Dexter - Season Eight

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Dexnado!

Vidiot likes this.
  2. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

The show might be revived a few years from now with Dexter occasionally leaving his Pac North West logging company to tranq black, brown and grizzly bears.

As he straps them down to the wood chipper, he screams at them in bear-speak about their dark predatory nature while pictures of salmon and other game are spiked into the surrounding trees.

"Do you know what you did to that fish!?!"

Texastoyz likes this.
  3. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Just finished watching it. Question: What was THAT pile of sh**?

Taking Deb off life support felt like what the producers and writers did to the show, a mercy kill. The whole Deb thing felt forced and uninspired. Many, many laughable moments that have been covered here, no alarms when the machine was turned off, etc.

To hear Scott Buck say that Hannah's character brought a lot to this series: Um, no she hasn't. She was a character from a previous season, and unexceptional at that. I'm surprised that they didn't just conjure up another love interest for Dex. What difference did it make? He ended up rejecting the whole reason for the character to exist in the first place by faking his death.

So many roads that went nowhere. For Dexter to not return to his son, perhaps the ONLY good thing he ever did, just makes zero sense, to say nothing of Astor and Cody. Just abandoned everyone.
    Right. Room for a movie a la X-Files? Not sure they can, 'cause I think a lot of people are pissed.

And what was with throwing Deb in the sea, like one of his kills? Bulls***. She deserved better. We deserved better.

I wanted Dexter to at least get caught and do a walk of shame where everyone, Rita and Harry included, look forlorn as he makes his way to the chair.

Reminds me of when I used to play Little League baseball. When the umps wanted to go home to watch TV, they just called every pitch a strike so they could end things and get the hell out of there.
    This whole season, while it had its good points, just had a very phoned-in feel to it. I honestly wouldn't have minded a Hollywood ending.

Dan

slipkid, Vidiot and mrjinks like this.
  4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Agree 100% again with you nosticker...

5. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Disappointed... I know it's just a TV show, but I really wanted that same kind of mule kick to the head that I got when he found Rita and Harrison in the bathroom at the end of Season 4.

6. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

7. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Got notice from Amazon today that the DVD release was backed up by one week. Adding another disc with alternate ending? Hmmmm?

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

I'm sad to say I agree with 90% of what you say.

Those were priceless, Dan! :righton:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I enjoyed those more than I did the actual ending!

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  9. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

When Saxon had the vet in the car outside the hospital and pulled the scalpel on him, I wondered why the vet didn't lay on the horn, seeing as how there where lots of cops standing around in the background.

I'm sure my wife got tired of me wondering every time we saw Hannah why she didn't cut and dye her hair.

My idea for the ending was that Hannah was going to get gunned down covering Harrison in her blood. The death of the "mother" he loved would lead him to become a serial killer like his dad.

Chad

mrjinks likes this.
  10. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I came to Dexter late and watched the first 4 seasons on DVD. Saw an episode of the current season recently and couldn't believe how sub par the acting was compared to the earlier seasons I 'd just watched. Felt like everyone was phoning it in.

11. tommy-thewho

Seasons 2 and 4 have always been my favorites. Season 4 with Rita dying was like a punch to the stomach such a great ending. That was what I was hoping for in the final.. A punch to the stomach...

chrischerm likes this.
  12. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

I think a lot of people here are reading other boards and re cycling their comments. Pretty sad. Yada Yada Yada Breaking Bad, Season 4 etc. It's amazing how many people continued watching after season 4 when they claim the show was crap after that.

13. ringosshed

Complete nonsense. The regular cast loved the show and a lot of them wanted to continue.

14. ringosshed

Ridiculous.

15. ringosshed

No evidence of this anywhere.

16. ringosshed

Now we are even ripping off people posting in the same thread: Disappointed... I know it's just a TV show, but I really wanted that same kind of mule kick to the head that I got when he found Rita and Harrison in the bathroom at the end of Season 4.

17. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Not sure why you're taking it so personally (?). Were you part of the creative team or something? It was just a TV show, right? And people come here to discuss TV/Movies/Music/etc and share their opinions. Some opinions you may agree with, others you might not. If people think it sucked, is that not a valid opinion for them? It's only valid if they're heaping praise on it?

jriems likes this.
  18. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

My sister had a somewhat similar suggestion. No dead Hannah, just her and Dex fast forwarding about ten years, as they discover that Harrison had just killed a small animal. First hint that Harrison is following his own dark passenger. Think of the possibilities, he would equally proficient with knives and poison.

Vidiot and mrjinks like this.
  19. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

What's ridiculous? That a boy who was present when two mothers were killed and being covered in their blood would be messed up? Or that honking a horn would attract the attention of the police?

Chad

20. ringosshed

The first stupid one.

21. ringosshed

Just sharing MY opinion. Some of the stuff here is not even an original thought just jumping on the band wagon. I don't care if you heap praise but I will speak up when a load of bollocks is being said.

22. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

How was that stupid. The background showed lots of policemen and paramedics. They were outside a hospital and I imagine if someone started blowing the horn and didn't stop they would come to investigate.

Chad

23. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

Agree completely. Incredibly weak season all the way around.

They could have called it "Debra"

An outstanding series overall. It deserved better.

24. tommy-thewho

If you read the books Dexter teaches Cody and Astor on killing..... Cody has it big time.

25. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

From the IMDB ratings (thanks Kevin). Although there seems to be a hangover effect for Season 5, coming on the heels of the absolutely brilliant season 4.

And LouReed9, I agree with you completely, the show deserved better.

dexter_imdb.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.