Delicate Sound of Thunder, new 2020 triple vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Uglyversal, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry if there is a specific thread about the 2020 vinyl re-issue, if so I couldn't find it.

I wonder if somebody can report on sound quality and comparisons to the previous double reissue (2016???)?

Also, any technical specs would be appreciated, thank you!

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Well, it's a new remix. The redid the entire release even remastering the associated video for HDTV.

3. Michael Christmas

Michael Christmas Well-Known Member

How come no one is replying this question?

Everyone is discussing pricing, packaging and "Later year" issues but it seems impossible to find any solid comments about the quality of the sound on this new Mastering compared to the old?

4. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

Is the vinyl out of print? I can't find it any where.

5. matt03wfu

matt03wfu Forum Resident

found a copy at my local Barnes and Noble today (in Minnesota)

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

No idea about the vinyl pressing specifically but the new mix is excellent and a definite improvement on the original. I’m sure it sounds great on vinyl.

7. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I’m gonna crack into this and A/B tonight
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

petercl and Big Pasi like this.
  8. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Dead quiet vinyl, flat. No pressing issues noted. Controversial edits aside, I Love the dynamics of this release... would love to get a remixAMLOR vinyl release. Hopefully Knebworth is as solid a release as this

JeffMo and Uglyversal like this.
  9. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident Thread Starter

I actually ended up buying it shortly after my post. It sounds good but I personally didn't love it. I bought the bluray release as well, I find I prefer to play the bluray.

It might be a bit too late but here is what I thought. I have an old German vinyl copy (DMM) which sounds good but a bit too bright to me, the previous reissue seems to be more to my taste than this one. I find the vocals are the main thing I don't like in this latest vinyl, my copy like the poster's above is very quiet and without physical faults.

fishcane likes this.
  10. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I agree with your assessment. Admittedly, the vocals are a bit tinny although I was attributing that to the source recordings but in an A/b with my original pressing, I’m not so sure

Uglyversal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.