Dhani Harrison Performs The Beatles 'The Inner Light'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

I get where you're coming from since there's always that factor with children of famous artists, but from what I've read, Dhani is different from most in that he's humble, hard-working, and puts a lot of time into good causes.

I find the love Olivia and Dhani both show for George really sweet and sincere.

2. chrism1971

chrism1971 Forum Resident

Nice video - apart from the US spelling of 'travelling'!

bobcat likes this.
  3. LeifFan

LeifFan Forum Resident

Wrong in so many ways I don’t have time to list them.

4. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

I've been following the innerlight2020 hashtag on Instagram, and it's really quite sweet seeing everyone contributing in their own way. It's also nice they used a song which doesn't get much attention. Makes it feel more meaningful, and it gave me a new appreciation for The Inner Light.

Hep Alien, mmars982 and BeatleJWOL like this.
  5. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I get your point but its his life he can do whatever he wants with it. :righton:

6. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

It cannot be easy to follow in the musical footsteps of a father of George's stature. Dhani is fortunate that he has the luxury of having a lot of doors open due to his name and have the financial freedom to engage in any musical projects that suits his needs. One suspects few would pay attention to his work if he wasn't the son of a Beatle.

Fabsmith likes this.
  7. flaxton

flaxton Forum Resident

I thought the same thing. Where is the generation gap these days.

8. real01

real01 Forum Resident

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Hep Alien likes this.
  9. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Hep Alien likes this.
  10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

As noted, this certainly isn't true. I think a lot of us would actually wish he did. Then we could get more outtakes, demos, and things of that nature in our hands. Dhani actually seems pretty reserved when it comes to doing too much about his Dad. Perhaps he does do some things for exposure but I think it's more out of love. It's usually for a benefit of some kind. His name just doesn't pop up on it's own and I'm sure it's probably more annoying to him that the press he gets is when it's about his father. Luckily, he seems to have aged well and doesn't carry that kind of chip on his shoulders.

bobcat and Hep Alien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.