Cha Cha Cha, is great. Just old Cuban stuff. So good. All beutiful packages too. The CD of Abelardo is so well done. Great order. All blind stuff i didn't know too. Just searching the Deep Discount sale stuff.

2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I too bought the JD Souther album from the discount bin, although it was awhile ago. I too was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Very well done if you dig JD' s style.

Now it looks like I should grab that Billy Childish too!

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  3. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Forum Resident

The Childish is just a nice rockin' double side. Kind of like if The Kingsmen reuinited. Great stuff.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

I grabbed it thanks to your earlier tip—it is indeed great. I can’t keep up with all the billions of releases that Billy has done over the years but whenever something pops up at a good price with his name on it, I dive in.

Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

I hadn’t been through the CDs in the Blowout Bin for a while so I paged through last night... lots of good new listings there, and they STILL have Pink Floyd’s The Wall for less than $7! Geez!

6. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Well-Known Member

Lovely prices on some items, but buyer beware -- horrible packaging. I knew before I even opened the woefully thin mailer that my order was very, very warped.

And, of course, postage makes it too expensive to attempt an international return... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Yeah I try to consolidate my orders so there is enough in there that they will have to send it in a box at least.

blewmaearsout and psulioninks like this.
  8. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Well-Known Member

That does sound like a sound practice, but I think we can both agree that the retailer should bear the onus of responsibility to make sure things arrive safely, not the purchaser.

I did remember that I had used PayPal when purchasing, so I guess I get to test their Return Shipping On Us program, as well as Deep Discount's refund policies. :-popcorn:

9. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Yes, we definitely both agree on that.

blewmaearsout and latheofheaven like this.
  10. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I guess I was very fortunate then. They sent my 2 Death In Vegas and Insomnium albums in a decent box. Maybe as mentioned above it might have been because of ordering 2 double and 1 single album together...

hutlock likes this.
  11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I haven’t experienced a packaging issue with DD or related companies. Several have come in those corrugated press packages that many don’t like so much but even those have been surprisingly effective.

latheofheaven likes this.
  12. hutlock

hutlock Forum Resident

Yeah I haven’t had any issues either, even in those packages. Though I do prefer to order in larger quantities to ensure a box of possible as I mentioned upthread.

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  13. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

The 2014 LP remaster of Destroyer from Kiss is $7.14. You can get 15% off your order with code NEWYEAR. Coupon expires Wednesday January 15, 2020, at noon CT.

14. Juggsnelson

That one is a no brainer. Those remasters save for the Ace Lp sound great.

15. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I have an original in nice shape, but needed an extra title in order to reach the free shipping requirement for stuff I already had in my cart for a few days as I waited for a new coupon to show up. Saw this today, and now my order is complete!

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  16. Juggsnelson

If anyone is looking for an entry point into the amazing work of Willy Deville, the Collected 2LP is chock full of outstanding music. A steal at the Blowout Bin price