"Die Beatles" at a nice price

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by dirtymac, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

It would be gone by now if I didn't already have mine :D

Someone should grab this.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I got the German Apple that Raunchroll and Garrett both say has the same sound (I'm the 3rd guy to have this copy obviously), so I guess I'll pass too...

4. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just got the German Apple, with the desired matrix numbers, a few weeks ago from a SH member and finally got to hear what all the fuss was about. HUGELY rewarding listen for a fan of the album and all it is cracked up to be. I was very happy paying $50 for it and, although the one on 'bay is not in as good of condition as the one I bought, it stills seems like a decent deal after watching the prices on this for months.

5. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Honestly I'd say hold out for a copy of this one with the vinyl in better condition. This is such a wonderful sounding pressing, no sense buying it in less than stone near mint condition IMHO, and you can find such copies for not a whole lot of money if you're patient.

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I bought it. The seller relisted it. It sounds amazing and the seller was conservative in his grading. It plays perfectly. I am still trying to figure out what the difference actually is. I mean, it sounds great but what has been done differently on this pressing that sets it apart from an early UK stamper?

7. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

Pretty sure they left off an order of processing.. analog compression and analog reverb. It's the proverbial flat copy of the master tape, gently eq'd to sound good on vinyl I assume.

8. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

This thread discusses differences (not everybody ends up "preferring" DIE BEATLES to PLEASE PLEASE ME, clearly, but these are most certainly different sounding pressings. I think dgsinner nails the differences in his post late in the thread - my conclusions pretty much exactly).

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=189400&highlight=horzu+die+beatles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.