Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

DeepDiscount Blowout Bin

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by elsanto, Jul 3, 2019.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I didn't do a sort. I went to the Bin, checked the vinyl box (which showed 711) and when the records were listed, 697 showed up, pre any kind of sort. Just did it again, same result. Confusing it is

Blowout Bin on DeepDiscount

2. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

I'm not a vinyl guy but I took a quick look through the LPs in the bin. Pickings were slim but I saw one album that I can highly recommend - The Audreys LP "Til My Tears Roll Away". The Audreys are an Australian rock / folk / Americana duo who have won numerous awards in Australia across a 15 year career. Vocals are sung by Taasha Coates and the majority of the instrumentation is played by Tristan Goodall. They have some similarities with Buddy and Julie Miller (when Julie's doing the singing) or Shovels & Rope. Listen to the first 15 seconds of the first track, My Darlin' Girl, and tell me if it doesn't grab you - especially with lyrics like "He says, My darling girl, I'm gonna love you till I leave this world". Then listen to the crunchy guitar riffs and bass that drive the next track, Baby, Are You There, and I guarantee that you'll be hooked. It's still a little pricy at $15.67 if you're taking a flyer on this album but a hell of a lot cheaper than the $71.99 rack rate given it is an Australian import.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

4. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

I'll point again to the Alarm and dB's EP's on page one. Really, what can you lose for ten bucks total?

Poor Barry Gibb is still stuck on page three. Even the retrospective Bee Gees love isn't helping them get rid of that.

5. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

7. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

8. superstar19

superstar19 Outlaw Deadbeat

Gregalor, samwisefan, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  9. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Enter promo code MARDIGRAS
    and save an additional 15% on everything site-wide.

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Great, I can finally get that Frozen II soundtrack for $5. /S. Seriously, gonna review their regular selections later tonite when I get a fresh 40 minute "power on". I'm at then end of the current one and will lose power in 3, 2, 1.....

latheofheaven likes this.
  11. rubberhead

rubberhead Irie Outlaw

[​IMG]
    HELL AND FIRE WAS SPAWNED TO BE RELEASED

12. Juggsnelson

Very clever lol!!

13. bRETT

bRETT Forum Resident

Not sure if it was already there, but Brian Wilson's No Pier Pressure can now be found on page 3. $11/25 for the double vinyl.

Also, Miie Love's Unleash the Love is on page 4,and I'm sure everyone was waiting for that.

14. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Both have been there for a very, Very, VERY long time.

15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Just a heads up, we bought No Pier Pressure (on cd) in advance of Brian's tour coming to town in support of it. I was taught, when I was young, that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Regarding the album......

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  16. superstar19

Came so close to ordering it last year. Think I was looking for extra items to get to free shipping. Sounds like I made the right decision!

17. yamfan

yamfan Well-Known Member

Got Trespass soundtrack, import picture disc, Jazz Contemporary, and the Stripes soundtrack. All for less than $30. Thanks.

18. popscene

popscene Forum Resident

I think about half of the material complements That's Why God Made The Radio nicely, so it depends on what you think of that particular album. The other half is varying degrees of atrocious.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  19. superstar19

I think I liked about half of God/Radio. Good to know but I think I'll sit this one out.

20. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Looks like there’s about 200 more LPs in there this morning, including a few box sets. Not a whole lot stood out but I was somehow compelled to buy the Wedding Album by John and Yoko for $5.99. I’ve got a problem....

21. Juggsnelson

Some good box sets as you mentioned including 2 of the Leo Sayer sets for 3.99 each, Simple Minds, Keane, Belinda, etc...

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

23. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Tried a couple of the box sets, but were deemed to be too heavy for international shipping (to Canada). The two Leo Sayers' went through though. Let's see if they make it!

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

And here come the cancellation notices...

3 King Crimson Collectors Club titles cancelled. Insanely cheap at $3.99.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  25. Juggsnelson