Degritter Users

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WntrMute2, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

Damn........They say the price is about the same as the old model, I just bought it last month, which is annoying

2. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

I got mine a year ago but I was thinking, what about the people who just bought it recently?
    In an email talking about the $7000 Reference model that is to be released on May 2023 (again according to that email), there is a trade-up program available for the current Degritter owners.
    Maybe, if you contact them directly and tell them that you bought your Degritter recently they will let you exchange it with the new one, as they both cost the same.

Charile likes this.
  3. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

I don't think it's possible:cry:, but I'll try to ask

5-String likes this.
  4. PATB

PATB Recovering Vinyl Junkie

Music Direct is offering the current version at a discount, I guess in anticipation of the Mark II.

[​IMG]

recstar24 likes this.
  5. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Hifi heaven offering a similar promotion (where I got mine from). My guess is that all related dealers are running similarly

6. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

:(:(:(

7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

$7000 for the new model? Is that true?

8. drmoss_ca

drmoss_ca Vinyl Cleaning Fiend

I believe the original model will still be available, so it can't be that they need to move the old stock out. Or does Music Direct assume that analog buyers are so damn' rich they will all want the Pro model for 6-7k?

Tommyboy likes this.
  9. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Not for the Mark II, $7000 is the price of the Reference model.
    This from the email that was send back in June 29

Tommyboy likes this.
  10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

thanks!

5-String likes this.
  11. Sorry if I overlooked it, but is there a list of changes for the Mark II? I was about to pull the trigger on one of the current units this week, but will wait if there are substantial improvements coming.

12. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

From a post on pg 125

Anyone here is thinking of upgrading to the Mark II model?
    It will be available on November 25.
    The Pulse Mode and the Frequency Sweep look interesting:

A)Pulse Mode cleaning is a feature offered by the Power Drive 2.0 ultrasonic generator. During pulsing, ultrasonic transducers rapidly switch on and off at high power. This gives enhanced cavitation in water, but keeps the average power consumption low.

B)The driving frequency of the Power Drive ultrasonic generator sweeps between 120-125 kHz. This evens the cavitation energy distribution in the water, minimizing losses and giving a uniform cleaning action.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  13. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

14. PATB

PATB Recovering Vinyl Junkie

This Norwegian dealer talks about the Mark II (I enabled Google Translate):

Degritter Mark II

Charile and Greenmonster2420 like this.
  15. Thanks for the responses. I’m not sure these features are worth whatever added cost may be involved, but I think the prudent choice may be to wait until release to see the cost and more detailed descriptions/reviews of the improvements.

bloodlemons likes this.
  16. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

New model adds two extra ultrasonic transducers and Power Drive 2.0 NEW
    Maybe it's $4000(?

PATB likes this.
  17. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

I just asked the dealer in Hong Kong and they told me the same price as the old model 28000HKD

PATB likes this.
  18. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Here is the full reference from the email that was send two days ago:

Degritter MARK II

Today, we’d proudly like to announce the new MARK II model of our popular Degritter machine. This will become available for purchase for everyone starting from next week, on the 25th of November at a similar price point as the previous Degritter model.

The Degritter MARK II is a more efficient and user-friendly take on the classic Degritter (which, in our slightly biased opinion, is the world’s best ultrasonic record cleaner ) comes with new and improved functionalities and perfected user experience. More on all the updates and technical details below.
    [​IMG]

Degritter MARK I

We’d like to assure all current Degritter owners that we’ll keep on supporting the previous model, which will now be designated as MARK I. Together with the new software upgrade released last week, these machines are still stellar and share most of the features and pedigree with the MARK II. For those about to tip their toes into the Degritter experience for the first time, you may also want to look out for great deals with our distributors on these machines.

Degritter MARK II Features

The new Degritter MARK II machines include all the best features of MARK I, but builds on it with a more efficient ultrasonic architecture and improved ease of use.

Designed For You
    • Distinctly Automatic
      The Degritter is fully automatic, requiring no additional effort after the cleaning cycle has started. Use the free time for listening to records instead of cleaning them.

• Simple Water Management
      The machine has a convenient removable water tank for replacing cleaning water.

• Perfect Touch Buttons NEW!
      We have perfected the feel and function of the machine’s buttons. The rotations and presses provide most satisfying feel you will be unable to let go of.
    Ultrasonic Cleaning Architecture
    • 4 Transducer Layout
      Ultrasonic cleaning tank that’s in Degritter is purpose built for vinyl records. The tank has two ultrasonic transducers on either side emitting 120 kHz ultrasonic vibrations, evenly distributing the cleaning energy across the record's surface.

• Power Drive 2.0 NEW!
      • Pulse Mode NEW!
        Pulse Mode cleaning is a feature offered by the Power Drive 2.0 ultrasonic generator. During pulsing, ultrasonic transducers rapidly switch on and off at high power. This gives enhanced cavitation in water, but keeps the average power consumption low.

• Frequency Sweep
        The driving frequency of the Power Drive ultrasonic generator sweeps between 120-125 kHz. This evens the cavitation energy distribution in the water, minimizing losses and giving an uniform cleaning action.

• 300 Watts
        The average power output of all the washing programs is 300 W. This makes Degritterthe most powerful ultrasonic record cleaner on the market per liter of water. The higher 120 kHz driving frequency keeps your records safe.
    Clever Features
    • Active Filtering
      Cleaning water is pumped through a replaceable filter during washing. Continuous filtration keeps removed dirt from ending back up on the record.

• Record Safe Temperature Control
      Degritter monitors water temperature and prevents it from rising to levels harmful for vinyl records. High temperatures are managed by automatic cooling cycles.

• Smart Drying
      Records are dried by a flow of filtered air. Both the drying time and fan speed can be adjusted to keep noise levels in check and to prevent static electricity build up.

• Postwash Rinse Option NEW FOR MARK I & MARK II
      Degritter supports rinsing records during washing cycles with the help of a separate water tank.

The MARK II will become available from our dealers and website starting from next week. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best,
    Degritter Team

PATB likes this.
  19. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

Curious, where did you see/hear it adds 2 extra transducers? I don't see that in either PatB's or 5-string's posts.

20. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

I thought the original model only had two ultrasonic transducers, just checked it was four, wrong info lol

madrac likes this.
  21. r.Din

r.Din Seeker of Truth

This means the price has dropped from the anticipated $7000??

22. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

no. this is an update to the first machine (pretty similar in my opinion). the 7k one (eg Reference model) is still to be released. At least this is how I understand it.

bloodlemons, r.Din, recstar24 and 3 others like this.
  23. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Yes, what @madrac wrote, that's how I understand it too.

madrac and Charile like this.
  24. Charile

Charile Forum Resident

Check their instagram, 6 ultrasonic transducers, 80/120Khz dual frequency cleaning

5-String likes this.
  25. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

This is for the future Reference model, correct?