Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

DeepDiscount Blowout Bin

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by elsanto, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I just received confirmation about three days ago that my order from Import Cds's has shipped. I'd ordered a copy from UDiscover which came about a month ago so I'm going to have two copies!

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Send one to @samwisefan!

3. Patanoia

Patanoia Forum Resident

4. DLD

DLD Senior Member

If there were only another cupla albums in the Blowout Bin to get me to free shipping threshold. I own a pristine vintage copy of this most fine
    album but wouldn't mind the white vinyl.

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I recommend this as as an absolute steal, if you do the CD thing, that is.

Toyah & the Humans Noise In Your Head [Import] on DeepDiscount

Art pop/rock with progressive leanings. And with Toyah Wilcox leading the way, what' s not to like?

(They must have had a ton of these, can't believe it is still available.)

6. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

Pointing out that the dB's "Revolution of the Mind" EP that's been kicking around for awhile is now $3.99. Title song is a non-LP Holsapple song that was one of the very best things they cut for the reunion album. This will likely disappear eventually, so GET IT.,

7. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

Thanks! I saw the band's brief US tour and was glad to snap this up.

Amazon has it for cheap too, but their price of $19.29 (before shipping) is still more than the $17.49 total (after tax/shipping) on DD.

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, can't beat this deal...(Toyah box).

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. hutlock

Post Xmas 15% sitewide coupon code:

GIFT4ME

10. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Yes, you can. ;)

11. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

Well, color me impressed. I went to my mailbox today and The Style Council set was waiting for me. What a beautiful set, and obviously incredible at that price!

12. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

As I'm still fairly new to the Blowout Bin, I have a question...

Does the "Available Date Newest" sorting option actually work? Or is it just that they haven't posted any new stuff in a long time?

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That search is a bit wonky but usually it'll offer a clue that the bin has been reloaded, even if only with a few new items. Just watching the total number of items under music won't reveal these occasional small reloads.

14. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

It does to a point. When they restock the bin you usually will notice some new items close to the top of the first page. It seems like they only restock it about once a month.

15. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Is it around the same time every month, or does it vary?

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Any after Christmas sales promo codes for DD or Imports? My cart is loaded, but I don't want to regret not waiting an extra day or two.

17. riverrat

riverrat Forum Resident

Exactly. Sorting through that bin is one of the biggest wastes of time I've engaged in lately.

latheofheaven and DLD like this.
  18. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I go to it, sort by Newest, and if nothing new pops up, same old Frozen, Willy Deville, Tanita, Johnny Marr, I'm gone

19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

No rhyme or reason far as I can tell but then again, I just always have the page up and refresh it a few times day lol! I'm thinking we are due a new batch though!

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  20. hutlock

Yeah there definitely isn’t any kind of set date or time frame but the big dumps to tend to come roughly once a quarter (ie four times a year). I’m guessing that is roughly how often they do inventory there and do a big purge of the stuff that is overstocked, going OOP or have new editions coming out, getting near the return deadline to the labels, etc.

So yeah, we should see a big purge around the end of the month I think? We shall see if my approximate timeline is accurate...

21. hutlock

This is a decent way to do it but the “Newest Added” refers to when it was added to DD and not specifically to the Bin itself, I think? So it could be that a release has been around a while but came out a few years back and then you won’t see it in the first couple of pages...

I usually sort for vinyl only, then go highest price to lowest and do the listings for 250 a page. That way there are only 4-5 pages to flip through as opposed to having to reload every 25 items... that adds a lot of time. only takes me like 20 minutes to go through all of the LPs once a week.

CD bin is a whole different matter entirely. Lol.

jason202, DLD, samwisefan and 2 others like this.
  22. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

How is the cd bin different?

23. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Fair point. Also, # of titles is an indication. Blowout Bin Vinyl has been hovering in the 850-900 range for a few months. I'm waiting for the day it's at 1,400 or something materially higher than what it's been at recently. That'll get me sifting thru the inventory again

24. hutlock

Well roughly 10x more titles is one thing. It’s painful to go through the whole thing at all because the number of titles available is more than how many it will even let you look at — so if you sort low to high, you get about half the bin. Then you can sort from high to low to see the other half. But even then there might be a bunch stuck right in the middle that you can’t get to.

Also the CD bin is positively packed with foreign titles. Tons of Asian and EU titles by folks that I’ve never even heard of.

One of the best ways to look is by Genre because you can filter out a lot of that stuff to a degree, but even still you are apt to find a handful of things filed under genres that are not even close to reality.

So basically a lot more titles, making for a lot more variables, making it a lot more unwieldy to go through.

25. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Member

I remember finding a bunch of discounted vinyl in the Blowout Bin in like April or May. Egypt Station by Paul McCartney, Wandering Spirit by Mick Jagger, Everyday Life by Coldplay, Carole King's greatest hits, etc which all sold out or raised in price.

Since summer though it hasn't seemed to have been updated.