DeepDiscount Blowout Bin

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by elsanto, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I need one! A few pre-orders I want to jump on.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. Juggsnelson

They also seen to have abandoned their blowout vinyl section on their EBay store. Great coupons over there too but hardly any new listings.

3. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Is it me, or is their ebay store an absolute nightmare to navigate ?

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. Juggsnelson

I stick strictly to the blowout vinyl bin and have it sorted by the items added most recently. This way I can just refresh the screen and see if there are any new items.

5. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip ... I usually once every 6 months go through all of them ... with a nice cold beer, it is not that terrible, but I will go with your approach from now on ;)

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

If you sort them into pages of 250, it seems to go a lot faster — there are usually only 1,500 or fewer LPs in there, so it breaks down to about 5-6 pages that way lol.

7. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Thanks guys ... I was very happy that I collect vinyl and not CDs ... cause that list is way more extensive lol

8. hutlock

Ha yeah. Tell me about it. Lol

Juggsnelson, latheofheaven and TBos like this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

u2's "no line on the horizon" must have sold well with the blowout (see: reasonable) price as it's now back up to $49 (what). i bought one as a second copy to help make me feel better about paying twice as much initially.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  10. hutlock

Looks like the clear version is gone but the black vinyl for $14 is still in stock.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  11. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Received my clear version of U2's "No line on the Horizon", earlier this week. Packaging and records look great -- looking forward to listening to it later on today. Not too familiar with the record, actually I never even listened to it via the web or cd.

superstar19, Boomy and Juggsnelson like this.
  12. Juggsnelson

I got mine as well and this pressing sounds pretty great. Nice packaging too!

13. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Yeah, the plastic sleeve that it came in was nice touch, too.

14. Boomy

Boomy Forum Resident

Mine is somewhere in USPS land

15. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

That PVC sleeve on the U2 needs to go in the closet away from my records. Glad the hype sticker came off so easily and there’s a sealed gatefold like the original. PVC covers have caused some problems in my collection so they go in the closet.

16. Juggsnelson

I hate that they still put records in those....With the hype sticker on it no less.

17. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Interesting, had no idea. Thx.

groovelocked and Juggsnelson like this.
  18. Boomy

Boomy Forum Resident

Hey finally got a real update: it's in Motown this morning. Hopefully will get it early next week!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  19. Juggsnelson

Those sleeves can emit gasses that cloud records.,.and not just the ones contained in the sleeve either. Luckily the U2 hype sticker peels right off so you can apply it to a replacement non PVC sleeve.

20. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Sorry for the off-topic question, but are these the heavy, thick sleeves, often with flaps, like MOV used to use?

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

So no Memorial Day weekend 15% off coupon, what's up with that? I dropped an order on Friday morning for one of the Split Enz vinyl 5/22 reissues because those seemed to be disappearing everywhere (particularly because Mental Notes had already gone backorder on the DD site). I swore that I'd be burned by a coupon later that day, that is just my luck.

Perhaps pandemic demand and ability to effectively ship means they don't need to put coupons out there. On a related note, the eBay price spike on importCDs remains in place despite the return of the 20% off $65+ as evidenced by the prices of the stuff in my cart compared with the current ask. What was once a difficult promotion to resist has become rather easy to pass up.

22. hutlock

Yep, that’s the kind we are talking about.

23. hutlock

I am also pretty shocked by the lack of a coupon, but DD moves in mysterious ways!

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  24. dcarwin

dcarwin Active Member

Got Soundgarden yesterday. Hope it restocks soon for y'all.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  25. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

They are currently running a 10%/15% off Buy More Save More sale on Horror and Sci-Fi. I don't think they run site wide 15% off sales while the Buy More Save More sales are in progress. It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to get customers to "Buy More". Current sale ends 5/31/20.

Juggsnelson and black sheriff like this.