Degritter Users

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WntrMute2, Jun 30, 2019.

1. j.barleycorn

j.barleycorn Forum Resident

Hi....brand new Degritter owner. Only had machine for a week. Cleaned less than 10 lps. Turned it on got an add water warning. So added water. Then hit start to run a Medium clean and after 5 seconds or so got a NO WATER screen. Tried reseating tank that made no difference. Tried to do Machine Maintenance by pressing and holding left button and immediately press right button and machine turns off.
    Then went to their website an tried the below and still get NO WATER screen.
    "It may also be caused by a clogged pump or valve. Try starting a washing program and cancel it by pressing the leftmost button after 5 seconds to start the draining process. Repeat start and cancel procedures for 5-10 times. Pumping water back and forth may jumpstart valve or pump"

WTF? I just got this a week ago. Anyone else dealt with this? If so would appreciate help. Otherwise will try their help line tomorrow if not worked out this gets returned.

2. j.barleycorn

OK....well next move was turning the power switch off in back letting it sit for a minute and then turning it back on. Put an LP in pressed the right button, quietly prayed and lo and behold it started to work.
    Just finished a Medium clean. That was frankly rather disturbing and frustrating after having this less than a week. Hope this isn't a lemon.

3. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

I seem to recall someone else having that issue (or maybe it was leaky water tank) and posting on this thread. I wouldn't be too worried if your machine acts up as Degritter has been excellent in addressing issues based on multiple posts here. Maybe send them an email explaining what happened, what you did, and how resolved - they may have other suggestions and also would be good for you to have it documented with them, IMO.

recstar24 likes this.
  4. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

There’s a lot of software running the degritter, so when I have had an issue (for example, sometimes the middle of the display screen goes blank) I use the tried and true method of turning off, unplugging, and waiting a couple of minutes before turning back on so it reboots fully. This has solved all minor issues for me.

JohnK

5. dangorange

dangorange Forum Resident

I recall having a similar issue regarding No Water when I first got my Degritter, over a year later its never happened again.

6. elvismcdouglas

elvismcdouglas Forum Resident

New Degritter owner here, too. Mine has been in operation for a week and a half. The little screen on the front is receding into the machine, and pushes further in every time I use the right button (no matter how softly I press the button). The right button is also nonresponsive about 70% of the time. When I press the left button, the screen seem to press out (and almost looks to be where it's supposed to be). The screen can also pretty easily be pushed into the machine, seems very fragile. Anyone else experience this?

I noticed they have a customer service number in England, which is already closed this morning. Do most people email them or call?

Thank you -

7. dangorange

dangorange Forum Resident

That doesn't sound right, they are good about emailing. They've been stellar so far with customer service on my end.

8. thegage

By the way, what’s the most current firmware for the MK2?

9. j.barleycorn

I just updated my new machine after the issue I had. The latest firmware is 3.0

10. thegage

Thanks. Maybe I'm dim, but I can't seem to find that info on their website.

JohnK

11. j.barleycorn

Go here…..
    Support | Degritter

12. td320_vinylist

td320_vinylist Forum Resident

I have had the mark II for a month or 3 now and also have frequent "no water" warnings. The first warning showed up after about 100 cycles. I emailed Degritter and they said the pumps were fine, and they were working on a solution (this was mid january). Advice was to turn the machine off and back on again after 10 seconds.

When the "no water" warning comes up, I just press the right button again, and in most cases the machine will continue filling and start the cycle. In some cases the machine will drain first and then refill. So no powering off required in my experience (I'm now at 1300 cycles). The occurence of the warning is not predictable. Sometimes two times in 4 records, sometimes I can go 15 records without seeing it.

Some other minor issues I have encountered: sometimes a small rectangular block in the display is filled with white pixels, like "noise". Powering off and on remedies this. And twice now the display suddenly took on a very distinct yellow color cast. The whites looked yellowish, the blues green. Again, powering off and on remedied this. And after the automatic maintenance cycle, the machine starts the pervious menu item (in my case a medium cycle), so I have to change the record quickly during the maintenance cycle, or it gets washed twice. Degritter is aware of this issue. Same thing with the "clean filter" warning. If you press the right button, it will start (in my case) a medium cycle.

j.barleycorn likes this.
  13. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

So I bought the Degritter on Wednesday, set it up on Thursday night and cleaned 4 or 5 records, then another 6 or 7 Friday morning. Was all downhill from there. Got the No Water warning but was able to get it working again. Then I noticed that it's leaking around the rear side housing on the right side (near the filter). Do you guys think I got one with a water tank not fitting properly issue?

BTW, I love this thing. Just disappointed that I've been having issues within 24 hours of using it.

14. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

If the leak is from the filter housing, checkbthat the o-ring is there & seated properly after first checking if the housing is tight. A US quarter works well as a “screwdriver”

15. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

I unscrewed the filter housing, there is no o-ring that I can see. No idea how to share photos on here. Are there any links as to what it should look like when I unscrew the housing?

16. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

if someone could e-mail me photos of what it should look like when the o-ring is on the cap and what size I would need to buy, that would be great. email is mrbuckethead@hotmail

17. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

replaced the o-ring, think i solved the leak issue but now i'm dealing with the no water error again. think i'm at my wits end with being frustrated with this machine, probably going to return it

18. madrac

madrac Forum Resident

I’m away so can’t send photos. It should likely be at the head of the filter housing ( the bit where you unscrewed it) unless it’s stuck in the machine itself. I’m assuming the Mk II uses the same design as my Mk I

19. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

Fixed the leak but I'm getting a No Water error every time i try to degas the new water. Tried turning it off, waiting, turning it back on. Get the No Water error. Shouldn't be having these kinds of issues right off the bat for the price of this.

20. Johncan

Johncan Always learning

^^ Contact the company. They will probably send you a new one under warranty.

RC2257 likes this.
  21. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

Sorry to hear about your issue. Degritter are fast to respond to emails with great customer service. My degritter has been great since day 1. Hope you get this cleared up promptly.

RC2257 likes this.
  22. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

Going to have to do something. I can't turn the machine on without the No Water error popping up while it's priming. I can get to the main menu if I hit the stop but when I try to Degas the water, when it hits 2:01 or 2:00 on the countdown I get the No Water error. I got the Degas to work once by pausing it at around 2:10 on the countdown and starting it. Tried to Degas again without pausing, No Water error. Tried the same pausing strategy and it didn't work. Just sucks, the pure joy I had the first night and next morning has been completely wiped away lol.

I did message customer support but still waiting to hear back. I messaged them Friday night so they probably won't get back to me until tomorrow.

23. td320_vinylist

td320_vinylist Forum Resident

And if you just press the right button again after the no water warning? Works for me. But I get way less no water warnings than you. Sometimes happens during a degas, i just push the right button again.

24. mrbuckethead

mrbuckethead New Member

I can only get the Degas to work if I start the cycle, run it for 5 seconds, pause it, then unpause it. If I let it run until the No Water error pops up and hit it again, I get the error again. Everything's working again now that I've cleaned a few records, will even get through the priming stage without the No Water error. No idea if I'll have the error again the next time I change the water. Will no in at the most a week whether I continue getting the No Water errors when I change water.

25. rangda

rangda Forum Resident

Are you sure it's not leaking from the water filter itself? Perhaps the o ring is missing or not seated correctly.